Hydaelyn Role-Players
Chopping onions during RP - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Chopping onions during RP (/showthread.php?tid=14143)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Chopping onions during RP - Teadrinker - 11-04-2015

Does this ever happen to anyone else? I just had a scene that was so sad I actually welled and teared up a few times. It's rare but I can think of...oh 3-4 occasions when it's happened. Usually loss or some kind or death.

I just may be insane too. What about you guys?

RE: Chopping onions during RP - Virella - 11-04-2015

Not that often, but it happens! Happened a few time when Domri and Virella were going for one another's throats. I remember one time in particular it really exploded in terms of drama when Virella was being yet again be a xenophobic idiot, and things got flung to one another about their child what shouldn't had been said.

Good story that though, even if I was sniffing behind my computer.

RE: Chopping onions during RP - Amielle - 11-04-2015

I consider RP successful if it makes me cry.  I've been in floods of tears before during RP.

If it makes you feel that much, then it must've been good, right?

RE: Chopping onions during RP - McBeefâ„¢ - 11-04-2015

I've legitimately cried in RP a lot. 

My characters get into lots of bad and good times. 

Cherish those tears haha, they don't come easy.

RE: Chopping onions during RP - Kattoki - 11-04-2015

Shhh its not crying.... its just the onions.... *cries*

RE: Chopping onions during RP - Ha'uruh Nunh - 11-04-2015

More often than I care to admit.

RE: Chopping onions during RP - Cliodhna Eoghan - 11-04-2015

very rarely, but i've had it happen too. last time was a few months ago (at an event of all places...) but i wanna say it's been years since a time before that.

RE: Chopping onions during RP - No Longer Exists - 11-04-2015

Pft, there's no crying in RP. Geez. It's uh....dust, yanno? From the graphics card fan. Y-yeah, that's it. Dust.

-Hatter

RE: Chopping onions during RP - Berrod Armstrong - 11-04-2015

I've played a lot of sad scenes, but none of them have really brought me to tears. That's fine; it's really tough to make me cry for fiction anyway (The post-vault scene doesn't count damnit, I was running on zero sleep and VULNERABLE!). 

My RP partners and I -DO- yap about it in skype and stuff though...and yell at each other...

RE: Chopping onions during RP - Cato - 11-04-2015

I've never cried over something that's happened in role-play but I have been left emotionally drained after some very intense scenes, especially those involving the sudden death of a character or an unexpected betrayal. I actually really like tragedy in my role-play though. Not all the time, of course, but it's not something I shy away from.

RE: Chopping onions during RP - Melodia - 11-04-2015

When Melodia had her memories gone and she was being pieced back together mentally and emotionally by Nebbs, that scene made me cry because it was hard to look at Melodia's past and present in terms of loss and abandonment and loneliness. That was one where crying was unavoidable for me.

RE: Chopping onions during RP - Coatleque - 11-04-2015

All the time.

RE: Chopping onions during RP - Warren Castille - 11-04-2015

I am the one who chops.

RE: Chopping onions during RP - Ventus Zeruel - 11-04-2015

(11-04-2015, 09:10 AM)Warren Castille Wrote: I am the one who chops.
You bastard I knew it!

Haha but yeah I get tons of feels when I rp.
During scenes of romance or tragedy really it all depends.
Though I can be an emotional person. It's just like crying at a movie or while reading a book. You're invested in the characters and actually feel for them so of course you'd cry.

RE: Chopping onions during RP - Scaraphae - 11-04-2015

Yes. I've laughed, cried and cackled like a lunatic. Sometimes all at once.