Hydaelyn Role-Players
Post about why you love the Site, the Mods, The Game and the Community - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: Post about why you love the Site, the Mods, The Game and the Community (/showthread.php?tid=14196)

Pages: 1 2 3

Post about why you love the Site, the Mods, The Game and the Community - McBeefâ„¢ - 11-07-2015

Given the few negative threads lately, I think it would be nice to have a more positive one. As the title says, please post your favoritr and most loved things about this crazy site and group of people.

As for me, I love this site, I love the people on it and I love RP. Even though I often disagree with others, I hold them no Ill will. I love that there is a place we can congregate in and call home.

Please no vieled criticisms, I do really like this place, and this thread is for celebrating it.

RE: Post about why you love the Site, the Mods, The Game and the Community - Seye Qhesu - 11-07-2015

(11-07-2015, 01:10 AM)McBeefâ„¢ Wrote: Given the few negative threads lately, I think it would be nice to have a more positive one. As the title says, please post your favoritr and most loved things about this crazy site and group of people.

As for me, I love this site, I love the people on it and I love RP. Even though I often disagree with others, I hold them no Ill will. I love that there is a place we can congregate in and call home.

Please no vieled criticisms, I do really like this place, and this thread is for celebrating it.
You.

<3

In all truth I would have to say the people (WTF). You can meet some great people on here. Events are hosted, people are vocal. Everyone clap hands.

RE: Post about why you love the Site, the Mods, The Game and the Community - LiadansWhisper - 11-07-2015

I love all the butts I've met.

Really. All of them.

RE: Post about why you love the Site, the Mods, The Game and the Community - Kasumi - 11-07-2015

McBeef is definitely one of the bigger for me, along with all of my art supporters!

The sense of overall community here is fantastic and one of the better I've come across in years.

For better or worse!

RE: Post about why you love the Site, the Mods, The Game and the Community - Teadrinker - 11-07-2015

There are a lot of nice, articulate people I've met through the RPC whom I consider friends. Even more still who I'd like to be better friends with.

RE: Post about why you love the Site, the Mods, The Game and the Community - Zezeki - 11-07-2015

I only love myself.

RE: Post about why you love the Site, the Mods, The Game and the Community - Virella - 11-07-2015

The people I've met here, and the fact we all are roleplaying hobos and share the same hobby!

RE: Post about why you love the Site, the Mods, The Game and the Community - Faye - 11-07-2015

I like finding out about events!

I like using the RPC to recruit new minions!

I like making new friends and RP buddies!

I like killing time with dumb threads!

RE: Post about why you love the Site, the Mods, The Game and the Community - FreelanceWizard - 11-07-2015

I love all the threads discussing and going over lore. I love the discussions we have on the art of RP, the feedback you can get almost immediately on character concepts and ideas, the events that get advertised even if I can't go to them, the wiki pages (I love reading those), the community of linkshells and free companies that cover an amazing variety of concepts in our shared world, and the writing prompts that, even when they're silly, promote thinking about your character. I love the artists and their work and the people I've made connections with here that follow into the game.

I love the mod team for all the hard work they do. I've done the job and I know how challenging it can be; there's rarely right answers to the complex problems they face, and that they're willing to stand up and take it upon themselves to do a needed job is both admirable and brave. I love our patrons for helping me keep the site up, lightning fast, and ad free.

I love that we can, sometimes, have big threads on complicated issues where we have nuanced, interesting discussions and a lot of different points of view being shared. And yes, I do love witty meme images to make a point and the occasional silly thread.

I love that this site has been around for the entire life of XIV, still has new people coming by, and still helps people forge new relationships.

So, yeah. I've been around since 1.0, and I still check the site several times a day.

That's my paean to the RPC.

RE: Post about why you love the Site, the Mods, The Game and the Community - Arrelaine - 11-07-2015

I like the fact it's a network of events, FCs, Linkshells and general contacts. I like that you can find other groups to RP with in-game and also be able to see what events you can go to!

RE: Post about why you love the Site, the Mods, The Game and the Community - ProvaDiServo - 11-07-2015

No Mods land.

And the lore discussion.

And the chatbox
And the Morning and est late night Chatbox regulars

RE: Post about why you love the Site, the Mods, The Game and the Community - Swygynwyzn - 11-07-2015

I really have enjoyed all the folks I have met. Only met a few I dont like and even then its 1 in many that turns out that way. Smile

Edit: I must also state I met my current rp partner and friend on here through the forums. I also enjoy the positive threads like the Compliments Thread And the Free Hugs thread.

RE: Post about why you love the Site, the Mods, The Game and the Community - McBeefâ„¢ - 11-07-2015

(11-07-2015, 04:03 AM)Swygynwyzn Wrote: I really have enjoyed all the folks I have met. Only met a few I dont like and even then its 1 in many that turns out that way. Smile
Agreed, there is almost no one on here I actually dislike.

I disagree with people a lot, but I almost always think the people themselves are good. This is truly one of the best and most creative groups of people I've ever met. 

I mean that earnestly.

RE: Post about why you love the Site, the Mods, The Game and the Community - Swygynwyzn - 11-07-2015

(11-07-2015, 04:08 AM)McBeefâ„¢ Wrote:
(11-07-2015, 04:03 AM)Swygynwyzn Wrote: I really have enjoyed all the folks I have met. Only met a few I dont like and even then its 1 in many that turns out that way. Smile

Edit: I must also state I met my current rp partner and friend on here through the forums. I also enjoy the positive threads like the Compliments Thread And the Free Hugs thread.
Agreed, there is almost no one on here I actually dislike.

I disagree with people a lot, but I almost always think the people themselves are good. This is truly one of the best and most creative groups of people I've ever met. 

I mean that earnestly.
Very true. And the Beef here is a lovely person as well.

RE: Post about why you love the Site, the Mods, The Game and the Community - SessionZero - 11-07-2015

No Mod's Land.

In-depth lore discussions and analysis. 

A vibrant IC section filled with many talented and bright writers putting down great, great stuff for everyone to read.

Bronco Grease. 

The wonderful dorks I've met in game, and have yet to meet.

There's very little not to love about everything, we just need a little reminder from time to time.