Hydaelyn Role-Players
The Greatest Food is Curry! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: The Greatest Food is Curry! (/showthread.php?tid=14300)

Pages: 1 2 3

The Greatest Food is Curry! - Meis Knifebearer - 11-16-2015

I love curry. I think we should all share our curry stories. Do you like it? Do you hate it? When you play Final Fantasy XIV, does curry make your belly rumble? I'm getting some today and I hope yours looks as delicious as this!

[Image: o.jpg]

RE: The Greatest Food is Curry! - Caspar - 11-16-2015

If curry is mentioned, I will cross time and space, and I will be there, watching from the emptiness between worlds, waiting for my time to devour all.

RE: The Greatest Food is Curry! - Meis Knifebearer - 11-16-2015

(11-16-2015, 05:32 PM)Caspar Wrote: If curry is mentioned, I will cross time and space, and I will be there, watching from the emptiness between worlds, waiting for my time to devour all.

Let's say that it did... what would be your favorite curry dish? What kind was it and how did it taste? Try and describe it!

RE: The Greatest Food is Curry! - Caspar - 11-16-2015

I had a great goat curry once at a fairly nice Indian restaurant. Wish I could rember the name.

The spiceness of a good hot curry feels different than the numbing dry flavor I've come to enjoy from mapo. I taught myself to overcome my "cat's tongue" specifically to be able to eat these foods.

RE: The Greatest Food is Curry! - Edgar - 11-16-2015

There is only one Curry I prefer...

[Image: tcurry.jpg]

RE: The Greatest Food is Curry! - Aldotsk - 11-16-2015

Go Go Curry in NYC. People should try it. 

(11-16-2015, 05:37 PM)Caspar Wrote: I had a great goat curry once at a fairly nice Indian restaurant. Wish I could rember the name.

The spiceness of a good hot curry feels different than the numbing dry flavor I've come to enjoy from mapo. I taught myself to overcome my "cat's tongue" specifically to be able to eat these foods.

Sounds fabulous. I love my curry hot and with pork. Like that picture I posted, mine tastes orgasmic. First, it's the crunchy texture that breaks against chattering teeth. You get a hint of the heat from the meat beneath that crust and soon the sauce's beauty comes into the mix. You taste a little bit of that brown sugar and garlic, then even the oils used in the pot to make the sauce. The heat from the rub is the last of it. I can tell that the chef let the sauce have a crust over the top before dipping in to drizzle the pork and rice. It hits the roof of your mouth first and while it doesn't exactly numb the tongue, the buttery oils make it all worth the while.

And that is just the first bite. The second tells more. 

(11-16-2015, 05:41 PM)Aldotsk Wrote: Go Go Curry in NYC. People should try it. 

Whoa. Now that looks good. I'll add that to my list of places to eat at New York!

RE: The Greatest Food is Curry! - Ozma - 11-16-2015

There is an amazing curry place that opened up next to where I live. Looking at this thread has re-awaken my hidden desires to go back there and take a photo of the giant curry fit for 5 Sultanas.

RE: The Greatest Food is Curry! - Roen - 11-16-2015

Green curry is my absolute favorite curry in the world.

And the best one I ever had was in London!

(11-16-2015, 06:04 PM)Roen Wrote: Green curry is my absolute favorite curry in the world.

I was going to say that I've never heard of such thing, and you were crazy - but I see that it exists and looks amazing.

[Image: Thai_green_chicken_curry_and_roti.jpg]

RE: The Greatest Food is Curry! - Kage - 11-16-2015

(11-16-2015, 06:08 PM)Aldotsk Wrote:
(11-16-2015, 06:04 PM)Roen Wrote: Green curry is my absolute favorite curry in the world.

I was going to say that I've never heard of such thing, and you were crazy - but I see that it exists and looks amazing.

There is more to the world of curries than just Japanese curry.

[Image: yellow-curry-2.jpg][Image: 564811_orig.jpg]
[Image: IMG_63981.jpg]
[Image: 564811_orig.jpg]

I do love me my japanese curry though. CoCo Ichibanya is a a nice chain imo.
[Image: o.jpg][Image: o.jpg]

RE: The Greatest Food is Curry! - Roen - 11-16-2015

(11-16-2015, 06:08 PM)Aldotsk Wrote:

It IS amazing!! (That picture looks like it is being served with naan. I still like it best with rice though)

My first love was Japanese curry though... but green curry has stolen me awaaay~

(okay I actually pretty much love all curry)

I personally loved Thai Peanut Pineapple Curry when I had it at this particular restaurant. They also served with Duck meat :o

RE: The Greatest Food is Curry! - Unnamed Mercenary - 11-16-2015

Panaang Curry is the best curry.

It's a Thai curry with coconut milk in it.

[Image: 20131129-img_4758.jpg]

Otherwise, Coco Ichibanya for Japanese-style curry. Chicken cutlet, vegetables + cheese = best way.