Hydaelyn Role-Players
[Balmung] Old couple looking for old (and young) friends - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Making Connections (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Thread: [Balmung] Old couple looking for old (and young) friends (/showthread.php?tid=14311)

Old couple looking for old (and young) friends - plumsamurai - 11-17-2015

Jeantremont and Victoire Arbeau are looking to make some new friends or possibly establish age-old friendships! We're both PST. I work office hours and raid 3 times a week. Victoire works odd hours and is usually up much later than I.

A little bit about the couple. Jeantremont and Victoire fled Ishgard nearly 60 years ago to start a new life and a family away from the oppressive rules of the Holy See. They lived in Gridania for a few months before eventually settling in Ul'dah. They started out with nothing, working their asses off to eventually become part of Ul'dah's upper class and give their family something they never could have had in Ishgard. They have five children, a handful of grandkids, and are starting to get some great grandkids.

Jean (85) is a master medicinal alchemist with clients all over Eorzea while Vic (75) is a badass bounty hunter mage. We're looking for new friends and possibly to establish long-time (or new!) friendships with other old folks (with Eorzea's high mortality rate, that might be rare).

[Image: tumblr_nxuobtXvIl1tw7n16o1_500.png]

RE: Old couple looking for old (and young) friends - Swashbuckler - 11-17-2015

Psh, y'all hittin' that grave first before everyone else does, har har. Laugh

I have a scholar who might be interested in connections, especially if they deal with alchemy. If you guys don't mind him being half a century younger than you old hags, that is. Big Grin

RE: Old couple looking for old (and young) friends - plumsamurai - 11-17-2015

Psh they'll live to 120 easily.

Heck yeah! He does actually dabble with spell inks and such on occasion as well as make medicine so they definitely would have something to chat about Big Grin

RE: Old couple looking for old (and young) friends - Minako Obinata - 11-18-2015

They both sound really interesting! I'd love to rp sometime, my ign is Minako Obinata. Feel free to shoot me a message if I'm online. Moogle

RE: Old couple looking for old (and young) friends - plumsamurai - 11-18-2015

I'll try to shoot you a message tonight when I get home!

RE: Old couple looking for old (and young) friends - Khunbish Avagnar - 11-18-2015

If you think your pair would be interested in friendship with someone like Alciel, send a message in game and we'll set something up!

RE: Old couple looking for old (and young) friends - Gegenji - 11-19-2015

More old folks, yay!

I have a grandpa of my own - though it's hard to tell in all the armor - in Judge Jredthys. He helps oversee at the Grindstone on Saturdays, usually by what is oft considered his companion "grandma" in Marisaie. If we want to establish/maintain/reinforce the idea of all old folks knowing each other, we should totally have them get together to talk about all these young sprouts running around getting themselves into trouble.

I'm usually only on Judge on Saturdays, but you can usually snag me on Chachanji or Gogonji most other times to see if you want to chat. Thumbsup

RE: Old couple looking for old (and young) friends - Zezeki - 11-19-2015

Zekiki is 51, which is kind of getting there. She's kind of known in regards to things like the thaumaturge's guild, and related places. Zeki's also been a hermit for a while too, so her name has probably faded away too. She's willing to talk to older folks though.

RE: Old couple looking for old (and young) friends - plumsamurai - 11-19-2015

I'm so excited to meet all y'all. I will try to track you all down in the next few days. Thursday is raid day, so you might get a message from that strange Valentinoix fellow (Val is my main raid character). Otherwise I might try to snag you all in the wee hours of the pst night.

RE: Old couple looking for old (and young) friends - Garalona - 11-20-2015

Garalona is 41 but has the world weariness of someone twice her age for various reasons. Anyone not in the bloom of youth would be a nice change of pace to hang out with!

I've been feeling particularly old and decrepit myself irl due to a congenital defect giving me hell, so my online time has been pretty brief and sporadic, but I'm trying to change that now. Just drop me a line if you do catch me in game.

RE: Old couple looking for old (and young) friends - Jonexe - 11-20-2015

Zozomaru is 49, something of a traveler, and a mage as well. He might get along with the two of you.

RE: Old couple looking for old (and young) friends - Swygynwyzn - 11-20-2015

Well Lori and I would love to meet you!