Hydaelyn Role-Players
[Balmung] Doman Ninjas, where art thou?! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Making Connections (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Thread: [Balmung] Doman Ninjas, where art thou?! (/showthread.php?tid=14422)

Doman Ninjas, where art thou?! - Virella - 11-28-2015

After giving a few pokes around here and there, and my interaction with the Doman crowd being fairly limited, I figured posting a very specific add on the RPC might help me out.

Currently I'm looking for roleplayers who have a Doman Ninja, seeming Avelyn here is interested in learning about other fighting/lifestyles. Not to be taught, rather to learn more about them. I could very easily do this with a NPC, but Hells, wouldn't it be more fun if I could find an actual Ninja roleplayer for this?

So are you, or do you know someone, who roleplays a Doman Ninja and said Ninja loves talking about their craft? Please give me a shout ingame, in this thread or in a PM!

RE: Doman Ninjas, where art thou?! - Hyakki - 11-28-2015

Any "ninja" that claims to be one, is scamming you. Seek out Doman martial artists instead.

RE: Doman Ninjas, where art thou?! - Caspar - 11-28-2015

Maybe? Most of the NPCs associated with my character might technically qualify, and thus some of Virara's training might be relevant. But they're also entirely too dangerous, some might say unstable, to hold any sort of conversation with, particularly about their background. Not to mention they were on horrible terms with the actual clans like Oboro's and Yugiri's. Then there's the matter of finding them...

RE: Doman Ninjas, where art thou?! - mongi291 - 11-28-2015

My character Ume is a Doman ninja.
Thing is, she won't tell anyone.

RE: Doman Ninjas, where art thou?! - Nebbs - 11-28-2015

Maybe ask any Au Ra friends about fighting styles. /winkwink

RE: Doman Ninjas, where art thou?! - Arrelaine - 11-28-2015

You'll probably be hard-pressed to find ninjas that advertise the fact they're ninjas. Most Domans are going to find them untrustworthy since it's believed that the ninjas (or at least that particular village of ninjas) betrayed them to the Garleans during the uprising. I'd say most are still going to be in 'hiding' so they're not completely ostracized.

There's always a rumor thing though. 'I know a guy who knows a guy who saw a guy do crazy things like a ninja'. Your character might be led on some wild goose chases but that might be fun too. lol Good luck in finding someone though!

RE: Doman Ninjas, where art thou?! - Virella - 11-28-2015

(11-28-2015, 02:27 PM)Arrelaine Wrote: You'll probably be hard-pressed to find ninjas that advertise the fact they're ninjas. Most Domans are going to find them untrustworthy since it's believed that the ninjas (or at least that particular village of ninjas) betrayed them to the Garleans during the uprising. I'd say most are still going to be in 'hiding' so they're not completely ostracized.

There's always a rumor thing though. 'I know a guy who knows a guy who saw a guy do crazy things like a ninja'. Your character might be led on some wild goose chases but that might be fun too. lol Good luck in finding someone though!
Hence why I am asking for it OOC! There must be some hook possible, don't mind Ave having to go trough some trouble to find one.

Thank you all for your replies so far though! Smile

RE: Doman Ninjas, where art thou?! - Ashe - 11-30-2015

I have Kasumi who I've RP'd on all of...one or two times and then switched her with Zeph...
So she's a level 46 alt...
But!
Is a Doman Ninja >>

RE: Doman Ninjas, where art thou?! - Minata Mina - 12-09-2015

My character Shirashi Yayoi is a Pure blooded ninja from Doma. She might be willing to help if you can convince her too. You can mostly find her dressed as a dancer in Uldah. If you run into her feel free to drop by an rp or we can set something up ooc Smile

RE: Doman Ninjas, where art thou?! - Leon - 12-09-2015

One of my alts is a Raen Ninja(so obviously Doman), she is actually from a highly regarded bloodline/family of ninja...but they were conscripted/forced to serve Garlemald when they first took Doma. If you want to try your luck with her, feel free to send me a PM on the RPC, or an in-game tell to my main.