Hydaelyn Role-Players
New Mogstation items! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV News (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: New Mogstation items! (/showthread.php?tid=14452)

Pages: 1 2

New Mogstation items! - Kage - 12-01-2015

New optional items have been added to the FINAL FANTASY XIV: Mog Station!

Mount: White Devil (Single Character)
[Image: 8bd68c16dda25a264fa8c586dcc2a19238a2e526_0.png]
Mount: Red Baron (Single Character)
[Image: 8bd68c16dda25a264fa8c586dcc2a19238a2e526_1.png]
Starlight Attire
[Image: 8bd68c16dda25a264fa8c586dcc2a19238a2e526_2.png]
Starlight Sugarloaf Hat / Starlight Tunic / Starlight Tights / Starlight Boots
False Mustache
Minion: Hoary the Snowman
[Image: 8bd68c16dda25a264fa8c586dcc2a19238a2e526_3.png]

RE: New Mogstation items! - Riven - 12-01-2015

...How much for the Magitek armor? >_>

RE: New Mogstation items! - Warren Castille - 12-01-2015

That Red Baron armor is pretty dang sweet.

Dear Santa...

RE: New Mogstation items! - Kage - 12-01-2015

$12 for the mounts

[Image: f032c86efb.jpg]

RE: New Mogstation items! - Warren Castille - 12-01-2015

...I'm blanking. Is Red Baron in the game at all besides a vanity mount? White Devil is clearly Livia's ride, but I don't remember anyone flying around in a red one.

I bet it was Nero's.

RE: New Mogstation items! - Melodia - 12-01-2015

I'm sad there aren't the trees or housing items for sale Sad

RE: New Mogstation items! - Lydia Lightfoot - 12-01-2015

I'm unclear as to the point of spending real money on a mount that doesn't do anything.

Like... if it could be your Companion, and participate in fights, even if the skills were just effect-swapped versions of the same skills your Chocobo could use... hey, that's awesome, that's maybe worth RMT.

RE: New Mogstation items! - Gegenji - 12-01-2015

(12-01-2015, 02:20 PM)Calliope Cloverbloom Wrote: I'm unclear as to the point of spending real money on a mount that doesn't do anything.

Like... if it could be your Companion, and participate in fights, even if the skills were just effect-swapped versions of the same skills your Chocobo could use... hey, that's awesome, that's maybe worth RMT.

You're paying $12 for a vanity mount that plays a different theme from the other two - one you get from MSQ and one for getting lots of commends. I didn't really think it worth it, since I rarely use the ones I have unless I'm in the mood to chillax to Terra's Theme.

And this is someone who bought the Odin horse. Because at least it's an entirely different model (with unique poses while sitting on it) along with a different theme instead of just slapping a new paint-job on an existing mount you'll be getting anyway and charging you twelve bucks for it.

RE: New Mogstation items! - Cato - 12-01-2015

I bought both because I'm a collector but I feel sorry for anyone with more than one character given that Odin's mount, at least, was a one time only purchase and ended up being sent to every character made upon an account. These two, however, are limited to a single character - which is ironic given that a lot of people complained about the price of the Odin mount. It is, in fact, better value for money in my opinion.

Though it's become pretty standard in MMO's - even those that are subscription based.

RE: New Mogstation items! - Lydia Lightfoot - 12-01-2015

...yes, I know that it's paying money for a vanity mount, and I know that it's common in MMOs. C'mon, guys, I'm not a derp.
What I'm saying is, something that's not common in an MMO is the ability for your mount to fight alongside you, and it's really vexing that they have a system for that in FFXIV but have arbitrarily limited that system to only Chocobos. Most of the things you can get as a mount are things that already have battle animations in the game anyway, so I can't even imagine it would be that difficult to set it up so players could use these other mounts in battle. Same exact skills as the Chocobo, just with different names and visuals, but the visuals already exist. 

Sure, that's a vanity thing too. But it's weird to be riding along on a Magitek armor, then jump off of it to fight an enemy and the Magitek armor disappears and suddenly your Chocobo shows up because you'd had it in your party already.... so you're constantly going around flipping between Magitek and Chocobo, which... I dunno. It's jarring to me. I end up just always riding my Chocobo for that reason. I'd love to be able to use a different mount, and when I dismount, that other mount can use Magitek Regen and Magitek Cure on me or whatever.

RE: New Mogstation items! - Kage - 12-01-2015

Depending on the vanity mount, I'd jump. I already have my choice magitek which is why I won't leap for these but if they gave other types, hell yeah I'd buy it if I wanted it.

If I could buy Fenrir I would.

I'd also buy a flying tortoise. Big Grin

I'm perfectly happy with the vanity mounts I have now but if I got more that I liked just as much? FUCK YEAH HERE'S MY WALLET

RE: New Mogstation items! - Gegenji - 12-01-2015

(12-01-2015, 02:52 PM)Calliope Cloverbloom Wrote: ...yes, I know that it's paying money for a vanity mount, and I know that it's common in MMOs. C'mon, guys, I'm not a derp.

I wasn't trying to imply that you were a derp. Sad
I was just using your post as a springboard for my own opinions on the matter regarding the new for-sale mounts. And Graeham even brings up the super-solid point that the Odin horse was all-characters instead of one character only, which is extra dumb. There is literally no reason to pick these up unless you want all the mounts on one character or you really dig that music. I couldn't imagine playing $12 per character for the mount, and I have to question why they thought that change was a good idea.

I will agree that I'd love some alternate Companion options, though. Even if it was just Fat Chocobo. Having him lurch around in combat would be amazing.

RE: New Mogstation items! - Chris Ganale - 12-01-2015

While I would love being able to use some of the other mounts in combat, some of them just wouldn't be fair. A magitek reaper outclasses a chocobo for combat by several degrees of magnitute.

RE: New Mogstation items! - Erik Mynhier - 12-01-2015

(12-01-2015, 12:51 PM)Kage Wrote: Mount: Red Baron (Single Character)
[Image: 8bd68c16dda25a264fa8c586dcc2a19238a2e526_1.png]

Clio look! I found what I want for Yuletide.

RE: New Mogstation items! - Steel Wolf - 12-01-2015

Baron or Devil?
Baron or Devil?
Baron or Devil?
RRRRGGH!!