Hydaelyn Role-Players
Final Fantasy VII Remake Gameplay - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: Final Fantasy VII Remake Gameplay (/showthread.php?tid=14499)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Final Fantasy VII Remake Gameplay - Wemrys - 12-05-2015

Hope you guys like action RPGs because that's what this new trailer from the Playstation Experience 2015 expo shows off!

RE: Final Fantasy VII Remake Gameplay - ProvaDiServo - 12-05-2015

best decision they made, nobody wants to sit through that atb bullshit.

RE: Final Fantasy VII Remake Gameplay - Greybarren - 12-05-2015

Dunno.  Could still be XIII-esq with a better cinematic camera.  Folks thought the same thing when they saw the Lightning action sequence when it was revealed.

Still, TBD on if this will be worth the hyping or not for me ... though if they use the full orchestral work for this.  YUM.

RE: Final Fantasy VII Remake Gameplay - cuideag - 12-05-2015

I'll miss the turn based junk but one thing I won't miss is weird mutant Cloud cause he's weirder than ever

RE: Final Fantasy VII Remake Gameplay - Wemrys - 12-05-2015

It looks like it's built on the same engine as FF15 which would explain how they have gameplay to show off so fast and why the gameplay and cutscene graphical fidelity look about the same. It would also make it easy to streamline combat as well since it wouldn't have to be much different.

RE: Final Fantasy VII Remake Gameplay - Edgar - 12-05-2015

I'm reminded of Kingdom Hearts watching it. That's not a bad thing, but SE's attitude of "fix what isn't broken" lately is disheartening.

RE: Final Fantasy VII Remake Gameplay - Cato - 12-05-2015

I don't mind the combat being changed so long as it is engaging, rewards an element of strategy and not trivial in terms of difficulty. As great as the original game may be it wouldn't be a sound decision to just slap updated graphics on it and call it a day. Both major and quality of life changes needed to be made and I'm glad they the developers saw fit to do just that.
I'm very excited about being able to explore some of the more iconic locations and see what the major characters look like. I'm also hoping that there will be new areas to explore and that locations won't be cut from the final product.

RE: Final Fantasy VII Remake Gameplay - Jana - 12-05-2015

Turn-based RPGs usually bore me to sleep, while action games are my forte. I may actually be interested now.

RE: Final Fantasy VII Remake Gameplay - Wemrys - 12-05-2015

(12-05-2015, 03:35 PM)Graeham Wrote: and that locations won't be cut from the final product.

[Image: hqdefault.jpg]

IN HD

RE: Final Fantasy VII Remake Gameplay - Thunderbolt300 - 12-05-2015

I'm just hoping this comes to PC. Want.

Until then, have to stick to a heavily modded FF7 on Steam...

RE: Final Fantasy VII Remake Gameplay - Kage - 12-05-2015

I prefer ATB / turn based. I don't like action RPGs myself.

RE: Final Fantasy VII Remake Gameplay - V'aleera - 12-05-2015

Looks pretty promising.

RE: Final Fantasy VII Remake Gameplay - Aaron - 12-05-2015

I can see all the Cloud vs Noctis threads to be on Reddit because of the remake showing Clouds abilities as good as Noctis and Lightning. . .

Prepare for hell vvv

Anyway I can't wait for this, real time combat is always a weakness of mine especially after playing God of War.

RE: Final Fantasy VII Remake Gameplay - Sahb - 12-05-2015

The combat really isn't doing anything for me. Something along the lines of FFX's ATB system would have been a nice middle ground, but not the FFXV action system. It's clunky as hell to use in the demo.

The question is whether they're going to truck ahead with this considering how polarized the community is. Personally I'm hoping that they make amends; Bravely Default has shown that people are eager to play more games with an ATB system, and changing the core combat mechanics of a very popular game are always going to be risky.

tl;dr

It's a bold strategy Cotton, let's see if it plays off.

RE: Final Fantasy VII Remake Gameplay - Chris Ganale - 12-05-2015

How are they going to do things like the WEAPONs, specifically Emerald, with an RTB system?