Hydaelyn Role-Players
The Celebration of Gifts - 12/20/2015, 3pm EST - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Roleplay Events (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+---- Forum: Chronicled Events (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+---- Thread: The Celebration of Gifts - 12/20/2015, 3pm EST (/showthread.php?tid=14510)

Pages: 1 2

The Celebration of Gifts - 12/20/2015, 3pm EST - Telluride - 12-06-2015

How is it that we keep our hearts warm when the world becomes cold? How is it that we fend off longer and longer nights while we keep our disposition sunny? Perhaps it is because we remember all the gifts that we give and receive come the solstice, and all the ones that have come before.

In keeping with this theme, come perform for us, or join the finest of Eorzea's bards and entertainers, in the latest installment of the Celebration Performance Series:

The Celebration of Gifts

[Image: lots_of_christmas_presents-t2.jpg]

In keeping with the season, but with the expectation of doing something with our own special twist, our theme for this celebration is, "The Greatest Gift." Performers are asked to prepare a 3-8 minute presentation of speech, dance, song, or poetry for the audience that is in keeping with and true to this theme, as they interpret it.

When: Sunday, 12/20/2015, at 3pm EST

Where: Thal's Respite in Eastern Thanalan:

[Image: 3466529.jpg]

[Image: 3D-Presents-psd97394.png]

Your hosts for this event shall be Nathan Telluride and Ciel Grayve, and we look forward to presenting to you all another fine show. Performers who wish to participate are asked to post in this thread and/or contact one of us, and give us a quick synopsis of your performance, and we will update this thread with the roster as we go.

The following souls, in no particular order, have expressed their wish to perform, and are on the current roster:

Sumi Kha
Mina Keatley
Jancis Milburga
Odette Saoirse
Leanne Delphium
Michaux Vidal

Treats and sweets will be available, and attendees are asked to dress festively to show their spirit of celebration. Be aware that Thal's Respite is very close and cozy, so bring blankets upon which to sit, and friends with whom to sit closely.

After the performances, we will have any who desire line up to say a few words of well-wishing to the audience. A queue will be formed, and each guest in turn will be give one line with which to share his or her seasonal thanks, wishes, and regards for the company, a best friend, a lover, or for the community.

[Image: No-gift-bags-No-problem-Expert-tips-on-n...esents.jpg]

Note for our regulars: Previously, we were planning a "Cabaret" theme for this event; however, we became aware that an event of that theme requires planning and a special venue, to ensure maximum enjoyment, participation and organization, and we have decided to move that particular theme to our next Celebration event in January, so that we may give it the attention it deserves. We also realize that many in the RP community may be absent from game during the last half of December, and decided to keep this month's show simple so that we may have a properly big and well attended event for the new year. Apologies go to our regular performers for any confusion, for YOU are the heart of these events, and we look forward to working with you on this AND next month's Celebration.

RE: The Celebration of Gifts - 12/20/2015, 3pm EST - Nebbs - 12-07-2015

Put Sumi down for a slot.

RE: The Celebration of Gifts - 12/20/2015, 3pm EST - Mina Rhaal - 12-07-2015

I can be there!

Sign Mina up for a (likely short) song. Heart

RE: The Celebration of Gifts - 12/20/2015, 3pm EST - Jancis - 12-07-2015

yay Gifts! And I love that venue! This is so exciting.

I'll write up a revision to The Holly and the Ivy carol to focus on something like "the gift of _____".

RE: The Celebration of Gifts - 12/20/2015, 3pm EST - Capheira - 12-07-2015

As always, please add Ode to the list of performers. Heart

RE: The Celebration of Gifts - 12/20/2015, 3pm EST - Telluride - 12-08-2015

Update!

Adding Sumi, Mina, Jancis and Odette to the performance roster. Please spread the word and check in if you would like to perform!

RE: The Celebration of Gifts - 12/20/2015, 3pm EST - Leanne - 12-11-2015

Participating, as aaalways!

RE: The Celebration of Gifts - 12/20/2015, 3pm EST - Telluride - 12-11-2015

(12-11-2015, 03:09 AM)Leanne Wrote: Participating, as aaalways!

Updating!

Leanne GET!

RE: The Celebration of Gifts - 12/20/2015, 3pm EST - Telluride - 12-15-2015

BUMP!

We still have plenty of openings for performers for the monthly Celebration event! come show off your cheer and your gear for the last time this year.

RE: The Celebration of Gifts - 12/20/2015, 3pm EST - Solenne - 12-16-2015

Please add Michaux Vidal! He'll pluck at his lyre a bit while reciting a poem.

RE: The Celebration of Gifts - 12/20/2015, 3pm EST - Telluride - 12-16-2015

(12-16-2015, 03:47 AM)Solenne Wrote: Please add Michaux Vidal! He'll pluck at his lyre a bit while reciting a poem.

Done and done, with roster updated. Spread the word!

RE: The Celebration of Gifts - 12/20/2015, 3pm EST - Nebbs - 12-19-2015

Bumping this and providing a taster..

Sumi will be performing a one girl mini play...
  • There is an evil Queen!  Booooooo!
  • Evil Minions up to no good... double Booooo!
  • A Wise Old Man.. with a list!  Oh no he doesn't!
  • Did I mention Ninjas! They are behind you!
Will the fate of the people be eternal misery.. or will friendship and love win out?

RE: The Celebration of Gifts - 12/20/2015, 3pm EST - SM Nick - 12-19-2015

Hey I wanna enter the Celebration with my alt Emma, but I don't have an act for her....Sad

RE: The Celebration of Gifts - 12/20/2015, 3pm EST - Telluride - 12-20-2015

BUMP

The Celebration of Gifts is today! Don't miss it!

Our performance roster for the show is finalized, and is below. Please let me know if any of you need to make last minute changes.

Sumi Kha
Mina Keatley
Jancis Milburga
Odette Saoirse
Leanne Delphium
Michaux Vidal

RE: The Celebration of Gifts - 12/20/2015, 3pm EST - SM Nick - 12-20-2015

If it's not too late, I would now like to enter by contributing a nice little holiday story.