Hydaelyn Role-Players
[Balmung] A little idea for an adventure! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Making Connections (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Thread: [Balmung] A little idea for an adventure! (/showthread.php?tid=14511)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

A little idea for an adventure! - Noirelle - 12-06-2015

So yeah, I'm still unable to fly in the hinterlands. I mean I could do it the boring way, yanno by myself using the aether compass.

But then...

...an idea hit me so fast and so hard outta nowhere!

What if I rp it all out. The hunt for the aether currents, then it goes from by myself with the aether compass to a group of minions adventurers helping me find it with an aether compass. And, as every zone requires a dungeon run to 'complete' the flying process what about the Arboretum? 

So there, an IC expedition to the Hinterlands to find the aether currents, crowing with an IC run of the Arboretum to either find the 'hidden' aether current in the zone or treat it like a sidequest because X person wants Y thing in the arboretum then they can go teach Nifie how to harness the Hinterland's brand of aether currents. 

I know, Arboretum, i170 reqs, it's a compromise. I don't know how plausible it really is to use the Library as the crowning run instead of the Arboretum. 

This is going to be a long shot isn't it?

Anyway as to how people get in, post your interest, we set something up, Nifie approaches you with a deal ICly of course. Hits two birds with one stone since I can also figure out the rest of the party's schedules for when they're available for RP and find a common ground.

RE: A little idea for an adventure! - Steel Wolf - 12-06-2015

Oooh, this sounds fun as fuff! And since Steel's a sellsword by trade, she'd be up for helping out.

And probably calling you a nerd for doing all the research-y things. Tongue

CLASS: DRK
TIMES: Fri-Tue after 12:30am EST, Wed-Thu anytime after 7pm-8pm EST

RE: A little idea for an adventure! - Noirelle - 12-06-2015

(12-06-2015, 10:12 PM)Steel Wolf Wrote: Oooh, this sounds fun as fuff! And since Steel's a sellsword by trade, she'd be up for helping out.

And probably calling you a nerd for doing all the research-y things. Tongue

CLASS: DRK
TIMES: Fri-Tue after 12:30am EST, Wed-Thu anytime after 7pm-8pm EST

B-but I'm not a nerd nor researching. I just...whip out the compass like so, sneak around whatever's near the current or kill whatever's near it.
:<

RE: A little idea for an adventure! - Steel Wolf - 12-06-2015

Oh!

Well then she'll cheer for you. Quietly. <3

RE: A little idea for an adventure! - Roe Dad - 12-06-2015

Id be down to help you as well.

RE: A little idea for an adventure! - S'imba - 12-06-2015

This sounds cool...I'd like to do something like this.

RE: A little idea for an adventure! - Noirelle - 12-07-2015

EXCELLENT!

Now I just have to find you all one by one and get you on board with the idea ICly!

Which is sort of an adventure in itself!

Though I should probably point out that I live in a weird timezone. Take EST and then add 12 hours to it. :<

But I guess I'm not opposed to staying up stupidly late to make it happen. 

whoaoaoaohohohwoahodshdwdjasdjwooooh

RE: A little idea for an adventure! - S'imba - 12-07-2015

Well you can reach me in game or just send me a pm here on the forums. /nod nod

(12-06-2015, 10:48 PM)Steel Wolf Wrote: Oh!

Well then she'll cheer for you. Quietly. <3

So for reference where would I find Steel loitering around. (damn I better learn to distinguish this Steel from my cousin's character XD))

(12-06-2015, 11:14 PM)Lady Krist Wrote: Id be down to help you as well.

Awessooomme but yeah where might I find Okhi..come to think of it I may have seen her once or twice around the Quicksand, still where's a good place to poke around? :>

(12-07-2015, 03:20 AM)S Wrote: Well you can reach me in game or just send me a pm here on the forums. /nod nod

Any place Mufasa S'imba frequents? And PM, like uhh just planning OOC stuff or... >.<;;

*Please bear with me I'm crazy new to this thing :3*

RE: A little idea for an adventure! - Steel Wolf - 12-07-2015

Honestly, there's no place she stays put in long..but given time she can be found tromping about in Linsa Lominsa near the Wench or the Aftcastle. :3

RE: A little idea for an adventure! - Roe Dad - 12-07-2015

(12-07-2015, 03:47 AM)Noirelle Wrote:
(12-06-2015, 11:14 PM)Lady Krist Wrote: Id be down to help you as well.

Awessooomme but yeah where might I find Okhi..come to think of it I may have seen her once or twice around the Quicksand, still where's a good place to poke around? :>
Limsa is the best spot to just catch her walking about. But if you send me a ingame message I can be wherever since she tends to roam a bit.

RE: A little idea for an adventure! - SicketySix - 12-07-2015

If there is gil to be made, my character would accompany you.

You can find me in the Quicksand or just send a /tell.
Character is Saye Takao

This may also be quite the long adventure, if you're all up to traversing from Gridania all the way to the Hinterlands. 

But that's just a thought, I'm fine with porting to Idyllshire and starting there too.

RE: A little idea for an adventure! - Steel Wolf - 12-07-2015

I can be in Gridania for reasons. Easy enough. Much like the Lady Krist, Steel isn't really lashed down to one location.

I was thinking more of finding you all one by one then having the actual meet up in Gridania since that's the closest place with the airship access and stuff.