Hydaelyn Role-Players
The End is Nigh - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV News (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: The End is Nigh (/showthread.php?tid=1454)

Pages: 1 2 3

The End is Nigh - Aysun - 11-02-2012

Ul'dah Under Siege!
With the final save of character data behind us, a slew of changes have been taking place in Eorzea. Those who logged on after maintenance were originally disappointed by the seemingly unchanged world, but after several hours changes began to occur. For those who haven't logged in yet, I highly suggest you do, and show off your screenshots!
  • There has been a cloud layer removed from the sky. Dalamud is more intense (but not closer, yet). Stars and the moon could be seen through the clouds at night.
  • Shortly after maintenance, several new camps in the Black Shroud, Thanalan, and Mor Dhona changed to 0 anima required and their aetherytes changed from blue to orange.
  • A lightning storm began, and has been a constant weather effect ever since.
  • Packs of Great Buffalo, Marlboros, Chimeras, and other notorious monsters only previously seen in dungeons or as a single mob were seen outside the Gate of Thal in Thanalan.
  • Atomos-related mobs began spawning within Ul'dah
  • Imperials began spawning within Ul'dah.
  • Nael van Darnus (single or multiple of him!) began spawning in Ul'dah.
  • A version of the themesong "Answers" is now playing in various regions of Eorzea.
  • Golems called Number 126 have started spawning inside Ul'dah, though they do not stray far from the Bric-a-Brac/Adventurer's Guild area, they hit for 9999HP consistently. They are incredibly resistant to magic and physical attack.

Letter from the Producer, XXXVIII
In this letter, Yoshi-P expresses his thanks to all of us players for our encouragement and support over the last two years. The alpha is going well, with no major problems and they are receiving a lot of feedback. More testers will begin to get notifications soon, and they will announce on the Twitter when emails are being sent, so keep an eye out if you applied!

Two screenshots from alpha were leaked:
[Image: 7643_0.jpg]
[Image: 7643_2.jpg]

A LIVE letter from the producer is planned for 2:00AM PDT on November 11th, so get your questions in now!

The Last Word
Kipih Jakkya has written her last report as the war gets too close to home and Eorzea deteriorates.

An excerpt:
Quote:Our conflict with the Empire is approaching a terrible climax as well. Widespread rumors tell of a great allied force, bolstered by many brave adventurers, marching to confront the Garlean menace at the Carteneau Flats. However, it is also whispered that the VIIth Legion has fortified its encampments and now lies ready to repel any attack. How events shall ultimately unfold is anything but clear. For now, we can only offer prayers for our fighting men and women.

In truth, our prayers may possess more power than we realize. The sudden appearance of the Twelve’s divine symbols has caused a tremendous stir in recent days. Sharlayan scholars are now asserting that if enough Eorzeans were to entreat the gods at these sites, our combined religious devotion may well move them to act. If these claims are true, then perhaps there is still hope.

This post has lead many to believe that perhaps /pray may be utilized to progress further in our apocolyptic storyline. Follow the development and testing of this theory on the Lodestone official forums here if you are interested.

Until next time!

Re: The End is Nigh - Uriah_Nool - 11-03-2012

I'm glad to see Gridania looks to be the same as it is in 1.0. I was afraid they were going to gut the entire city design and make something new in its place.

Re: The End is Nigh - Sienna - 11-03-2012

There's also leaked video footage (which I won't post, just incase) and the citystate is now called "New Gridania."

I'm curious as to whether OLD Gridania (and the other two) will be visitable in some form.

Re: The End is Nigh - Merri - 11-03-2012

Sienna Wrote:There's also leaked video footage (which I won't post, just incase) and the citystate is now called "New Gridania."

I'm curious as to whether OLD Gridania (and the other two) will be visitable in some form.

There is indeed a zone called "Old Gridania". It's in some of the leaked footage somewhere.

Re: The End is Nigh - Sienna - 11-04-2012

Ah yeah, I saw it shortly after. Looks like the bazaar area. Big Grin

Re: The End is Nigh - Gospel Gestalt - 11-05-2012

I welcome the coming of our new world.

Spoiler: show
[img=center]http://i1103.photobucket.com/albums/g469/DismalElysium/1346639406148.jpg[/img]

Re: The End is Nigh - Eternal Darkness - 11-06-2012

Argh! Why is it not here yet!? The closer the date draws near, the longer the wait seems to get Sad

Re: The End is Nigh - Niteshade_Rune - 11-14-2012

I need to dig around the lodestone and such more, but has there been mention of a confirmed timeframe for our Realm Reborn?

I'll admit, after watching that end of an era trailer cinematic on the lodestone its got me all sorts of anxious to try and find a way to sub this game when its back up. Was such an epic feel to that sequence and makes me wonder what changes have been made to the world.

I'm glad at least I still have in prime condition my Nation certificate as a momento from when the game first launched

*passes drinks around to all while we wait* Chocobo

Re: The End is Nigh - Eternal Darkness - 11-14-2012

Niteshade0 Wrote:I need to dig around the lodestone and such more, but has there been mention of a confirmed timeframe for our Realm Reborn?

I'll admit, after watching that end of an era trailer cinematic on the lodestone its got me all sorts of anxious to try and find a way to sub this game when its back up. Was such an epic feel to that sequence and makes me wonder what changes have been made to the world.

I'm glad at least I still have in prime condition my Nation certificate as a momento from when the game first launched

*passes drinks around to all while we wait* Chocobo

I don't a definite answer to your question, but I do know that a closed beta (or is it alpha?) test will begin for US players in about a week or so, at least that's what I've come to understand. Also, the game will officially launch next year, so we've got at least a month or so of beta testing.

Also, I never received my nation certificate Sad at least I know some people did. I sent away for it... I completely forgot about it though. I wonder if I could call square and ask them about it...

oh yes, also, i've been following the Dev Teams (simplified) road map for my time line for events. If you look, that little orange-peach-ish line in the first week or so of november, i do believe we are there and that next week they will begin the "Reboot Phase." That's speculation, however they have been pretty good about being on time with the schedule they created. Link to roadmap: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://gdl.square-enix.com/ffxiv/download/en/FFXIV_2.0_Roadmap_EN.pdf">http://gdl.square-enix.com/ffxiv/downlo ... map_EN.pdf</a><!-- m -->

Re: The End is Nigh - Moltove - 11-14-2012

They said they will repost one of those official road maps at the end of the year in the LIVE update. They said they're about 2-3 weeks behind due to Alpha server stress tests crashing at 800 people, so that's their current hardware focus. It was also stated release is slated for end of February or beginning of March, most likely in March.

Re: The End is Nigh - Tadir - 11-14-2012

I totally forgot about the nation certificates! I think I did get mine, though I have no idea where it is now.

Re: The End is Nigh - Sienna - 11-14-2012

I got a thermas and some other stuff. I.. Should go find those.

Re: The End is Nigh - Niteshade_Rune - 11-14-2012

I had forgotten about their roadmap that they had set up. Aw if its now officially launching until next year soooo much time to wait it feels like..
but wait. .. if i'm surprised by holiday gift $ that may cover a good 6month or so subbing to the rebirth of the game. This pleases me Cool

And it wouldnt hurt contacting square about the certificate. I'd try at least . I still gotta get a nice simple frame for it so it can be mounted properly, until then I'm keeping it safe and protected.

Re: The End is Nigh - Almil - 11-14-2012

What certificate? I'm so lost [Image: a015.gif]

Re: The End is Nigh - Sienna - 11-14-2012

America got a character "Birth Certificate" thing with the CE. We got the thermas, map, etc. in Europe.