Hydaelyn Role-Players
[Balmung] Starlight Celebration Secret Gift Exchange! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Roleplay Events (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+---- Forum: Chronicled Events (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+---- Thread: [Balmung] Starlight Celebration Secret Gift Exchange! (/showthread.php?tid=14548)

Pages: 1 2

Starlight Celebration Secret Gift Exchange! - RiniKett - 12-09-2015

Starting from now until the 25th of this month at 12 am CST, you can send a small gift to be added to a collection pool that will be distributed Christmas Morning. This is a fun little event to have a chance to give and receive from others in the community and give you something to look forward to in your mailbox.

How it works:
  • Purchase a gift that you would like to donate. The cap is 50,000 gil with no minimum as long as the gift is useful. This can be RP clothes, housing items, pets, etc. Please exclude sending food, potions, or materials please.
  • Only send 1 item.
  • Add me, L'rinhi Kett, to your Friend's List.
  • Mail your item to L'rinhi Kett before 12 am CST of December 25th.
  • Your name and your item will be added to an excel sheet. This will keep up with you and your gift so you don't get your own present.
  • *You may specify what type of gift you would like as far as Rp clothes or housing items. Naturally, housing items won't be of use to those with no housing.*
  • In the wee hours of the morning, Rini will start mailing gifts back to everyone who participated.

If you would like to include a small note to whomever receives your gift you may as long as it doesn't reveal you and is in good taste, maturity required. People may exceed the cap of 50,000 if they wish, but do not expect to get anything that high in return. I can understand if people feel giving this year and it is a nice gesture of you doing so, but someone else might not be as giving.

If you have any questions or comments on how this works feel free to ask and as always have a good one.

RE: Starlight Celebration Secret Gift Exchange! - Aris - 12-09-2015

Do you mind us adding you so we can send the item along? Sadly you can't mail people not on your friends list. Sad

This is a lovely idea!

RE: Starlight Celebration Secret Gift Exchange! - RiniKett - 12-09-2015

(12-09-2015, 04:32 PM)Aris Wrote: Do you mind us adding you so we can send the item along? Sadly you can't mail people not on your friends list. Sad

This is a lovely idea!

That is a very very good point that I always forget and overlook. Yes, you may add me. I will edit the main post to accompany this.

RE: Starlight Celebration Secret Gift Exchange! - Jancis - 12-09-2015

This is a very sweet idea and also a lot of work!

Another note on mailing, the inbox is limited to how many it'll have unopened and that amount is even smaller for letters that have attachments. ((I don't know the exact amount; I just remember it happening before))

Is there maybe a "drop off" availability for people to stop by and participate if they have similar game times to not clog up the works?

RE: Starlight Celebration Secret Gift Exchange! - RiniKett - 12-09-2015

I'm pick them out and keeping track of who gave what. I cleaned out my mail so i am completely open. The trick is catching me on. Alternatively, you can stop by our FC house and see if anyone will take it, but make sure they write your name down or you contact me through the RPC on which gift is yours. This isn't a Wayfarer's project it's a Rini one so my FC might be oblivious to what the item is for.

RE: Starlight Celebration Secret Gift Exchange! - Accendie - 12-10-2015

What times are you usually on?

RE: Starlight Celebration Secret Gift Exchange! - RiniKett - 12-11-2015

I apologize, last night I was occupied IRL. I will be on tonight(Friday) for most of the evening, 5:45-10:00 pm CST most likely. If you are having trouble getting hold of me please send me a PM here and let me know what times are good for you.

Several people have already signed up so don't miss your chance! I will be on most of the weekend and I have plenty of friend spots.

Notice: In the occasion that something does drag my attention from the game I will make it a point to be there every hour on the hour for at least 5-10 mins. This means if you search me and I am afk at 6:43 that I will be sure to be back at 7 to accept your request. I hope to be on all night, but in the case that something happens I want to keep this a standard.

I should also be on most of the day Saturday : )

RE: Starlight Celebration Secret Gift Exchange! - RiniKett - 12-11-2015

Got home a bit late but I am on!

RE: Starlight Celebration Secret Gift Exchange! - RiniKett - 12-14-2015

I was sick most of the weekend, but I will be on tonight for anyone that still needs to add me. Come one, come all!

RE: Starlight Celebration Secret Gift Exchange! - Lady Whiteraven - 12-14-2015

This is utterly fantastic! I'll be sending you something as soon as I log on next. No need to add Benedict to the list though. He would never be able to do something like this IC, but I love the idea so much I'd like to support it.

RE: Starlight Celebration Secret Gift Exchange! - RiniKett - 12-14-2015

(12-14-2015, 04:34 PM)Benedict Whiteraven Wrote: This is utterly fantastic! I'll be sending you something as soon as I log on next. No need to add Benedict to the list though. He would never be able to do something like this IC, but I love the idea so much I'd like to support it.

If you send something you get something back, even if it's OOCly. : )

RE: Starlight Celebration Secret Gift Exchange! - RiniKett - 12-18-2015

Just a friendly reminder that this is still here. Anyone wanting to participate only needs to catch me online! I will be on almost all day Sunday so keep an eye out for me. I will also be on late tonight.The will also be an event to go along side this one so stay tuned.

RE: Starlight Celebration Secret Gift Exchange! - Accendie - 12-19-2015

Can always try cross posting this to Tumblr if you want.

RE: Starlight Celebration Secret Gift Exchange! - RiniKett - 12-20-2015

I will be on most of the day today. Still some time left for this!

RE: Starlight Celebration Secret Gift Exchange! - Roe Dad - 12-21-2015

*puts together an item to mail.*