Hydaelyn Role-Players
[Balmung] A Voidhunter Who Takes Memories... Looking For Contacts! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Making Connections (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Thread: [Balmung] A Voidhunter Who Takes Memories... Looking For Contacts! (/showthread.php?tid=14660)

[Balmung] A Voidhunter Who Takes Memories... Looking For Contacts! - AeolianMode - 12-18-2015

[Image: 295px-Vigilant.png]
(my art)

This is Khy! The anorexic voidhunter. And he needs plots!

I've been sort of off-and-on with FFXIV RP lately, but I'm hoping to be more active, and I'm hoping to find some folks who may like to meet Khyran and plot with him. I made a post about him waaaay back in the day when I first joined the server, so I figured I'd make a new thread now that he's more established as a character. 

He has an extensive wiki.

My preferences, in brief:

I really like plots. I don't really like "small-talk" very much (or rather, my character doesn't), so I'm much more interested in seeing what sorts of conflicts or difficulties our characters could tackle together. Or... perhaps our characters could even be enemies? That'd be even cooler.

I don't do a lot of "tavern crawling" or standing around and talking. Khyran prefers to keep his mind focused on tasks and he stays busy. 

I enjoy a broad range of styles. I adapt to yours. If you give me short posts, I'll adapt to your brisk style- if you give me paragraphs, I'll give you paragraphs.  My default writing style is multi-paragraph but with relevant information. I try to give my writing "punch" rather than lingering on descriptive details. 

I don't mind "dark" or "adult" oriented content but only if it feels appropriate for the situation. There's a lot of RP floating around on the server that feels "adult" in the way a prepubescent highschooler would giggle about sex. If I write about "adult" themes, I try to do so in a respectful, realistic way.

A few points that may interest someone:

1. WEIRD MAGIC. He has the power to spiritbond with other people. He can view their memories and convert them to materia, taking them out of their heads. He could be either an antagonist in a plot, or a protagonist willing to assist a character to overcome their personal "demons".

2. HE KILLS VOIDLIES. He's a voidhunter, and pretty good at it, too. If your character has a Voidsent problem, he might be the one to call. He could help a character overcome their literal "demons", too.

3. FRIENDSHIP IS MAGIC. He's ... really sad and lonely and could use a buddy. But it's also hard to be Khy's buddy. He's the human equivalent of a toothache. He's so depressing. Good luck. 

There's lots more on my wiki if anyone's willing to dig around and see if anything sticks as a plot! If you have trouble, but want to RP, lemme know! I wanna hear about your character too ;3;

RE: [Balmung] A Voidhunter Who Takes Memories... Looking For Contacts! - Bishido - 12-20-2015

I'm new to the forums, so I hope I'm going about this the right way!

I'm still in the process of reading through all of the information on Khy's wiki, but I have definitely read through your OOC section and I'm relieved to have found a like-minded RPer! I'd love to take some time when we're both available to talk about potential RP! I'm very story-driven myself and though I prefer RPing on Skype, would also be willing to try and catch you in-game if you'd prefer.

My character's wiki is still a work in progres, but you're welcome to browse what little there is to see there: The Reaper

Happy writing!

RE: [Balmung] A Voidhunter Who Takes Memories... Looking For Contacts! - AeolianMode - 12-20-2015

Hey! Thanks for posting! I'm glad you like Khy! You don't have to worry about reading everything on his wiki, haha (there's a lot there). I'd loved to plot with you soon! I'm usually in-game around 6-12 PM EST on weekdays and sporadically on weekends. ^^ Otherwise definitely feel free to add me on skype!

RE: [Balmung] A Voidhunter Who Takes Memories... Looking For Contacts! - Virella - 12-20-2015

I should, really, really, really catch you someday on Virella again x_X

Once I can get her out in public again, I will make sure to poke you someday!

RE: [Balmung] A Voidhunter Who Takes Memories... Looking For Contacts! - Melkire - 12-20-2015

I have a character who has a problem in the form of another of my characters who's allied with someone else's character and all three of them have a problem with a third person's character who probably qualifies as a voidsent by this point in time. All three (or more, depending on where in the story arc we are at any given time) of us would probably love to interact with Khyran at some point. I know I would.

Gonna send you a PM!

RE: [Balmung] A Voidhunter Who Takes Memories... Looking For Contacts! - Val - 12-20-2015

Psst we still need to finish up other RP :v

RE: [Balmung] A Voidhunter Who Takes Memories... Looking For Contacts! - Reiner Dorn - 12-20-2015

Same, need to continue

RE: [Balmung] A Voidhunter Who Takes Memories... Looking For Contacts! - AeolianMode - 12-20-2015

(12-20-2015, 04:14 PM)Melkire Wrote: I have a character who has a problem in the form of another of my characters who's allied with someone else's character and all three of them have a problem with a third person's character who probably qualifies as a voidsent by this point in time. All three (or more, depending on where in the story arc we are at any given time) of us would probably love to interact with Khyran at some point. I know I would.

Gonna send you a PM!
Awesome! Looking forward to it.
(12-20-2015, 04:33 PM)Val Wrote: Psst we still need to finish up other RP :v
Ahhh I'm sorry! Yes, let's.
(12-20-2015, 08:06 PM)Reiner Dorn Wrote: Same, need to continue
Again, I'm sorry for dropping off the face of the earth! My health got bad earlier, but I'm coming back now and I wasn't sure who all would still be interested in continuing and who wasn't. Let em know on skype if you want to directly continue or start over from the beginning, or meet me in-game. Either way, I should be around now ^^

RE: [Balmung] A Voidhunter Who Takes Memories... Looking For Contacts! - Star Lin - 12-21-2015

Yes, yes, I had a blast with that bit of FC plot that you came in to help with.  Don't know if Titor has gotten back to you on when to start working on Nerva but we need to meet up again, if only for John to explain why and how he is going the route of a mind healer.  And he very worried for Khyran, especially with the replace leg he has now and wants to be there for him.

But I won't be on John tonight, planning to do some RP with Kestlona and Red Wings...*sigh* if I get lucky enough to be on when they are.

RE: [Balmung] A Voidhunter Who Takes Memories... Looking For Contacts! - Sig - 12-21-2015

Khyran is one of my all-time favorite characters and is RP'ed by an amazing writer (and person).  If you're looking for innovative, thought-provoking plot-driven RP, it's difficult to find a better RP partner.  

...Let's keep pushing our delicious plots, Khy, <3.

RE: [Balmung] A Voidhunter Who Takes Memories... Looking For Contacts! - Ekidna - 12-31-2015

Voidhunter? That would definately be a worthy reason for Mel' to meet him and try to seek his knowledge on the matter.

Do not hesitate to add me if you see me online = )

RE: [Balmung] A Voidhunter Who Takes Memories... Looking For Contacts! - lumikou - 01-01-2016

Oh seia would just adore having some more fellow void hunter to compare notes and share information with. So I feel free to send me a tell in game on seia sohana Big Grin

RE: [Balmung] A Voidhunter Who Takes Memories... Looking For Contacts! - Arabel - 01-09-2016

Hi Khy,

I believe there's a serious curse that would interest your character (if you're still looking for contacts). 

I'm mostly playing weekends and odd evenings/afternoons, UTC +1. Perhaps we can meet up?