Hydaelyn Role-Players
Has the Garlean Empire taken the life of someone dear to you? I may have killed them. - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Making Connections (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Thread: Has the Garlean Empire taken the life of someone dear to you? I may have killed them. (/showthread.php?tid=14666)

Has the Garlean Empire taken the life of someone dear to you? I may have killed them. - Valen - 12-20-2015

I guess this needs more explaining. If you want the long story, you can read my character's wiki. The TL;DR is that my character was an agent for Garlemald in the eight years leading up to the Calamity. During that time he had been sent to kill a lot of people. Now he wants to make up for those deaths the best he can by apologizing and giving closure to the family members and loved ones of those he's killed.

If anyone is interested in this, please feel free to either let me know in this thread, or just send me a PM, and we can go over it from there. Also, if I happen to be on, you can send a /tell in-game to Valen Stalhart.

I'm pretty flexible with time at the moment, so I can likely RP with most timezones, but I guess it is worth bearing in mind that I am on the East Coast.

I hope some of you find this interesting, and I look forward to speaking and RPing with all those who want to take part in this.

RE: Has the Garlean Empire taken the life of someone dear to you? I may have killed them. - LiadansWhisper - 12-20-2015

Yes, but...Liadan most likely killed all the people involved in that.

Most likely.

Always the possibility someone got away. ^_^

RE: Has the Garlean Empire taken the life of someone dear to you? I may have killed them. - Valen - 12-20-2015

(12-20-2015, 01:27 AM)LiadansWhisper Wrote: Yes, but...Liadan most likely killed all the people involved in that.

Most likely.

Always the possibility someone got away.  ^_^
Well, I think there's a possibility he could've been involved in some way. About when would this have happened?

RE: Has the Garlean Empire taken the life of someone dear to you? I may have killed them. - PSDuckie - 12-20-2015

Yes.  Tyll'a's sister fell at Carteneau. If it turns out that your character slew her killer, then that would make for some excellent RP sometime.

RE: Has the Garlean Empire taken the life of someone dear to you? I may have killed them. - LiadansWhisper - 12-20-2015

(12-20-2015, 01:53 AM)Valen Wrote:
(12-20-2015, 01:27 AM)LiadansWhisper Wrote: Yes, but...Liadan most likely killed all the people involved in that.

Most likely.

Always the possibility someone got away.  ^_^
Well, I think there's a possibility he could've been involved in some way. About when would this have happened?

A few months before the Calamity.

RE: Has the Garlean Empire taken the life of someone dear to you? I may have killed them. - Valen - 12-20-2015

(12-20-2015, 01:54 AM)PSDuckie Wrote: Yes.  Tyll'a's sister fell at Carteneau.  If it turns out that your character slew her killer, then that would make for some excellent RP sometime.
I really wish there was a way for this to have worked out, but Valen defected right before the battle of Carteneau. :/

Feel free to PM me more information, though. Maybe I can work something out with it.

RE: Has the Garlean Empire taken the life of someone dear to you? I may have killed them. - PSDuckie - 12-20-2015

(12-20-2015, 02:12 AM)Valen Wrote:
(12-20-2015, 01:54 AM)PSDuckie Wrote: Yes.  Tyll'a's sister fell at Carteneau.  If it turns out that your character slew her killer, then that would make for some excellent RP sometime.
I really wish there was a way for this to have worked out, but Valen defected right before the battle of Carteneau. :/

Feel free to PM me more information, though. Maybe I can work something out with it.
This was a part of Tyll'a's backstory that I haven't really fleshed out all that much.  I'll have to get working on that!

RE: Has the Garlean Empire taken the life of someone dear to you? I may have killed them. - Star Lin - 12-21-2015

Hm...would he have been at the battle that was first fought to stop the device that was trying to bring down the red moon.  John's sister's companions lost one of there first members to that battle.  A Lallfell by the name of Micky.  John's sister was killed at Carteneau but if he was at the other fight, before the White Raven quest then we could set up a meeting between John and Valen (since John was friends with all of the members of his sister's group).

RE: Has the Garlean Empire taken the life of someone dear to you? I may have killed them. - Diskwrite - 12-22-2015

There were Garlean agents after Ojene for a long time- obviously they didn't succeed... but I think this would be a very interesting avenue to explore IC. I've got some information about her on her Wiki- let me know if you're interested.

RE: Has the Garlean Empire taken the life of someone dear to you? I may have killed them. - Cato - 12-22-2015

It isn't what you're looking for primarily but I figure it's worth throwing it out there anyway. I play Graeham as viewing Garlean defectors with quite a bit of disdain since he sees them as cowards who turn their backs upon their former nation/allies in favour of fighting for a different side. Usually they justify this by suddenly developing a conscience or an urge to 'do what's right' - but those that pass on vital information generally just end up getting innocent people killed. 

Say, for example a Garlean soldier decides to inform a band of Ala Mhigan Resistance fighters of a weak spot in a Garlean outpost. They'll exploit it, right? Yet Eorzeans aren't necessarily the 'good guys' - let alone zealous 'resistance fighters' with a grudge. Those Garlean soldiers have families - and there's civilians (both conscripted fighters/non-combatants) who inevitably end up getting killed whenever there's an assault on such a base.

So in Graeham's eyes the only good defector is one that highlights the hypocrisy of both sides in the conflict between Garlemald and Eorzea and doesn't necessarily side with either.

If you feel like it'd make for some intriguing role-play then I'd love to interact with you at some point!