Hydaelyn Role-Players
The Golden Gala! [Art Raffle Winners Chosen!] - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Roleplay Events (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+---- Forum: Chronicled Events (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+---- Thread: The Golden Gala! [Art Raffle Winners Chosen!] (/showthread.php?tid=14683)

Pages: 1 2

The Golden Gala! [Art Raffle Winners Chosen!] - Jaliqai - 12-22-2015

[Image: 275d96ebb2.png]

Gold & Glory Hunter’s Guild wishes to extend an open invitation to all to attend one last Starlight get-together, the first annual Golden Gala! Please join us for a night of socializing, great food, seasonal spirits, and a gift exchange game where you could be naughty and still come out with something nice!

After the Gala’s conclusion, join us on our journey back to the Bountiful Chest tavern where we will be evening out all that class with equal parts sass! We’ll be serving up full size portions of the drinks sampled earlier in the evening, and keeping the good fun going well into the night with drinking games and whatever other sorts of trouble we can think to get into!

[Image: 6ca4fcd8c3.png]

WHEN & WHERE

[ date ] December 30th, 2015 -- Wednesday

[ gala start time ] 8PM EDT / 7PM CDT / 5PM PDT

[ white oliphant start time ] 9PM EDT / 8PM CDT / 6PM PDT

[ location ] Ul'dah, the Steps of Thal, the Gold Court.

FOOD & DRINK

As the Golden Gala begins, waiters and waitresses – PC and NPC alike – will be making their way through the crowd with trays filled with bite-sized samples of the fine fare you can normally find at the Bountiful Chest Tavern. Alongside each dish is a seasonal spirit meant to complement!

The foods and drinks currently being served will be periodically /yelled. If you love gratuitous, delicious descriptions of foods that will absolutely make your mouth water, you’ll love this!

WHITE OLIPHANT GIFT EXCHANGE

The main event of the Gala will be our gift exchange – a game of White Oliphant! If you’ve ever played the gift-stealing game of White Elephant (or Dirty Santa!) in real life, you’ll be familiar with the concept! We’ve just tweaked it a little bit to make things flow better in RP!

A few notes about participating in White Oliphant:

> > > THE RULES & HOW-TO-PLAY ARE ON OUR WEBSITE
You can find this information HERE. Please check these out prior to event time if you're planning on playing so that you know how the game works! If you take too long and hold things up unduly at the event, we might just have to skip your turn!

> > > YOU MUST SIGN UP PRIOR TO THE EVENT TO PARTICIPATE
This is so we have enough gifts prepared ahead of time. If you wish to participate, please post here on this thread, send an ask to our tumblr, or send Jaliqai Qulaan a /tell in game with your in-game name.

The sign up window closes on Sunday December 27th, 2015 at 11:59PM EDT / 10:59PM CDT / 8:59PM PDT. The only exception will be in the off chance we have too many last-minute no shows or drop outs.

NOTE! If you're wanting to sign up for the White Oliphant game, please be sure to say so when you post AND give me the in-game name of the character that you'll be attending on!

> > > ENTRY IS FREE & SPOTS ARE UNLIMITED (?)
That means anyone can sign up, and – at least for now – sign ups aren’t capped! If we do have to cap them, I’ll give 24 hour notice before shutting down sign ups prematurely!

> > > WE'RE GIVING AWAY REAL, IN-GAME PRIZES!
In fact, our Grand Prize is going to be a Wind-Up Ifrit Minion! We’ll have several other minions, glamour pieces, dyes, and such worth anywhere from a few ten-to-hundred-thousand gil a piece as our main prizes. However, we’ll also have a number of (hopefully hilarious!) gag gifts. Hope you have a sense of humor!

Once the sign-ups close, we’ll post up a list of all the Gift Boxes’ descriptions on the RPC thread, our Tumblr, and our Starlight event page on our website. This description might clue you in somehow as to the contents – or it might mislead you entirely! Choose wisely!

WHITE OLIPHANT PARTICIPANTS

Klarimel Surtsthalsyn
Akay'a Zhwan
Eirian Branwen
K'heyo Tia
Khyros Oroban
Aeron Volkova
Fujimoto Kaito
Skar Blackthorn
Sayina Kha
Sannan Irvick
Y'dyalani Kyar
Qadan Hotgo
Odette Saoirse
Vhas'ya Bitterbane
Gwyn Traehern
Khivva Nhys
Lydix Notki
Leanne Delphium
Steel Wolf
Aedan Steelweaver
Taka Raha
Serese Gahya

RETURN TO THE BOUNTIFUL CHEST

After the completion of White Oliphant and the handing out of prizes, the Gold & Glory crew will be packing up and heading back home – and you’re welcomed to join us! We’ll be serving up full-sized portions of the drinks and dishes you sampled at the Gala, and just letting loose from all the pomp!

This is meant to be a more casual “event” after the Gala itself. We don’t have anything strictly planned, besides some drinking games, maybe giving away some IC prizes (Free drinks at the Chest for a whole moon! Or maybe a whole year!), and just winding down from the chaos of a massive event.

Keep in mind that our house is only a Small House, so if it gets too crowded, you’re free to lounge about the yard or use any of our public FC rooms as an RPing space (denoted as [PUBLIC] in the room description).

EVENT DISCLAIMERS

The Golden Gala is meant to be a fun, casual RP event. That said, we respectfully ask that if you are attending, please refrain from introducing any major sources of IC drama / conflict / chaos – such as combat, crime, and anything that generally leans disruptive – during the Gala proper.

We know we can’t make you not do these things, but gosh, we sure would think you’re one swell person if you didn’t!

Also, this is Gold & Glory’s first public RP event. As such, there might be rough patches and awkward spots. We would really appreciate your patience and understanding of this as we try our hardest to bring everyone an entertaining event!

RE: The Golden Gala! [12/30 (WED) @ 8PM EASTERN / 5PM PACIFIC] - Jaliqai - 12-22-2015

That moment when you realize you copy-pasted an old version of your White Oliphant rules. Whoops.

The rules previously stated (incorrectly) that opting to go 'Nice' and select a gift from under the tree, you would randomly be assigned a gift via a random roll. Though it would be quicker and less messy this way, undoubtedly.. what's the fun in that?

People will be able to pick which gift they want from under the tree. Just please take less than 5 minutes to come up when called, declare if you're choosing 'Nice' or 'Naughty', and what present you're going to pick or steal! We have more event to get to after White Oliphant!

RE: The Golden Gala! [12/30 (WED) @ 8PM EASTERN / 5PM PACIFIC] - Jaliqai - 12-22-2015

Forgot to add the participant list to the thread last night too! (I shouldn't post event threads late at night when I'm tired obviously!)

Also, a related note that you don't have to sign up to attend the Gala! But you do have to sign up to play White Oliphant -- and those sign ups are open! Just drop a post here with your in game name. c:

RE: The Golden Gala! [12/30 (WED) @ 8PM EASTERN / 5PM PACIFIC] - Oroban - 12-22-2015

White Oliphant yasssss. <3

RE: The Golden Gala! [12/30 (WED) @ 8PM EASTERN / 5PM PACIFIC] - Sylastair - 12-22-2015

This sounds awesome! I can't wait!

RE: The Golden Gala! [12/30 (WED) @ 8PM EASTERN / 5PM PACIFIC] - Nirri - 12-22-2015

Heck yeah I'll be there!

RE: The Golden Gala! [12/30 (WED) @ 8PM EASTERN / 5PM PACIFIC] - Ryssmyna - 12-22-2015

Whoops forgot I hadn't signed up for the forums until now

Just popping in to say that we at HUNT are incredibly excited to host this event and we hope every one is just as excited to attend! The IC stuff will be just as extravagant as the OOC stuff, including detailed menus, posters, and even neat little tickets that might earn you something much nicer than coal if you hang on to it!

Stay tuned to learn even more, but you're definitely not going to want to miss this!

RE: The Golden Gala! [12/30 (WED) @ 8PM EASTERN / 5PM PACIFIC] - Sig - 12-22-2015

This looks like an exceptionally well-thought out and planned event.  I'm not sure if real life will permit me to attend yet, but I hope to be able to make it!

RE: The Golden Gala! [12/30 (WED) @ 8PM EASTERN / 5PM PACIFIC] - Accendie - 12-22-2015

I'm hoping to be there and drag as many of my friends as possible but i'm on vacation so depends on IRL stuff.

@ Khyros and Aeron : Got you guys signed up!

@ Everyone Else! : Thanks for the compliments and for your interest! I'm looking forward to seeing you guys there! :D

Also, a note!

If you are signing up for playing White Oliphant at the event, please say so AND give me your in-game name!

Otherwise I can only assume that you're just attending and not interested in the game, and I'll miss your sign up!
(And it saves me from having to guess which alt you're going to be participating on!)

RE: The Golden Gala! [12/30 (WED) @ 8PM EASTERN / 5PM PACIFIC] - Jaliqai - 12-25-2015

Just dropping a quick bump to say we've got..

Three days left for White Oliphant sign-ups!

Sign-ups close promptly on Sunday December 27th, 2015 at 11:59PM EDT / 10:59PM CDT / 8:59PM PDT.

Signing up is FREE, as SIMPLE as a post or PM here saying 'Hey, sign me up for White Oliphant!', and you could go home with a REALLY NICE PRIZE, like a Wind Up Ifrit minion or something else pricey and neat!

So if you're interested, don't put it off until it's too late!
Post here or PM me with your in-game name and a request to sign up!

RE: The Golden Gala! [12/30 (WED) @ 8PM EASTERN / 5PM PACIFIC] - Jaliqai - 12-26-2015

List updated with new sign-ups.

Less than 48 hours left to sign up!

Even if you're not certain that you can make it to the Gala, but you'd like to participate in the chance that you do make it, go ahead and sign up! We can easily over-prepare, with no problems!

RE: The Golden Gala! [12/30 (WED) @ 8PM EASTERN / 5PM PACIFIC] - Jaliqai - 12-27-2015

Twelve hours left to sign up!

Now is your last chance if you're at all interested in participating!

RE: The Golden Gala! [12/30 (WED) @ 8PM EASTERN / 5PM PACIFIC] - Khivva - 12-27-2015

D: I want in!!

RE: The Golden Gala! [12/30 (WED) @ 8PM EASTERN / 5PM PACIFIC] - Jaliqai - 12-27-2015

(12-27-2015, 02:36 PM)Khivva Wrote: D: I want in!!

I gotchu, Khibbles!