Hydaelyn Role-Players
Kaoru's Art [Updated May 20th 2013] - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Artisan House (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Kaoru's Art [Updated May 20th 2013] (/showthread.php?tid=1473)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Kaoru's Art [Updated May 20th 2013] - E'irawen - 11-12-2012

I listed it below as well, but I want to make sure everyone is aware, in case there are any who aren't already: Recently I took up emergency paid commissions. I didn't expect the turnout that I got- I expected just to get 3-4 pictures and that was it. But I got a LOT more. Because paid commissions take priority over freebies and art trades, please be advised that all of the below projects are on hold until I finish all of the paid commissions in this thread. I appreciate your cooperation.

April 3rd, 2013: I cleansed out a good bit of the waiting list. I'm still happy to add people to it, but I request that you re-request.

Freebies:  I am still taking freebies/requests, but please be advised that they may take a long time to get done and are second priority to paid commissions. They are also not first-come-first-serve, as I switch between projects often to keep myself from getting too stale or bored with one image. This helps alleviate errors and things in the picture. =]

=========================================

I just wanted to post some arts here. I'll probably keep it all FFXIV related, since I'm sure most of my other stuff isn't of interest here. [ If you want to see it, though, check out my deviantArt! ]

I'd be more than happy to draw your characters, but I have a few things to note:

- I will do them free, as I really need more practice, but please keep in mind that sometimes I get busy, and sometimes my mood gets a bit...fickle. I won't get into details! But the point is, it might take a while before the picture is done.
- Sizes will vary. Some will be head shots, some busts, some full.
- I draw in the style you see above. Anime..thingy.
- I draw girls and girly-guys better than manly men. But, like I said, I need to practice. I'll do my best on them!
- Please provide as much detail as you can about your character in the form of pictures or text. I don't mind either. ;;
- If you have any specific gear from the game in mind, let me know. =D I can draw it on them.*
- Please keep in mind that paid commissions take priority/will get done before freebies.
- Please also keep in mind that these are not done in any specific order. Just cause your name is up there first, doesn't mean yours is done first. I go between projects to keep things fresh.

* I will probably never draw the WAR AF, PLD AF, or DRG AF unless it is a paid commission.

Thank you!

Completed Freebies

K'aworu, Tambourine Master
I uh. Don't judge me.
Dancer Aysun!
K'AWORU IS A MAN. 
Nahu Commission 
Blade Belisaire 
Paradyme Capellago
Cole Vhenka
K'aworu ; Style practice
Selene Artemis (Added April 11th, 2013)
Niamh (InsertLastNameHere) (WIP; Added April 11th 2013)

Waiting Line Thingy (My own personal reminders. I entertain myself here. Don't mind me.)

If it's italicized this means I've started it to some degree.

- Xenedra (Trade)
- Gerik (Marriage Proposal)
- Tyonis
- Yssen (Exchange for his soul)
- Aysun (First born)
- Rhashi (Bribed me with love)
- Mtoto (Art Trade)
- Endricane (Sexual Favors)
- Deirdre (Art Trade)
- Nanami

Re: Liddell's Artsy Stoof [I take requests!] - Kerr - 11-12-2012

Omgawd. It's so pretty!! I'll definitely want one for Kerr eventually. Please keep me in mind for later. I can't wait to see more! I'm so jealous of you artists. I have no talent there. ;_;

::runs off to devour wiki::

Re: Liddell's Artsy Stoof [I take requests!] - Gerik - 11-12-2012

/sprinkles flowers on Kerr and E'iri.

Re: Liddell's Artsy Stoof [I take requests!] - Almil - 11-12-2012

I love that picture, though I was sure it was girl before I read the text *giggle*
But yay for girly guys! (wish we had more of them in Finland)

I would love it if you have the time and felt inspired to draw my character...
Some pics of her HERE.
She's quite pale and doesn't really use any make-up so her dark eyes kinda pop out.
I really like the beauty spot under her right eye so it should be included *nodnod* The scar on her forehead is optional.
Her hair it short and white, I often call her cotton ball, it should be little longer from the front (almost down to her eyebrows) but otherwise it would be almost as seen in those in-game pics.
Her tail is long, light-grey with white tip. (It's fun to watch her run in-game, the tail is hypnotizing with the white tip that glows in the dark)
Her clothes would usually be black and she often has fang-earrings but no other jewelry.
And if you want to add some personality you can draw her shy or nervous, though she has other sides too. She likes both males and females.

Damn now I feel like drawing too [Image: k035.gif]

Re: Liddell's Artsy Stoof [I take requests!] - Aysun - 11-12-2012

Prepare to be requested to DEATH. I'll bother you eventually too.. But I'll force you to take gil or something as payment. xD

That picture is awesome. Really good job. Big Grin Heee~

Re: Liddell's Artsy Stoof [I take requests!] - Eva - 11-12-2012

Quote:Prepare to be requested to DEATH. I'll bother you eventually too.. But I'll force you to take gil or something as payment. xD

That picture is awesome. Really good job. Heee~

This. Exactly. On every point. I'm sure I'll bug you at some point too if you're still open to it after all the other requests you're gonna get. Big Grin

Re: Liddell's Artsy Stoof [I take requests!] - E'irawen - 11-12-2012

Almil Milei Wrote:I love that picture, though I was sure it was girl before I read the text *giggle*
But yay for girly guys! (wish we had more of them in Finland)

I would love it if you have the time and felt inspired to draw my character...
Some pics of her HERE.
She's quite pale and doesn't really use any make-up so her dark eyes kinda pop out.
I really like the beauty spot under her right eye so it should be included *nodnod* The scar on her forehead is optional.
Her hair it short and white, I often call her cotton ball, it should be little longer from the front (almost down to her eyebrows) but otherwise it would be almost as seen in those in-game pics.
Her tail is long, light-grey with white tip. (It's fun to watch her run in-game, the tail is hypnotizing with the white tip that glows in the dark)
Her clothes would usually be black and she often has fang-earrings but no other jewelry.
And if you want to add some personality you can draw her shy or nervous, though she has other sides too. She likes both males and females.

Damn now I feel like drawing too [Image: k035.gif]

She's adorable~ Do you want me to draw her in the same gear as the screenshots?

Aysun Wrote:Prepare to be requested to DEATH. I'll bother you eventually too.. But I'll force you to take gil or something as payment. xD

That picture is awesome. Really good job. Big Grin Heee~

Thank you! And this is a good thing. xD I love taking requests from people! As for gil; hnnngh. I'm terrible at accepting payments/gifts/etc. ;o; GUNNA HAVE TO CATCH ME FIRST.

Re: Liddell's Artsy Stoof [I take requests!] - Blade - 11-13-2012

Given that I want this pic to be of 1.0 Blade, this description is kinda meant to encompass him for the majority of his time in 1.0. So I'd like him to look a little bit more upbeat than how he ended.

Depending on if you want to do full-body or not, either way works for me. I'll be happy with anything.

As I noted (or its been told to me) Blade kinda has a 'pretty boy' appearance. He should not look frail but looks reasonably sharp and well kept. He also has youth on his side so he hasn't really grown into a 'rough' appearance. He's around 20, approaching 21.

In terms of expression he probably has a bit of a cocky smile. He was kinda brash, a little charming, and awkward around women. So I guess your typical cocky anime guy grin.

This shot is... kind of a joke shot. But it actually shows his face kinda well. For the pic, I'd rather he not wear his WAR AF helmet. His face looks like this (although, less insane than shown here)

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.gwcdn.com/albums/images/50949f5f2e0efc5581bd0888.jpg">http://www.gwcdn.com/albums/images/5094 ... bd0888.jpg</a><!-- m -->

He has blue eyes. Please note that, similarly to Gospel, he has a bang that comes down in front of his face a bit, but only on *his* right now (in the image, it is on *your* left)

If you want to go for a full body shot, he'd be wearing the Warrior AF. A picture of that for reference here. In terms of his overall bulk, Blade isn't really a /bulky/ guy persay. He's definitely strong, but he's more of a toned guy versus omgwtf bulky. The armor though would add a lot of bulk to him.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://i.imgur.com/11c1W.jpg">http://i.imgur.com/11c1W.jpg</a><!-- m -->

He's tall for a Midlander, and would probably be holding his axe, blade end behind him with the uhhh hilt on his shoulder. The axe would look like this one:

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://mooglebox.com/entries/storm-lieutenant's-labrys.php">http://mooglebox.com/entries/storm-lieu ... labrys.php</a><!-- m -->

If you have any questionnnnnnnnnnssss lemme know ^^

Re: Liddell's Artsy Stoof [I take requests!] - Almil - 11-13-2012

Liddell Wrote:
Almil Milei Wrote:I would love it if you have the time and felt inspired to draw my character...
Some pics of her HERE.

She's adorable~ Do you want me to draw her in the same gear as the screenshots?
I don't care what kinda clothes she has, but they are usually black or dark. Maybe a vest.

Those screenshots were taken in her underwear just because I needed to see her whole body.
I made miniature Almil out of clay ^^ (though its not good enough and I need to try again)

Re: Liddell's Artsy Stoof [I take requests!] - Moltove - 11-13-2012

If you're looking for a challenge, I have one for you. I don't want to have Molt be too feminine, but I do enjoy seeing different art styles of what I think encompass him. But that would be the first challenge. The second would be setting up a few scenes I think. Perhaps one of him and his mother when the Garlean's invaded their village, or some kind of...what's the word? I guess a dedication to him, his ex wife and daughter, with him in the foreground and the two in the back, the child looking back and reaching out.

I dunno, but I have some ideas, and would be willing to pay you back somehow in ARR if you were interested! Men in anime are often feminine anyways, considering the lack of certain bone structures in the face and stance of the body. Most men in anime are tall and lanky, so no defining, masculine muscle structures. You of course have a step above anime, and I have to say I am smitten by your style, so add me to the list!

Re: Liddell's Artsy Stoof [I take requests!] - Kerr - 11-13-2012

I think I'm on an art high right now. Everyone is so impressive! Kerr is definitely on the waiting list for you, Liddel! Just let me know when you have some free time/inspiration!

Re: Liddell's Artsy Stoof [I take requests!] - E'irawen - 11-16-2012

I just updated the main post with a few completed sketches (since this has been posted), plus a waiting list. =D

Re: Liddell's Artsy Stoof [I take requests!] - E'irawen - 11-16-2012

Moltove Wrote:If you're looking for a challenge, I have one for you. I don't want to have Molt be too feminine, but I do enjoy seeing different art styles of what I think encompass him. But that would be the first challenge. The second would be setting up a few scenes I think. Perhaps one of him and his mother when the Garlean's invaded their village, or some kind of...what's the word? I guess a dedication to him, his ex wife and daughter, with him in the foreground and the two in the back, the child looking back and reaching out.

I dunno, but I have some ideas, and would be willing to pay you back somehow in ARR if you were interested! Men in anime are often feminine anyways, considering the lack of certain bone structures in the face and stance of the body. Most men in anime are tall and lanky, so no defining, masculine muscle structures. You of course have a step above anime, and I have to say I am smitten by your style, so add me to the list!

I'd be happy to try out anything you're interested in. I do want to inform that I am not terribly good at backdrops/scenery, though. ^^;

Re: Liddell's Artsy Stoof [I take requests!] - Kerr - 11-16-2012

Aww. I didn't make the list? Sadness.

Re: Liddell's Artsy Stoof [I take requests!] - Eva - 11-16-2012

May I also join the waiting list? :whm:

EDIT: I can try to think up a situation/pose later on, or you could maybe depict her at the campfire with her teakettle like in our forum RP thread. That would be kind of awesome! Smile
My WIKI PAGE is somewhat incomplete and out of date, however her appearance is explained and there are some screenshots and a couple other artists' renderings.