Hydaelyn Role-Players
Hey there, - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Hey there, (/showthread.php?tid=14744)

Hey there, - Arithease - 12-28-2015

Hey, 

So I am an experienced roleplayer, however I have just started playing FF, got it a few days ago. I realized the two main roleplay servers are consistently full. I am writing this after an unsuccessful all-nighter. I pressed refresh every 3 minutes and neither opened. So my question is, are there any other servers for RP? I will still try to get into the other's, but I would like to begin actually playing the game, and am trying to not get to develop a character that I will have to abandon once I manage to find the servers open.

RE: Hey there, - Devereau - 12-28-2015

Hey,

I know it's all a huge pain. It's suffering that everyone who wants to come over tends to go through. SE could probably use some better solutions to the issue, but there are a few options. Not the most pleasant, but:

1. You could make a character on another server, and transfer over Balmung for $18 USD. Bit of a price tag, and the character has to be 72 hours old before it is eligible for transfer, HOWEVER, the cost will allow you to move EVERY character up to 8 on a single server for that one cost. Best to make all the alts you want at the same time if you choose this option. 

2. Keep trying to catch an open window. They generally shut based on current server volume. Knowing that, after a crash or maintenance, directly after, there is a short window you can create characters in. Best to have a visual profile and name all sorted out before you do this so you don't miss the window.

Balmung is the most active RP server currently. Gilgamesh is significantly more lowkey, but choose accordingly! I would recommend Balmung. Best of luck, whatever you choose, however!

RE: Hey there, - Arithease - 12-28-2015

Yea, I think i saw a possible maintanance around 5pm PST for today, not sure if it will affect those realms but I'll try again then, I heard that behemoth has a small community so I might head there until then, try to pick up the basics of the game while I wait. If anyone else has any idea's for temporary servers it would be helpful, I am worried I may not get on till after the holidays are over.

RE: Hey there, - SicketySix - 12-28-2015

(12-28-2015, 08:11 AM)Devereau Wrote: after a maintenance, directly after, there is a short window you can create characters in.

Actually, this isn't even a feasible way anymore. The opening is less than 10 seconds long or doesn't open at all after a maintenance.

The best way is for you to be online when a server crashes. But that relies on you being around to know that it does, and then there's the chance you may still not even get in.

To save a lot of frustration, stack characters on another server, play with them, level them till the transfer restriction on them is listed (a few days I believe) and pay $18.00 and transfer all to Balmung.

Good luck to you!

(12-28-2015, 08:37 AM)Arithease Wrote: Yea, I think i saw a possible maintanance around 5pm PST for today, not sure if it will affect those realms but I'll try again then, I heard that behemoth has a small community so I might head there until then, try to pick up the basics of the game while I wait. If anyone else has any idea's for temporary servers it would be helpful, I am worried I may not get on till after the holidays are over.

The maintenance today does not affect Balmung or Gilgamesh.

If I choose to transfer characters over, do I still have to wait til character creation is open? Its bad enough I have to pay about 20 dollars just to play on the server, but if I am going to, I certainly don't want to have to wait around for days to transfer over.

(12-28-2015, 08:57 AM)Arithease Wrote: If I choose to transfer characters over, do I still have to wait til character creation is open? Its bad enough I have to pay about 20 dollars just to play on the server, but if I am going to, I certainly don't want to have to wait around for days to transfer over.

No, transfers override the server lockout and the transfer usually happens immediately. As far as the $18.00 required. Yeah it sucks to have to spend the $$ but most of us Balmung players love it. Because of the lockouts, Balmung has the lowest Bot/Gil spammers populations out of all the other servers.

The only restriction you have on transfers, is they have to be around for X number of days.

Alright, As long as I can get the characters in, I don't mind paying a few extra bucks to get onto a good server, Thanks for your help.

(12-28-2015, 09:02 AM)Arithease Wrote: Alright, As long as I can get the characters in, I don't mind paying a few extra bucks to get onto a good server, Thanks for your help.

No problem, happy to help!

RE: Hey there, - Roe Dad - 12-28-2015

Welcome!

RE: Hey there, - Accendie - 12-29-2015

*waves*

Welcome to the RPC! Hope we can cross paths once you're on balmung.

RE: Hey there, - Faye - 12-29-2015

Welcome, I hope you can make it onto Balmung soon! Smile

RE: Hey there, - Kage - 12-29-2015

(12-28-2015, 09:02 AM)Arithease Wrote: Alright, As long as I can get the characters in, I don't mind paying a few extra bucks to get onto a good server, Thanks for your help.
If you make several characters and plan to transfer few things you should know.

They all have to be on the same server.
All of them must be 3 days old.
You have to get them to the point where you can speak with other NPCs.

If you play past that third point, aka not wanting to waste time so you want to level or play the game, make sure you do not accept any Free Company invitations.

If you get anything special through moogle mail, Rewards or fantasia, collector's bonus minions or items, make sure you get those too.