Hydaelyn Role-Players
Returning player, some new questions! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Returning player, some new questions! (/showthread.php?tid=14769)

Returning player, some new questions! - ketacorn - 12-30-2015

"I'm going to finish my character profile picture and information before the transfer cooldown finishes," I said.  "I'll sign up already prepared!"

Well, I failed at that, but to heck with it.  I'll make do with a barebones profile for now.  So, hi!

I just ate the cost for a transfer onto Balmung because I value sleep and I'm on the East coast.  Way back at launch I was originally on Gilgamesh for RP, but I've got a lot less time now and decided to settle on Balmung for the time being (and because all my friends are there, of course).

I'm a newer RPer, I've only been at it for about six years now and I've solely done MMO RP.  I started in Warcraft and I've jumped around a lot: Rift, Neverwinter, TERA, SWTOR, and TESO.  I currently still play TESO, though the smaller community has me multigaming for RP, for once.

Presently I'm leveling up a new character despite the grind, though I'm easily distracted.  I like to do digital art when the whim strikes me, and it's currently being balanced with coding a new theme for tumblr for this character because I hate myself that much to take it all on at once.  Gg me.

I play an ex-pirate attempting to find a regular life and failing at it spectacularly.  She's a Hyur and I'm always looking for new RP buddies.

Anyways, I actually did have a question or two, hence the title.  I remember there being OOC linkshell channel things for finding RP and overall chatter.  This was on Gilgamesh, though -- does Balmung have those, and if so, who do I poke?  I browsed the linkshell hall but I still wanted to double check.

Looking forward to meeting y'all in Eorzea!

(And pardon any autocorrect blunders, posting during my break, rofl.)

RE: Returning player, some new questions! - Maril - 12-30-2015

Welcome back to Eorzea ^_^

There's plenty of linkshells about for OOC chatter. I am a member of ones like Europa and Heavy RP OOC. Usually the Linkshell Hall posts have contact information in their posts Smile If you can't find them in game, try sending the owner of the thread a PM.

RE: Returning player, some new questions! - AekiraSwyfte - 12-30-2015

Oooh, another former Gilg-er! Welcome to Balmung, enjoy the GOBS OF WALKUP.

As for linkshells, as far as I know the community's just too big for one master ls like Gilgamesh had. But there are quite a few of decent size both for General OOC chat and for finding specific Genre Based RP. So I'll second the recommendation to go poke the Linkshell Hall and see what you find! Once again, welcome to Balm, and have fun!

RE: Returning player, some new questions! - Roe Dad - 12-31-2015

Welcome!

RE: Returning player, some new questions! - Kellach Woods - 12-31-2015

We have a TON of OOC RP setup LSes.

They also tend to be quite full.