Hydaelyn Role-Players
Letter from the Producer LIVE Part XXVII - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV News (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Letter from the Producer LIVE Part XXVII (/showthread.php?tid=14949)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: Letter from the Producer LIVE Part XXVII - Gegenji - 01-30-2016

(01-30-2016, 05:10 PM)Kage Wrote: "In case were wondering what VIT accessories for 210 are the ones without parry, they are:
Gordian Neck (Crit Acc) Eso Earring (Acc SS) Eso Bracelet (Acc Det) Gordian Ring (Acc Crit) Eso Ring (Parry and DET but its unavoidable)"

Well, that's three of them I can get. I don't expect to be picking up the Gordian stuff since I don't raid. Still, at least most of those are... easily?... available. It'll still be a month or so before my tank accessories are switched over, though.

Good thing I'm in no particular rush. Blush

RE: Letter from the Producer LIVE Part XXVII - Kellach Woods - 01-30-2016

Parry being bad is independent of the problem that a major stat was nigh on fucking useless and a whole set of items were essentially ignored (I straight up passed on VIT stuff before) because there was no point in ever putting them on your character if you were remotely competent at WAR.

RE: Letter from the Producer LIVE Part XXVII - LiadansWhisper - 01-31-2016

Do we have a transcript of the question section of the Live Letter?

RE: Letter from the Producer LIVE Part XXVII - Kage - 01-31-2016

(01-31-2016, 01:34 AM)LiadansWhisper Wrote: Do we have a transcript of the question section of the Live Letter?

Do you mean this? Which was what I copy and pasted into the front post?

(01-31-2016, 01:35 AM)Kage Wrote:
(01-31-2016, 01:34 AM)LiadansWhisper Wrote: Do we have a transcript of the question section of the Live Letter?

Do you mean this? Which was what I copy and pasted into the front post?

Generally speaking, I don't check the first post of a thread every time I visit the thread. Most people don't edit the first post, and usually the newest info is later on in the thread. So sorry to have offended by asking a simple question. Smile

RE: Letter from the Producer LIVE Part XXVII - Miryn - 01-31-2016

I've been holding onto my eso tomes and still have leftover manifestos, so I can grab a full set of Vit jewelry right now. Also, yay for PLD adjustments! I do miss tanking with my sword and board.

I wonder if there are going to be changes to Living Dead as well? With every tank investing in Vit now... I mean, healing up a 21k health DRK is an extra 1-2 GCDs over a 15k one, unless you have Bene at the ready. That can mean the difference between the tank surviving or eating the floor. Not to mention if I'm getting that many heals poured into me over such a short duration I feel like I did something horribly wrong...

RE: Letter from the Producer LIVE Part XXVII - Valence - 01-31-2016

(01-30-2016, 02:51 PM)Aaron Wrote:
(01-30-2016, 02:37 PM)Teadrinker Wrote:
(01-30-2016, 02:08 PM)Aaron Wrote: How come WHM & BLM get 1h & 2h sticks but a MCH can't get a 2h rifle.

Only reason I never will level MCH.

You crazy.

Look at this.

LOOK AT IT.

THAT MASK.

[Image: Lrbubrx.png]
How the fuck does one accurately aim that with one hand?

How do I shoot magicks with my wand?

How can DRG into space by jumping?

How can I shoot so many arrows at the same time with my bardbow?

RE: Letter from the Producer LIVE Part XXVII - Kellach Woods - 01-31-2016

How do I shot web?

erm I mean

How do I spawn 4 magical circular saws out of SHEER ANGER?

(01-31-2016, 01:45 AM)Miryn Wrote: I wonder if there are going to be changes to Living Dead as well? With every tank investing in Vit now... I mean, healing up a 21k health DRK is an extra 1-2 GCDs over a 15k one, unless you have Bene at the ready. That can mean the difference between the tank surviving or eating the floor. Not to mention if I'm getting that many heals poured into me over such a short duration I feel like I did something horribly wrong...

That's actually a good question and possibly a horrible side effect of the change. I was fairly happy because PLDs stacking VIT also means better self-cast Stoneskins and thematically speaking I find that's awesome since, well, PLD Cure sucks ass.

RE: Letter from the Producer LIVE Part XXVII - Warren Castille - 01-31-2016

I'm glad to see them admit PLD needs some adjustments, but I'm not getting excited for them until I see exactly what they have in mind. Not falling for that again.

RE: Letter from the Producer LIVE Part XXVII - Kage - 01-31-2016

(01-31-2016, 01:45 AM)Miryn Wrote: I've been holding onto my eso tomes and still have leftover manifestos, so I can grab a full set of Vit jewelry right now. Also, yay for PLD adjustments! I do miss tanking with my sword and board.

I wonder if there are going to be changes to Living Dead as well? With every tank investing in Vit now... I mean, healing up a 21k health DRK is an extra 1-2 GCDs over a 15k one, unless you have Bene at the ready. That can mean the difference between the tank surviving or eating the floor. Not to mention if I'm getting that many heals poured into me over such a short duration I feel like I did something horribly wrong...

As far as I know Benediction hp restriction was lifted on 3.0

SCH will probably have to emergency tactics lustrate andfairy-kill lustrate.

I've been told that AST can do it with 1 GCD too.

Let's not busy a post thead meant to provide info with meaningless chatter.

(01-31-2016, 01:45 AM)Miryn Wrote: I've been holding onto my eso tomes and still have leftover manifestos, so I can grab a full set of Vit jewelry right now. Also, yay for PLD adjustments! I do miss tanking with my sword and board.

Living Dead strikes me as being eerily similar to Purgatory with Death Knights (the functions are almost identical). With that in mind, it may very well be that it's intended to kill most tanks most of the time unless you have a perfect, timely heal that intervenes. But, in WoW (with a faster GCD and overall much more potent direct healing), it's extremely difficult to heal a tank through a Purgatory proc anyway, regardless of number of healers.

RE: Letter from the Producer LIVE Part XXVII - Maril - 01-31-2016

/Modhat on/ 

Please keep a decent tone in the thread guys! Cleaning up a bit here so the discussion can continue on-topic. 

/Modhat off/

RE: Letter from the Producer LIVE Part XXVII - Aaron - 01-31-2016

(01-31-2016, 08:08 AM)Valence Wrote:
(01-30-2016, 02:51 PM)Aaron Wrote:
(01-30-2016, 02:37 PM)Teadrinker Wrote:
(01-30-2016, 02:08 PM)Aaron Wrote: How come WHM & BLM get 1h & 2h sticks but a MCH can't get a 2h rifle.

Only reason I never will level MCH.

You crazy.

Look at this.

LOOK AT IT.

THAT MASK.

[Image: Lrbubrx.png]
How the fuck does one accurately aim that with one hand?

How do I shoot magicks with my wand?

How can DRG into space by jumping?

How can I shoot so many arrows at the same time with my bardbow?
Dunno because

1 - Magic ain't real, guns are.

2 - Dunno because DRG aren't real, guns are

3 - Won't lie. You got me there lol.

The one hand sniper rifle just looks weird, all I was saying.

RE: Letter from the Producer LIVE Part XXVII - Valence - 02-01-2016

I'm just jesting mostly... Just that well. Depends where you puts the limit on believability, but honestly, if we are after believability, FFXIV is maybe not the best game for that. I mean, characters carry their two handed weapons and bows and guns on their back when it's actually the worse thing to do, that kind of things... Not especially specific to FFXIV either, where more serious and realistic games fall into the same ignorant traps...

I guess i'm more vocal about all the fan-service, immersion breaking evidences that go into the game than this. Just imagine the characters using both their hands and voila... Not something we would be technically very unused to do as RPers that have to make up half of what happens around and is not made possible by the game anyway...

I agree though. Just seemed like really nitpicking to me compared to other stuff. There is plenty.

RE: Letter from the Producer LIVE Part XXVII - Kellach Woods - 02-01-2016

To be fair calibrating the animation for recoil on what is essentially a magic bullet must be the most annoying thing in the world.