Hydaelyn Role-Players
MAKEUP & BEAUTY - irl and in game! Share your likes :) - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: MAKEUP & BEAUTY - irl and in game! Share your likes :) (/showthread.php?tid=14960)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

MAKEUP & BEAUTY - irl and in game! Share your likes :) - Sukaaretto Ueno - 01-16-2016

Hi everyone.

I saw the most recent discussion in IRL pictures thread about red lipsticks XD and it made me realize that I am totally not alone. I saw so many girls posting pictures with pretty lipstick shads on and I was curious about what brand and shade each one of them is!! So instead of replying to each picture in that thread and changing the topic of the original thread, I thought I should create a new thread Smile After all I realize there are plenty of girls (and boys!!) who play ffxiv and have a love for make up and beauty products at the same time ^.^  This interest for me extends from irl to the game - like when i create my characters I ALWAYS, ALWAYS use face paint on the eyes and the cheeks just because I can modify the color and make them look like eye shadow and blush. 

So I think it would be interesting to open a thread to see if anyone is interested, we can talk about make up, lip colors, hairstyle, techniques, from irl to even how you like to make your character look a certain way Smile

This is basically my first time posting other than in the welcome desk section. So I'm not sure what's the proper way of starting a discussion ^.^ But I am just going to throw questions out there as a start. So share with me

Moogle What's your favorite fall/winter lip shade? If you don't have a specific one for the reason, what's your favorite shade at at all times?
Moogle share the head shot of your character so we can see your creation of the beautiful features on their faces!

And I am going to answer my own questions as a start too 

- current favorites of fall/winter lip shades
 Heart MAC Plumful (beautiful subtle plum color, with shiny finish. Not too scary but still very opaque with shiny finish ^.^)
 Heart REVLON 440 Cherries In The Snow (one of my favorite lines in drugstore lipsticks already ,but also this color is the fuchsia of my dreams for deep yet bright reds during colder days!)

- my main suka's head shot (look out for the black eyeliner XD)
[Image: yzeLovw.png]

RE: MAKEUP & BEAUTY - irl and in game! Share your likes :) - LiadansWhisper - 01-16-2016

I'm too lazy to post a headshot.

I don't have a favorite lip color. Just not my big focus. But I did manage to get my greedy mits on the Tarte Tartelette 2 "In Bloom" palette and I have to say, it's a slam dunk.

RE: MAKEUP & BEAUTY - irl and in game! Share your likes :) - LadyRochester - 01-16-2016

Oh, hell yes. I love talking about girly stuff.

I currently don't have a headshot of my character, as I don't have access to the game at the moment, however... I CAN talk about make-up.

I have an odd skin-tone, it's very pale and it's neither warm or cool (though it leans more towards cool undertones), so a lot of lipsticks can look terrible on me. I tend to steer clear from really light/bright tones as my lips have a naturally dark pink hue, so when the colour begins to wear off, it looks awful. So I usually go for deep/dark reds and berries.

I have three favourite lipsticks:

-L'Absolou Rouge by Lancome (in BERRY NOIR)
-L'Absolou Rouge by Lancome (in JEZEBEL)
-Pure coloure Envy by Estee Lauder (in RED EGO)

I tend to lean towards Lancome for lipsticks, as their formula tends to be really creamy and light. These lipsticks are sliiiightly shimmery (the one by Estee Lauder being the glossier one) but I like to tone it down with translucent powder, as I usually dislike overly glossy lips.

RE: MAKEUP & BEAUTY - irl and in game! Share your likes :) - Aaron - 01-16-2016

/watches thread to experience what girl talk really is.

RE: MAKEUP & BEAUTY - irl and in game! Share your likes :) - McBeefâ„¢ - 01-16-2016

(01-16-2016, 09:31 PM)Aaron Wrote: /watches thread to experience what girl talk really is.
It's basically this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4TNJiUQZGU

RE: MAKEUP & BEAUTY - irl and in game! Share your likes :) - LadyRochester - 01-16-2016

(01-16-2016, 09:31 PM)Aaron Wrote: /watches thread to experience what girl talk really is.

Oh, Aaron! So glad you joined us.

Let's talk about shoes, and nails, and make-up, and fashion and... BOYS!!! Let's talk about boys. I love talking about boys. And make-up. Did I mention perfume? I ilke perfume, haha! Kittens are so cute, omg puppies are sooo adorbs. I talked to this guy this other day and he was like staring at my chest ad I was like, "ew, totally gross" but he was kinda cute so idk! maybe I should date him? I like boys. Boys are kinda gross tho. Wearing high heels is SO hard. I was shopping in the mall at victoria's secret and this bitch Stacey like, glared at me, (like, a glare!) and she was a total bitch, her boyfriend is super hot though, I hope they break up! Shoes! My boobs hurt. I want chocolate ice cream. I want cake, but I don;t want to get fat!! Do you like sparkly stuff? I think it's like, so tacky, sparkly stuff is like totally tacky. Did I mention kittens were cute? I love kittens, my friend has this super cute kitten, to bad I don't hang out with her because she's a total skank, omg are my letters getting smaller, weeeird~~~

There. Take it. That's it.

RE: MAKEUP & BEAUTY - irl and in game! Share your likes :) - Aaron - 01-16-2016

[Image: tumblr_inline_o0m8wjBSLw1r4olk8_540.jpg]

M-Make it go away already.

RE: MAKEUP & BEAUTY - irl and in game! Share your likes :) - 13uddy - 01-16-2016

(01-16-2016, 10:23 PM)Aaron Wrote: [Image: tumblr_inline_o0m8wjBSLw1r4olk8_540.jpg]

Oh come on, it isn't THAT bad!

Though I may be biased since the majority of my friends have always been women.  And for some reason I'm considered "one of the girls" with them.  And I've been the victim target subject of their practicing applying makeup on others in our youth (and I was pretty, dangit!).

Anyway, to contribute to the topic, on the occasion that I have a female character, I prefer more subtle tones of makeup.  It depends on skin tone, hair and eye colors, complexion and a few other factors, but I usually try to get a cute almost natural look rather than anything flashy (not that I have anything against flashy).

RE: MAKEUP & BEAUTY - irl and in game! Share your likes :) - Steel Wolf - 01-17-2016

Aaaactually, I shpuld maybe approach this thread woth a question.

Steel is definitely not a makeup wearing kinda gal, but my other Roelady altess, Cass, would definitely be one to wear makeup as she used to do bodyguard work for a noble house and so would have likely worn makeup on several occasions.

She has a rich, cocoa/milky chocolate complexion. Pretty warm in color I believe, though will have to edit or reply with a headshot later. Her skintone provided a bit of a unique challenge to my eye when considering makeup...do I go with something that would maybe follow her natural color or do I do something in a contrasting super deep red or purple/blue?

RE: MAKEUP & BEAUTY - irl and in game! Share your likes :) - LiadansWhisper - 01-17-2016

(01-17-2016, 12:05 AM)Steel Wolf Wrote: Aaaactually, I shpuld maybe approach this thread woth a question.

Steel is definitely not a makeup wearing kinda gal, but my other Roelady altess, Cass, would definitely be one to wear makeup as she used to do bodyguard work for a noble house and so would have likely worn makeup on several occasions.

She has a rich, cocoa/milky chocolate complexion. Pretty warm in color I believe, though will have to edit or reply with a headshot later. Her skintone provided a bit of a unique challenge to my eye when considering makeup...do I go with something that would maybe follow her natural color or do I do something in a contrasting super deep red or purple/blue?

If she has warm tones, then colors on the warm side (reds, oranges, yellows, browns, golds, etc) should look better on her than cool colors.

RE: MAKEUP & BEAUTY - irl and in game! Share your likes :) - Teadrinker - 01-17-2016

I'm actually petty picky about my cosmetics now that I think about it.

If it's not Bare Minerals it doesn't go on my face. Liquid foundation scares me and mineral foundation just looks more natural to me.

I like Urban Decay eyeshadows. Half Baked is seriously one of the best neutral shades ever created.

My face primer, eye primer, eyeliner and Mascara are currently Benefit. 

Perfume is Chanel Chance.

I am not picky about lip glosses at all because I always lose the damn things and find them a year later in a car compartment/sofa/coat pocket etc.

And...this is all my cosmetics.

RE: MAKEUP & BEAUTY - irl and in game! Share your likes :) - Sukaaretto Ueno - 01-17-2016

(01-16-2016, 08:47 PM)LiadansWhisper Wrote: I'm too lazy to post a headshot.

I don't have a favorite lip color.  Just not my big focus.  But I did manage to get my greedy mits on the Tarte Tartelette 2 "In Bloom" palette and I have to say, it's a slam dunk.
I have been eyeing that omg! What stops me is that it's yet another pretty nude/neutral eye shadow palette, which I really shouldn't get another one cause at some point they all start to look similar. But then I ask myself, can you really have too many neutral shades? Not really...XD are they bendable? I really have never tried any powder products from tarte other than the blushes which I love.

RE: MAKEUP & BEAUTY - irl and in game! Share your likes :) - Sukaaretto Ueno - 01-17-2016

(01-16-2016, 09:20 PM)LadyRochester Wrote: Oh, hell yes. I love talking about girly stuff.

I currently don't have a headshot of my character, as I don't have access to the game at the moment, however... I CAN talk about make-up.

I have an odd skin-tone, it's very pale and it's neither warm or cool (though it leans more towards cool undertones), so a lot of lipsticks can look terrible on me. I tend to steer clear from really light/bright tones as my lips have a naturally dark pink hue, so when the colour begins to wear off, it looks awful. So I usually go for deep/dark reds and berries.

I have three favourite lipsticks:

-L'Absolou Rouge by Lancome (in BERRY NOIR)
-L'Absolou Rouge by Lancome (in JEZEBEL)
-Pure coloure Envy by Estee Lauder (in RED EGO)

I tend to lean towards Lancome for lipsticks, as their formula tends to be really creamy and light. These lipsticks are sliiiightly shimmery (the one by Estee Lauder being the glossier one) but I like to tone it down with translucent powder, as I usually dislike overly glossy lips.

lol i have done that too - put powder on top of lip colors. I usually use the laura mercier translucent one cause it's not heavy and makes it look mattttee! Wink

And ah I have got to checkout those lipsticks! I am actually a bit jealous about your natural dark pink lip color cause for me, no lip color = no lip color. My natural lip color is PALE PINK, VERY PALE. So if I don't at least put on a tinted lipblam or anything it could look like I'm under the weather that day..!

(01-16-2016, 11:22 PM)13uddy Wrote:
(01-16-2016, 10:23 PM)Aaron Wrote: [Image: tumblr_inline_o0m8wjBSLw1r4olk8_540.jpg]

Oh come on, it isn't THAT bad!

Though I may be biased since the majority of my friends have always been women.  And for some reason I'm considered "one of the girls" with them.  And I've been the victim target subject of their practicing applying makeup on others in our youth (and I was pretty, dangit!).

Anyway, to contribute to the topic, on the occasion that I have a female character, I prefer more subtle tones of makeup.  It depends on skin tone, hair and eye colors, complexion and a few other factors, but I usually try to get a cute almost natural look rather than anything flashy (not that I have anything against flashy).

Thank you! Maybe Aaron just secretly wants to as cool as we are but he's shy to say so, so instead he becomes part of the community by being a jerk >_> just kd Aaron. XD

But yeah, the neutral shades are the best at times heheheh it's called "no makeup makeup look" - I know, I know..

(01-17-2016, 12:15 AM)LiadansWhisper Wrote:
(01-17-2016, 12:05 AM)Steel Wolf Wrote: Aaaactually, I shpuld maybe approach this thread woth a question.

If she has warm tones, then colors on the warm side (reds, oranges, yellows, browns, golds, etc) should look better on her than cool colors.

Agreed.I am very pale but is still on the warm side, and cool tone shades always look a bit off on me. If she has a milky chocolate complexion, then deep warm colors like burgundy/browns/golds would look very good on her! 
I want to see the headshot! XD I have always had characters with pale skin but maybe I'll switch sides next time to see how it looks like hehe