Hydaelyn Role-Players
MAKEUP & BEAUTY - irl and in game! Share your likes :) - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: MAKEUP & BEAUTY - irl and in game! Share your likes :) (/showthread.php?tid=14960)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

RE: MAKEUP & BEAUTY - irl and in game! Share your likes :) - Sukaaretto Ueno - 07-08-2016

(07-08-2016, 12:02 AM)LadyRochester Wrote: I live in Uruguay, so brands here are either super high end or super shitty. There's no in-between. Needless to say, if you like make-up, it gets really pricey, especially because our import taxes are ridiculously high. I am a sucker for golden/champagne/rose/copper tones. I'm super pale and I think they are very flattering colours. My most recent purchases were two:

Chanel Quad Eyeshadow - Tisse Vendome (204)

The colours of these eyeshadows are super delicate and pigmented. They are a little powdery, but they tend to stay on the lid even with minimal/no primer. 

[Image: chanel_204tissevendome001.jpg]

Lancome Hypnose Dazzling Cream Eyeshadow - Brun Cabas (205)

It is super red and coppery, but it's so flattering on every eye color/skintone. The texture is very smooth (mousse-y), and it packs on the lid quite beautifully. This is one of my favorites. It's super practical and it's just gorgeous.
[Image: 4935421614580_205BrunCabas_HYPNOSEDAZZLI...jpg?sh=420]

I would kill to have the Naked 3 palette from Urban Decay, but they don't sell UD stuff in Uruguay, which makes me really sad as it is by far the most gorgeous palette I've ever seen. 

[Image: PC156753.jpg]

All the shades in this palette are just stunning, especially Dust, Trick, Liar, and Mugshot. It kills me that I can't buy this where I live. Cry

yiiiis - i have way too many shadows that are just "rose gold" toned. I don't know if you have access to lorac or not (or whether you can get it via international shipping), but if you do - the lorac unzipped eyeshadow palette is mentioned so much in this category and I would totally get it if I didn't have naked 3. As they are quite similar but in my opinion I would use every shade in the unzipped palette and I can't say the same for naked 3! The glittery shades can be a bit too much for every day look and they can get very powdery. Big Grin

RE: MAKEUP & BEAUTY - irl and in game! Share your likes :) - Sukaaretto Ueno - 07-08-2016

(05-19-2016, 01:06 AM)Hutarin Wrote:
(05-19-2016, 12:38 AM)LiadansWhisper Wrote: I'm thinking I might want one of these...

http://www.sephora.com/modernist-eyeshadow-palette-P392707?skuId=1621150&icid2=brand%20content_brand%3Ahourglass_p392707_image

[Image: Hourglass-Modernist-Eye-Shadow-Palette-Color-Field.jpg]

But...$58  >.<

I've heard these can be a pain to use. Apparently they get all muddy due to not being in separate pans.
If you get it, tell us how it works out! The colors look really nice. :o

I'm also curious if you ended up getting it!!

RE: MAKEUP & BEAUTY - irl and in game! Share your likes :) - LiadansWhisper - 07-08-2016

(07-08-2016, 06:17 PM)Sukaaretto Ueno Wrote:
(07-07-2016, 10:34 PM)LiadansWhisper Wrote: The UD Gwen Stefani Ltd Ed palette is on sale for $25 on Ulta, Sephora, and Urbandecay.com.  It was originally $59.  Big Grin
RU GOING TO GET IT

Sweetpea, it's at home in my makeup bag and I'm WEARING IT.

RE: MAKEUP & BEAUTY - irl and in game! Share your likes :) - LiadansWhisper - 07-08-2016

(07-08-2016, 06:24 PM)Sukaaretto Ueno Wrote:
(05-19-2016, 12:38 AM)LiadansWhisper Wrote: I'm thinking I might want one of these...

http://www.sephora.com/modernist-eyeshadow-palette-P392707?skuId=1621150&icid2=brand%20content_brand%3Ahourglass_p392707_image

But...$58  >.<

I've heard these can be a pain to use. Apparently they get all muddy due to not being in separate pans.

They didn't have it at my local Sephora and I'm not buying it if I can't swatch it first.

(07-08-2016, 06:41 PM)LiadansWhisper Wrote:
(07-08-2016, 06:24 PM)Sukaaretto Ueno Wrote:

But...$58  >.<

They didn't have it at my local Sephora and I'm not buying it if I can't swatch it first.
gotta stick to the principle!!

RE: MAKEUP & BEAUTY - irl and in game! Share your likes :) - Nako Vesh - 07-08-2016

Anyone tried Glossier products? I loooove the stuff I've tried, particularly the Priming Moisturizer. I'm going to try Boy Brow next. I'm not into super lined, ultra manicured brows for myself so that seems perfect for me.

(07-08-2016, 08:30 PM)Nako Vesh Wrote: Anyone tried Glossier products? I loooove the stuff I've tried, particularly the Priming Moisturizer. I'm going to try Boy Brow next. I'm not into super lined, ultra manicured brows for myself so that seems perfect for me.

I haven't, but I've been hearing good things about it. I ended up picking up Benefit's Gimmie Brow on the advice of the nice lady at Ulta, and I really like it but I need to go get my brows done again.

RE: MAKEUP & BEAUTY - irl and in game! Share your likes :) - LiadansWhisper - 07-09-2016

Also, if you're looking for a good Eye Primer, I picked up the Wet n' Wild eye primer at CVS the other day, and it's freaking amazing. It doesn't crease on me at all, and every other primer had me creasing within a few hours. Plus, it's less than $5. Big Grin

RE: MAKEUP & BEAUTY - irl and in game! Share your likes :) - Sukaaretto Ueno - 07-09-2016

(07-09-2016, 12:01 PM)LiadansWhisper Wrote: Also, if you're looking for a good Eye Primer, I picked up the Wet n' Wild eye primer at CVS the other day, and it's freaking amazing.  It doesn't crease on me at all, and every other primer had me creasing within a few hours.  Plus, it's less than $5.  Big Grin
wattt.
I have gone thought several UD ones and now using the too faced primer but I'm about to run out of it as well. Maybe I will pick up this one!

RE: MAKEUP & BEAUTY - irl and in game! Share your likes :) - Sukaaretto Ueno - 07-09-2016

(07-08-2016, 08:30 PM)Nako Vesh Wrote: Anyone tried Glossier products? I loooove the stuff I've tried, particularly the Priming Moisturizer. I'm going to try Boy Brow next. I'm not into super lined, ultra manicured brows for myself so that seems perfect for me.
ipsy always sends me emails featuring them..do you like the moisturizer? I am interested in all priming products..

(07-08-2016, 08:44 PM)LiadansWhisper Wrote:

I haven't, but I've been hearing good things about it.  I ended up picking up Benefit's Gimmie Brow on the advice of the nice lady at Ulta, and I really like it but I need to go get my brows done again.

Eva has mentioned  this in the thread before, and recently I have been stealing hers recently to shaped my brows with...recommend!! 

And also gimmie brow is nice! but they dont have a dark enough color for darkbrow-black hair :c 

[Image: auxvngc.jpg]

RE: MAKEUP & BEAUTY - irl and in game! Share your likes :) - LiadansWhisper - 07-10-2016

Mine are really dark, almost black. The color I'm using is Medium/Deep and it seems to be dark enough?

RE: MAKEUP & BEAUTY - irl and in game! Share your likes :) - Nako Vesh - 07-10-2016

(07-09-2016, 11:45 PM)Sukaaretto Ueno Wrote:
ipsy always sends me emails featuring them..do you like the moisturizer? I am interested in all priming products..

Yeah, I really love it though it's not a traditional primer. It doesn't use silicone to get that "slippy" feel. It's just somehow really magically moisturizing? It's very dewy, too, so if you're not into that you may no like it.

Also, Sephora is FINALLY carrying RMS Beauty so I can start reaping rewards for shelling out dat cash. Although it seems they don't have the full lineup yet so I'm still going to have to get the finishing powder from their original website. Boooo.

RE: MAKEUP & BEAUTY - irl and in game! Share your likes :) - Shofie - 07-11-2016

Recently discovered Kat Von D products and they're really great for me. The Lock-It foundations match me really well and cover VERY well (have a super pigmented "smell" to them though), and her studded lipstick in Lolita is amazing. Nice matte finish and it's a great color that can be worn basically anytime of day.

Been super pleased with the quality of these products so far.

RE: MAKEUP & BEAUTY - irl and in game! Share your likes :) - LiadansWhisper - 07-11-2016

I have the Shade and Light palette and it's really good. No talc at all!