Hydaelyn Role-Players
Under Blue Skies [Open] - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Role-Play (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+--- Forum: Town Square (IC) (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: Under Blue Skies [Open] (/showthread.php?tid=1527)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Re: Under Blue Skies [Open] - Xenedra - 12-07-2012

Xenedra watched the girl test out the drink with a half smirk, "I'm sure that will be a very informative meeting."

It had been a near shot in the dark, of course, after seeing the girl tromp over from the direction of a somewhat familiar figure with a somewhat familiar stance, but she had assumed the girl's father was Yssen. The strawberry wine and the coin-acrobatics confirmed it. She wondered if the girl was aware of just how many hints she'd dropped as to her father's identity. Then again, maybe they were dropped to incorrectly back up her assumptions- but that was silly, what would the point be? Pushing aside her paranoid suspicions, she refocused on the girl.

"Do you like it? It's my favorite."

Re: Under Blue Skies [Open] - Yssen - 12-07-2012

Hope stopped her pondering and turned her attention back to Xenedra, she placed the glass carefully back on the table.

"Not really. It is a bit too sweet. I tend to prefer a more sour red, when I can manage to get it. He said to order it if I got a look like the one I got from you earlier. I have no idea why. He doesn't give instructions so much as he gives me riddles sometimes. I can usually figure out what he means."

Hope slips into a brief troubled look, and then back into a grin.

"No matter. Sometimes you are the fox, others the chicken. Or something like that."

Re: Under Blue Skies [Open] - Vareal - 12-07-2012

Isaac shook his head slightly and moved around to the other side of the table. Finding a chair, he pulled it out and away from the table a little bit, reached behind him underneath his cloak and procured a bow shaft. He sat in the chair and retrieved a bow string from one of the pouches at his waist. He held the bow shaft in his right hand, strung one end with the string and placed the lower tip in the curve of his boot. His muscles flexed as he bent the shaft with one arm and went about completing his work.

"What is it you're hoping to find in the Deepcroft, Endemerrin? One doesn't simply venture a place such as that just for fun." Isaac stopped stringing his bow for a moment in thought. "At least, not that I've heard anyway, but I suppose to each his own."

Isaac finished stringing his bow. Gripping the center of the bow shaft in his left hand, he tested the tension on the string. Finding it satisfactory, he strung the bow over his shoulder and scooted his chair closer to the table.

Re: Under Blue Skies [Open] - Merri - 12-07-2012

"Yeah, hitting things is a good place to start. I mean, that's how I got started." He let out a faint chuckle. "Gets a bit deeper than that depending on what road you end up taking, but.." He trailed off momentarily, letting his eyes drift back down to his weapons. "That's an entirely different subject, really." After giving Genevieve another reassuring wink, he turned his attention to Isaac.

"Ah, well.." He did his best to hide a grin by lifting his left arm and pressing his mouth to his closed fist. After remaining in the position for a moment he removed his hand and leaned back in his chair. "It isn't really any one particular thing, rather a wide variety of tasks that have accumulated over the past week or so." Endemerrin loosely gestured towards Xenedra and the Lalafell sitting to his right, who was already staring intensely at Isaac with his single glossy eye. "My associates and I here only recently revived our little company. I guess you could say some rather ...interesting events saw us forced on a hiatus for a few years. Eorzea has certainly changed since we've last been active, and we decided to expand our business out from being just an extension of the Adventurer's Guild." He smirked. "We decided to take cartography under our wing as well, since it tied in so flawlessly with our overarching purpose."

The Dunesfolk cleared his throat before interrupting Endemerrin. "What this imbecile is trying to explain is that we have taken a contract to map out some of Deepcroft for a client. There is much left to be excavated, and we will be providing an accurate layout of these areas for them. In line with this, you will be assisting Endemerrin and his little harlot with clearing out some of the more unsavory fauna that has taken up residence in recent years. There has also been concerns of unnatural activity within the deepcroft that will be investigated at this time as well."

Endemerrin exhaled sharply and nodded along slowly with the Dunesfolk's long-winded explanation, flapping his fingers together in a mocking manner while mouthing "Blah blah blah~" to the rest of the group.

Re: Under Blue Skies [Open] - Shikei - 12-08-2012

Listening quietly as the objectives are explained to her, Genevieve nods her head and crosses her arms over her chest. Following orders was at least something that she had experience with, so she listened intently for the details. It isn't until the lalafell refers to Xenedra as a harlot that her expression suddenly and drastically changes.

"Now see here! That is no way to refer to a lady!" she says, uncrossing her arms and pointing at the lalafell sharply. "Women deserve to be treated with the same level of respect that you would expect others to show you, and failing to do so only serves to cheapen the intellect that you obviously possess."

Looking to Xenedra, she gestures to the lalafell. "You need not take such verbal abuse from him, stand up for yourself! You're not a harlot are you?" she says, looking over Xenedra appraisingly, "Are you?"

Re: Under Blue Skies [Open] - Xenedra - 12-08-2012

Xenedra shrugs calmly and adopts a ditzy expression for just a moment, "You think he was talking about me? I thought he was referring to Mr. Barracuda~"

She nods toward the hulking Roegadyn man at the table, "He does get ALL the ladies~. Don't worry about it, sugar. It's how he shows affection. He's really trying to tell me how attractive he finds me."

She winks at the grouchy Lalafell and blows him a kiss.

Re: Under Blue Skies [Open] - Vareal - 12-08-2012

Isaac's ears twitched in attention as he listened to the Lalafell's explanation of their duty and what they were to accomplish. He had some experience in dealing with unnatural activities of both explainable and unexplainable causes. He leaned forward, resting his arms on the table, his expression turning serious as he addressed the Dunesfolk.

"Any idea on the cause of these unnatural happenings? What have the reports said?" He was only half paying attention to Genevieve's outburst at the Dunesfolk calling Xenedra a harlot, but figured best to stay out of such matters. Taking an interest in the personal issues of people he just met never led to anything good, in his experience anyway. Perhaps there would be time for that later. He was here on business. Business that just got a little more interesting.

Re: Under Blue Skies [Open] - Shikei - 12-08-2012

Genevieve blinks and looks dumbfounded at Xenedra, not quite following her line of logic but nevertheless having the legs swept out from under her righteous ire. "Uhm...well...okay. If you say so..." she says, shrinking back into her shell and blushing fiercely.

Re: Under Blue Skies [Open] - Merri - 12-08-2012

The Roegadyn adjusted his red overcoat and puffed his chest out slightly. "Aye, tha' ladies can' seem t' keep 'emselves off me!" He leaned forward on the table, causing it to creak heavily under his weight. Bearing his massive, toothy grin, he winked at Genevieve. "I mus' 'ave this lass in a tizzy wit' me ruggedly handsome looks an' charm."

The Dunesfolk seemed to almost completely tune out the women, instead choosing to fluff out a newspaper in front of himself while continuing to address Isaac. "Nothing we haven't dealt with before. Lambs of Dalamud, Voidsent, et cetera." He flipped through a few of the pages, mumbling something under his breath.

Endemerrin glanced over to the newspaper for a moment before shooting Isaac yet another grin. "We had a few run ins with the Lambs of Dalamud about five years back, and they were never really anything to be incredibly worried about. Just crazed cultists, really. There's probably nothing too serious going on down there, but we'll be checking anyways just to be on the safe side. We intend to work with our client for a few other jobs, and having some drooling fanatics do away with them would be bad for business, you know?

Re: Under Blue Skies [Open] - Yssen - 12-08-2012

Hope patiently pretend to listen to the briefing, continuing to flip the coin through her fingers. When the dust settles on the harlot comment, she leans over toward Genevieve .

"Way to go, nervous kid," she punctuates with a smile and a wink.

She stares for a half second at the glass she set on the table, rubbing her chin briefly. She snaps to actual attention at the mention of the Lambs of Dalamud and Voidsent.

"Wait. What?" she says, swiftly covering up a worried expression with a cocksure mask. "We don't expect Voidsent do we? Dad is totally not going to let me near him for a week if we are dealing with one of those. Or is it summoning up to try and talk to one of those? I forget. He lectures on and on about the his old days. I usually just tune him out."

Re: Under Blue Skies [Open] - Vareal - 12-08-2012

At the mention of the Lambs of Dalamud, Isaac's expression turned dark and he drifted off in thought, staring into nothing. He idly touched his left arm covered by the loose fitting black sleeve, his fingers slowly gripping into a fist. After a moment, he blinked and looked around. Shaking off his reverie, he leaned back in his chair, keeping his left hand on the table.

"Voidsent," he let out a low whistle. "That should make things interesting."

Re: Under Blue Skies [Open] - Shikei - 12-10-2012

Genevieve sighs and knocks on her own forehead with her right knuckles, closing her eyes as she tries to avoid eye contact with the others. Even Hope was taking to calling her a nervous kid, when she was likely at least a dozen years her senior. But that's just the way things were going to be it seemed. However young she may be, Hope WAS conducting herself with more grace than she was, so the bottom of the pecking order seemed to be her lot in this group. Opening her eyes slightly, she looks over at the others and continues listening quietly, wondering just what mischief she might be getting herself into with this group.

Re: Under Blue Skies [Open] - Merri - 12-10-2012

"Well," Endemerrin leaned forward in his chair while placing his hands on his hips. "As fun as it is to sit around and chat~" The playful sarcasm in his voice was almost palpable. "I figure we've piqued enough interest to at least get started. Who knows, maybe we'll run into some folks along the way or come across some like-minded individuals in the deepcroft itself." He said with an ever-so-familiar smirk while swiping his Sphairai off the table and snapping them back down to his hips. "Unless anyone has objections, or has changed their mind?" He glanced between the people surrounding the table, brow raising in curiosity.

"D.B, Lumu." Endemerrin nodded towards the Sea Wolf and Dunesfolk sitting off to the right of him. "You two can head off whenever. I'll hit you up on the pearl when we're nearing completion of our tasks." He held his right hand up and jingled a small bracelet with several linkpearls hanging off it. The Dunesfolk neatly folded up his paper, tucked it under his arm, and adjusted the brim of his hat before hopping off his chair and strolling out towards the exit of the Carline Canopy. Offering nothing but another wide, toothy grin, the Sea Wolf turned and winked once more in Genevieve's direction before rising from his seat and hurrying after his miniscule friend.

Re: Under Blue Skies [Open] - Shikei - 12-11-2012

Nodding her head once as Merri calls everyone to get ready, she looks up just in time to catch the Sea Wolf shooting her a wink. Blushing brightly, she gives a chaste little wave before turning her attention back to Merri.

"As tempting as it might be for me to turn tail and run right now, I'm committed to seeing this through to the end. Though, if it's all the same to you, I would prefer that end not be MY end." she says, giving Merri a quick glance and giving a joyless little laugh.

The fact that she seemed to be in more capable company really was the only reason that Genevieve hadn't turned tail and ran already, that and the fact that she was rather intrigued by the company that had gathered for this task.

"I'm ready to move out whenever the rest of you are..."

Re: Under Blue Skies [Open] - Yssen - 12-11-2012

"Yeah!" Hope snaps herself out of the chair by doing a short vault over the back of it. She shoots a grin and wink to Genevieve "Thats the spirit!"

"Lets blow this apple cart and get to the fun stuff!" Hope punctuates her last statement by enthusiastically punching her right fist into her left hand. She makes a couple of quick glances over her shoulder to various points in the room, before she settles on a spot by one of the entrances and gives it a two fingered wave. She then turns her attention to the rest of the group. "Sooooo. How are we getting there?"