Hydaelyn Role-Players
Under Blue Skies [Open] - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Role-Play (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+--- Forum: Town Square (IC) (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: Under Blue Skies [Open] (/showthread.php?tid=1527)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Re: Under Blue Skies [Open] - Abaigeal - 12-20-2012

Spoiler: show
I hope its okay I am posting again out of my turn as it seems that depending on my actions or response is necessary of other responses/actions of others--um also do...you folks have a posting order? I just want to make sure I am not stepping on toes!I know most forums have them Smile ♥great thread btw~!

The green eyed dancer cautiously paced herself through the brush. Plants and trees were still green but they had a saddened weaker coloring to them. Almost as if the land itself was still sick or heading into an like autumn setting in and spreading it fiery colors among the greens and greening yellows. There were memories and visions that flooded her head the past day or so. Memories that seemed like yesterday but were clearly not of thief time. Things that she noticed that once were in existence but now were not. It was most curious, just what had happened in that flash of light moments before...before...

The reddish brown haired female kept her gaze of to her left side as she continued to make her way up the dirt cover road. Slowly choosing her steps meticulously to avoid some of the larger sharper rocks and stones, it would almost appear as she was delicately prancing. Her vibrant emerald orbs continued catching glimpses of what could have been ears or a tails? Something tall and maybe perhaps a male, or...maybe it was female? It was rather hard to discern what was what and exactly how many there were. Still from the sounds of the party it seemed pretty descent sized.

A smile painted faintly over her lips as bits of her conversation could be heard. Still the sounds and voiced were muddled with the sounds of the trees and the forest. From what she could tell is they were all rather friendly; at least toward each other. Sort of...close knit, that was always a good thing. It reminded her of her time with the traveling caravan. The jokes, the smiles that linger upon features, the bickering, oh the bickering and bantering was the best! Though, the one thing that always stayed the same was the camaraderie—no was left undefended for any reason at all and everyone had each other's backs.

The mouth of the off road path was with in viewing distance and not but a few paces off. Dainty filth covered toes continued to maneuver about the ground heading for the stone cobbled way. That would be a nice change, not having to really worry about ones step then. However it seemed that someone had other plans in mind for her. A stone bounced a mere inched before her feet. Well, that was unwelcoming. Either this group was overly suspicious of a single traveler and was the type to attack first asks questions later, or perchance just an untrained scout that was silly enough to cast stones and should realize that no one would be stupid enough to forge an attack just outside the city.

"Eh! Wotchit!! Wot do ye think yer aimin' at!" The young woman looked in the direction of the cast stone. 'really...who honestly throws stones?!' Caution to the wind...that was rather annoying. Though, she supposed it was to be expected, then again it's not as if she was sneaking up on them, just merely being cautious along a side road.

The voice echoed above and she couldn't help but roll her eyes. A trick of sorts, one she was well familiar with. Working with the performers, there were a few that liked to use such a trick to dramatize the action of the show. Well at least someone was taught well in that regard, the voice did seem to come from above. However, it still needed some work...not bad. Just...could be better.

She paused with the slightest hint of trepidation in exactly how to respond. It already seemed the travelers or their scout was rather touchy. Who knew they may not have her sense of humor. "Ah assure ye, Ah'm no bandit..." She laughed wiggling her toes on the ground as her gaze went to them. "Though as ye have so eloquently pointed out, if Ah were, you'd think Ah would be good enough to take a descent pair of shoes. Wot about ye? Are ye a bandit..." She shrugged her shoulders with a bit of chuckle shaking her head, russet locks bounced about her face.

Re: Under Blue Skies [Open] - Shikei - 12-20-2012

Noticing some of the finer details of Isaac's appearance as she turned toward his voice, grinning slightly. "Yeah...I figured that you all would, that's really most of the reason that I decided to join you. I had decided that it would probably be best if my first real adventure was with some more experienced travelers..." she finally admits allowed, slipping her hand behind her neck sheepishly. "At this point, I'm more concerned about the very real possibility of me making a complete ass of myself out here. Thankfully, you all seem a forgiving sort...so OW!"

Jerking her head forward slightly, she whips around and looks for the source of the small stone that just knocked off of the back of her noggin. Looking more confused than angry, she looks around at the others. "Are we under attack? Or am I being chastised for something?"

Re: Under Blue Skies [Open] - Zesiro Ghalib - 12-21-2012

Zesiro couldn't believe what he was seeing. He hadn't been an adventurer for very long, but he was certain that they took themselves a bit more seriously. Perhaps strange opo-opo children were commonplace among adventuring parties, after all she was pretty good at climbing trees, and hitting her own party members with rocks.

Thankful that he hadn't approached them in the Caline Canopy, he maintained his hiding place among the forest underbrush. His ears shifted forward and tail gently swayed back and forth as he observed the group. Cautiously he crept closer to the group, making absolutely certain that he did not compromise his position. He would have to observe them a little bit longer before he decided to reveal himself.

Re: Under Blue Skies [Open] - Merri - 12-21-2012

Endemerrin continued to stroll along, acting almost oblivious to the commotion going on in the woods surrounding them. The new strange woman yelling, Hope dangling from trees and tossing rocks. He bit his lip slightly as a means to stifle an ever-growing laugh. It wasn't long before he burst out laughing. Doing his best to quell his laughter, he leaned down towards Xenedra and held the back of his hand against the corner of his mouth before whispering in her direction. "I think Dalamud made everyone loopy while we were gone~"

Glancing once over his shoulder, he gave a slight shrug and kept his pace down the path, making certain to watch for flying rocks. "Don't tire yourselves out!" He shouted behind him, "You're going to need your energy later~!" Before long, sight of the large Chocobo Stables near Camp Bentbranch came into view, and the camp itself not soon after. Endemerrin's eyes glazed over the Aetheryte momentarily before he came to a stop near the gates leading out of the camp and down to Tam-tara. He turned about and hopped up to sit on the fence. "I suppose we'll give people a bit. Let them have one last chance to gather what they need before we head down into the deepcroft."

Re: Under Blue Skies [Open] - Yssen - 12-23-2012

"That all really depends on your definition of bandit." Hope kept her voice cast out in the general above direction, shifting positions in her perch. "Also, where the heck are you from, and why can't they teach their children how to speak there? Also, I'd put the sword away. It seems less than friendly."

Hope tilted her head as Endermerrin strolled on through and shrugged, vaulting out of her perch. She lands softly, asafe distance away, rises up, and dusts herself off for effect. She grins at the shoe-less girl, placing her hands on her hips.

"Hi! I'm Hope. Who are you, and why do you lack shoes?"

Re: Under Blue Skies [Open] - Vareal - 12-24-2012

Isaac places a reassuring hand on Genevieve's shoulder and smiles up to her. "Relax, we're not under attack," He looks over to the newcomer in time to see Hope landing on the ground, proffering up first a rebuke, then an introduction. He too was curious about this new, disheveled arrival. He made a mental note of how manny arrows he had left; he had only used two since refilling the quiver the other day. He looked back up at Genevieve.

"Save your energy and your wits for the deep croft." He smiled once again up at her and walked over to the fence Endemerrin sat upon and leaned against it, folding his arms across his chess. His sharp, green eyes scanning the surrounding trees and brush.

"I would rather not dally too much longer," he said to Endermerrin without breaking his gaze from the forest. "It's easy to loose track of time in the Deepcroft and it's not exactly a place I fancy spending the night."

Re: Under Blue Skies [Open] - Abaigeal - 12-24-2012

"Aye. Ah suppose it does now doesn' it?" the emerald orbed woman smirked as she crossed her arms over her chest. Naturally she would answer with an open ended question. However the next question directed her way caused her burst out in a fit of musical laughter. Her crossed arms siding down to her stomach where she held it as her head tossed back to the sky. The melodious laughter echoed of the trees.

"Oh? So Ah talk funny do Ah? Ah wasn't aware, were Ah come from we all talk like this. Even the wee chiselers. Ah'm sorry does it make me seem a bit banjaxed?" Now the russet haired lass was just haven a good jesting tossing about her homelands terms and phrases at the echoed voice from above expense. It was rather amusing quite frankly. "Ah don't think it really matters where Ah came from these days...Ah think the more important question is where do Ah plan on going!" She smiled shaking her head.

A thin eyebrow quirked up at the mention of her "sword" with a quizzical look painted over her features. She couldn't help but question just how deadly it looked? Then again she was used to it. "Agian Ah beg yer pardon but where do ye suggest Ah put it?"Slowly and casually she held her hands up, including the one with a sword and twirled in a circle. There really wasn't a place for her to put it, she hadn't even a sheath. She merely had on her performance skirts of various reds and oranges with hints of gold paired with a matching halter top. Honestly it wasn't the best thing to be running about but for her it was perfectly fine. It was simply yet free and could often be found chasing the wind. Much like herself at times.

Her cheeks coated with a slight hint of rose as two of the travelers with the over head voice seemed to jest of their own followed by their own fits of laughter. Pursing her lips she returned her gaze to scanning the green canopy with patches of blue up above. Strangely enough a crazy looking little opo-opo like lad jumped from the branches landing in a cloud of dust. A small scoff bubble from her lips as the youthful male had stood before her with hands upon his hips and rather extra particularly bright grin plastered to his features.

"Ah surely must have had a bad dose. Yer a LASS?" She question not intentionally meaning to be insulting. Though now upon closer inspection it was rather clear the youthful child was just rather tomboyish. "Well, what do ye know. Learn something new everyday." She shook her head as if to clear out the cobwebs and beamed just as equally bright back at the young girl. "Well Hope, Ah suppose ye can call me Abai. We'll stick with that for now."

Her attention went back to her feet before returning to the lass. "Ah can't seem to remember where Ah left them last?" She offered up with a shrug before shaking her head once more with a chortle. "Ye want the truth?" She asked leaning forward a bit placing her hand on the side of her mouth as if it were a secret though her voice never changed. "Me taste are too expensive...and...it's easier to dance without them." Abaigeal dropped her hand and continued to on. "It would be a shame to have shoes when Ah would be spending more time then not without them...though Ah suppose Ah should look in to repplacements...."

"Why do ye swing from the trees and play a phantom of the heavens?" She asked a question of her of own. " And rocks Lass? " She smiled showing good faith that it was merely a question for a question.

(Abai is read or pronouced as Abbey)

Re: Under Blue Skies [Open] - Xenedra - 12-24-2012

Xenedra passed Hope and the new comer at a lazy pace, padding gracefully by in her gold gilded, black bard's heels. "C'mon, children~ we don't have time to play twenty questions. I'd like to be in and out of the Deepcroft before nightfall."

Truth be told, she didn't expect that they'd manage it. The caves and halls down there had an overly winding, seemingly pointless mess of paths before, so now they were likely to be broken and somewhat impassable as well. There was no telling what Bahamut's rage had done to the area until they got down there, though. There were new rumors surrounding the old tunnels now, too. Some "shadowy, malicious, hulking figure" was said to now stalk the deeps. She wasn't sure how anything under ground could appear as anything BUT, until you shined a little bit of light on it, and took the rumors with a grain of salt. Xenedra DID wonder if any of the others, aside from Endemerrin, were aware of the rumors, though, since they'd all happily come skipping along to play. Best not to ask and scare off the skittish one.

"Keep up if you're coming~" she sing-songed back over her shoulder.

(PS! No, we do not have a posting order, post at will!)

Re: Under Blue Skies [Open] - Shikei - 12-25-2012

Raising her hand to the back of her head once more, Genevieve gives the slightly smarting bump a quick rub before dropping her shoulders again and falling in line behind the others. Inwardly chiding herself, she closes her eyes and stands with squared shoulders beside the others one the fence. If this was how jumpy she was out here in the relative safety of the forest, just what was it going to be like in the dark? The thought of losing track of the others and dying alone and scared in the tunnels sent a quick shiver up her spine, and for a brief moment she considered apologizing to the others and taking her leave. But instead, she clenched her fists and took a deep breath. This was something that she wanted to do, that she had to do. Every journey begins with a single step, as long as you are brave enough to take it. At least that's what Aeron had always taught her.

Opening her eyes slowly, she gives her neck a crack to each side and looks down at Endemerrin, trying her put on her best game face. "Okay, I'm going to follow your lead, and try to stay out of the way. But if I jump into your lap suddenly like a giant, cowardly dog...please don't use me as an impromptu weapon."

Re: Under Blue Skies [Open] - Yssen - 12-25-2012

Hope tilted her head slightly as she looked Abai up and down a bit. "Well I suppose that means you get to come too. Maybe we will find you shoes." She turns and meanders down the path, eventually she whips herself around and walks backward. "I swing through trees and play phantom because that stuff is fun. Why are you overwhelmed that I am a girl?"

Hope adopts a puzzled look. "You can be overwhelmed, and underwhelmed. Why is no one just whelmed? Weird."

She keeps her pace until she reaches the camp, walks up to the fence, and turns to Genevieve. "I hit you with the rock, didn't I? Sorry about that."

Re: Under Blue Skies [Open] - Merri - 12-26-2012

Endemerrin drummed his fingers on the fence as he stared at Xenedra with a roguish grin and eyes that seemed to stare on for miles. Though he was clearly lost in thought, he was snapped out it as a few of the other party members began to gather around him. "Children?" He mused to Xenedra. "Well, I guess the opo-girl is a bit green behind the ears yet. Same with the big-" Endemerrin shut his trap and cast his gaze up at Genevieve as she approached, though the sun caught his eyes, causing him to squint slightly as he did his best to focus in on her face.

"You know, I'd be careful if I were you. Xenedra might bite you if you try and jump in my lap~" He spoke slyly as the roguish grin once again returned to his face. "Oh, and do me a favor, love," Endemerrin lifted his right arm from the fence and gently pointed to his left. "Mind moving juuust a bit to the left?" He brought the hand up above his eyes to help shield them from the sun. "The canopy isn't really doing it's job right now."

Re: Under Blue Skies [Open] - Shikei - 12-26-2012

Genevieve laughs and looks down at Hope with a wide smile. "That's quite alright Hope, I've been hit in the head with worse things, and by far worse people" she says, giving the spry girl a wink. Turning her gaze to Endemerrin, she looks a little confused, but does as she is told, her head and disheveled hair providing ample cover from the sun. "Like this?" she asks, still uncertain of just what she was doing.

Re: Under Blue Skies [Open] - Zesiro Ghalib - 12-26-2012

While the party was focused on the thickly accented women, Zesiro crept through the underbrush towards the camp. Once he was sure that he was out of sight, he emerged from the shrubs and calmly headed to the aetheryte.

Re: Under Blue Skies [Open] - Abaigeal - 12-27-2012

Abaigeal answered the young opo-opo-like girl's questions as best she could or as best as she wanted to rather. It was strange the young lass amazed her. She found her to be rather comical, and yet still had that youthful innocence about her. The kind of innocence that would forever find joys about life and always look to the brighter side. It was good that she still had it. Not many did these days...Abaigeal smiled to her with a hint of chortle before her attention was caught elsewhere.

One of the travelers in the party had paused as she passes by slowly. She had a uniquely pretty face and ears that were surrounded by the most vibrant of red hair ever. As it made roses pale in comparison. Abaigeal smiled in awe. Her own hair did that once...used to be long as well. She wasn't particularly envious of the graceful miqo'te until her emerald hues caught the lasses feet. It was her feet, that was what really caught her attention was the woman's taste in shoes. Fine and elegant gold gilded heels only the deepest color of midnight onyx. There was her jealouscy not that she would have shown it.

The miqo'te woman seemed to be the calm and level head one of the group. She had seemed to address herself and Hope. "Children? Twenty questions?" her head twisted to the side as the small opo-opo girl looked to her.

"Hmm? Oh Ah suppose that does? " She reached out ruffling the young lasses hair. "Ah don' know Hope...we'll have to see. Maybe perchance ye can help me pick a pair?" She offered a warm and gentle smile that painted over her features.

"Ah see! Well...Ah suppose if ye have fun. Ah can't say that Ah don' entirely blame ya. "Slowly and carefully she pace along the cobbled pathway with dainty barefooted steps that could make any dancer cry. It was almost a bit ironic that statement itself. Her gaze still lingering on the young lass. "Ah wouldn't say that Ah'm overwhelmed. Just a wee bit shocked...Ah honestly mistook ye for a lad. Yer short hair ashen blonde tresses and all. Not to mention yer mannerisms. Then again ye seem the type to be free spirited. It comes with having eyes of emeralds...Ah would know!" She cast a wink to the young girl as the Crimson haired miqo'te remind they all need keep up.

"Hmm...Ye ask a strange question lass...though Ah think the answer is...Ah think ye can in Eorzea..." She veiled her eyes with a rather impish smirk.

'Perhaps...Ah shall hang around for a wee bit longer...if anything the lass is amusing...'

((10 things I hate about you quote..with a 10 things I hate about you response with a twist~ Thank you Yssen I LOLed♥))

Re: Under Blue Skies [Open] - Vareal - 12-28-2012

Isaac ran a hand through his black, wavy hair as he watched the exchanges of the others in the group. He sighed slightly, feeling somewhat out of place. Though he would continue on the quest and accompany them into the Tam Tara Deepcroft, he had never spent much time with a group of people he hardly knew and was a little uneasy. His left ear twitched as he heard a rustle in the bushes again. He looked over the camp, at the different people gathered, idly gripping the knock of an arrow between the knuckles of his index and middle finger, allowing his bow to slide off his left shoulder and into his hand.

Isaac was slightly on edge and his scar burned slightly. He shook off the bad feeling he had and re-slung his bow over his shoulder. He rubbed his left arm trying to subdue the burning sensation and stepped away from the gate. They were close. He untied the small leather thong that held his tail around his waist, letting his tail out to its full length which oddly seemed just slightly too short for his height.

Isaac tilted his head back, raising his face to the sky, closed his eyes and took a deep breath basking in the sun light.