Hydaelyn Role-Players
Under Blue Skies [Open] - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Role-Play (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+--- Forum: Town Square (IC) (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: Under Blue Skies [Open] (/showthread.php?tid=1527)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Re: Under Blue Skies [Open] - Merri - 01-02-2013

The Midlander's eyes darted back and forth as he stared at his companions with an incredibly bored glaze over his face. He took a deep breath and exhaled sharply, shoulders sulking and head dropping in the process. He remained this way for a moment before abruptly snapping upright with a sudden energetic fury burning in his eyes.

Endemerrin cracked his fist into an open palm a few times as he hopped down from his perch on the fence. "Hey!" He thrust an arm up in the air and waved down the group. "Adventure waits for nobody!" A sly grin spread across his face before he spun around and gracefully vaulted himself over the fence. "Last one to the Deepcroft has to carry all the loot back by themselves!" He hunkered down into a focused martial stance as a gust of wind swirled about him momentarily before blasting off down the path with overwhelming speed, kicking up dirt and leaves in his wake. "Ahahahahaha~!" The monk's psychotic laughter slowly trailed off as he tore down the path.

Re: Under Blue Skies [Open] - Shikei - 01-02-2013

Watching Endemerrin curiously as he exhales, she leans closer and reaches out to touch his shoulder. "Are....are you oka..." she yelps suddenly as the Midlander snaps upright once more, looking flabbergasted as he energetically commences the operation, racing off down the trail at blazing speed. Shielding her eyes from the dust swirled up in his wake, she looks to the others for just a moment before racing down the trail after him. It wasn't that she minded hard work, having worked in Aeron's warehouse for so long, but she certainly didn't want to fall too far behind the one whose example she was hoping to follow. Bounding down the trail with long, powerful strides, Genevieve does her best to keep up with the fleet footed monk. Though nowhere nearly as fast as Endemerrin, Genevieve is still impressively fast on her feet, and likely hard to keep up with by natural means.

Re: Under Blue Skies [Open] - Xenedra - 01-06-2013

Xenedra forks a hand through her hair with a sigh and visually takes in the distance between herself and the rest of the crew. She flicks her shoulder and reaches behind her as the bow shifts forward, then plucks a certain set of notes off the attached harp. Those close-by are enveloped in blue swirls of notes and will feel perhaps lighter or more energized.

"I promise he's not actually crazy. Let's keep up, mm?"

With that, she takes up jogging after Endemerrin at a swift song enhanced pace, nearly comparable to the monk's.

Re: Under Blue Skies [Open] - Yssen - 01-07-2013

Hope shakes her head as she watches as Endermerrin take off laughing. "And I thought dad got weird..." She stretches looking over the rest of the group, and then scanning the crowd. An excited smirk washes across her face as finishes her the last of her notes. She shifts into a stance, and a pulse of win kicks up the dust at her feet. "Always wanted to try this. Dadoo always warned that this was a bit of a risky trick. Here goes..."

And with that, she is off like a streak.

Re: Under Blue Skies [Open] - Abaigeal - 01-10-2013

Making careful note of the other party members she followed along. Whether she was truly invited or not was not of consequence. Rather the young lass was rather humorous, paired with the crimson haired beauty they were more than enough to keep her interest. After all the Miqo'te lass had said to follow as long as she could keep up. And that she shall…especially if she stayed behind the woman in question. As if her shoes were not already the object of envy, the delicate step and gentle curvature of the rose headed lass's hips as she glided over the cobble stone was more than appealing.

The closer they moved to the fence Abaigeal noted that there was another miqo'te…a male. His tail was freed from it binding which caused her to blink in confusion. "Ah have to ask lad…why have yer tail bound as ye do? It seems a bit foolish to try and hide one true self? " She tilted her head curiously as her emerald hues danced over his form. He seemed to fiddle with his arm of sorts. It was hard to tell but she could have sworn she had caught a glimpse or two of what looked like –no—she was mistaken…but the way he rubbed his arm. "Pains there love?" She quirked a brow in concern.

Her attention however was drawn away as the rest of the party collected to join a ash blond who seemed extremely bemused by his rag tag travel companions. Her gaze wandered over him as well taking in details of sorts. Concern was written about his face as he stared back at the faces in the collective about him. One of the members a tall and skin the color of sky like the sea after the storm seemed to worry a bit herself. Her features seemed to sheepishly soften that was untill—

"Ahahahahaha~!"

The jovial sound broke the air sending everyone in the party into a bit of a shock. Abagieal couldn't help but chuckle as the crazy arse took off with his hands flailing about like overcooked noodle that could barley stay attached to a fork. "Are ye sure ye all are followin him? " The accented lass jested as she watched the man tear off down the road.

It wasn't long for the rest of the party to follow in suit. The Miqo'te crimson haired beauty gracefully took off after him. Abaigeal smiled as he assured the lad was not as banjaxed as she or the others could have thought.

"Aye! Is it a race ye want?" The dancer called out after the others as she hefted the hem of her skirt up enough to not interfere with the running. Scanning ahead Abaigeal took off bare calloused feet padding swiftly over the road as she kept a close pace with Hope.

"Yer Dadoo? What is that?..OH! ye mean yer Da!! " Abaigeal called out as she ran. "Over protective is he?" She smiled her gaze returning to the front of the pack . "The Miqo'te lass…can ye tell me about her? Or Can ye tell me about any of them for that matter? Perchance Ah should ask me self?"She shrugged.

Re: Under Blue Skies [Open] - Yssen - 01-10-2013

"Dadoo? Over protective? Maybe a little. He says I have problems being subtle. As for Red, I don't know her. She is on Father's watch list, along with our fearless leader Captain Whacky Laugh McNoodle Arms up there. Don't ask me why. His Big Eared Blue Majesty doesn't often choose to give me rhyme or reason to his task lists sometimes. Terribly mysterious to a bloody fault, that is him."

Hope placed her arms behind her head and shifted herself to jogging backward. She scrutinized the path and camp behind them for a few moments. "It does not matter really," she continued, turning toward the barefoot dancer again. "I figure his ever watchful eye has got it's golden gaze on someone or something else. Mhm. This seems to be something he isn't to worried about me being able to accomplish on my own. Billy. As for the others. Shy girl, archer boy, possible other things bumping around. I just met them, so you are possibly better off getting to know them yourself. My observation skills are decent, but Dad says I should often keep my opinions to myself."

Hope grins at Abaigael and turns to face the right way down the path.

"Given present circumstance I plan to have a little fun while doing as he asked, but I still plan on doing as he asked. This group seems ripe for fun, don't cha think? We can find more out together? THAT should be a lark. Hmmmmmm? Shall we catch up and make inquiry?"

Re: Under Blue Skies [Open] - Myllor - 01-10-2013

A man waits near the entrance to Tam-tara Deepcroft in sunglasses, a black haori, with a gold-thread lining kept together in the front by a black leather strap, and a tall collar obscuring the lower half of his face. Beneath it a Darksteel Breastplate is visible, with gold ornamentation. He wears black leather gauntlets, a pair of bowed darksteel metal shoulderguards with gold ornamentation, and shoes with darksteel plating on them, and black pants. His right hand is holding the hilt of a very large single edged sword that he rests on his shoulder, while his left arm is missing, and his sleeve drifts in the wind. His hair is swept up to the top of his head from both sides, streaked with grey, and his face is rough and beaten.

He waits quietly.

Re: Under Blue Skies [Open] - Zesiro Ghalib - 01-13-2013

Zesiro continued down the sun-dappled path towards the aforementioned Deepcroft. As Captain wacky-laugh McNoodle Arms dashed passed, he tried his very best not to turn around on the spot and forget the notion of ever working with these 'people'. However the lack of weight in his purse was a bit more pressing than his want to keep away from Eorzea's more interesting adventurers. With no small effort he swallowed his pride and continued to silently plod down the road.

Re: Under Blue Skies [Open] - Merri - 01-14-2013

Endemerrin shot a brief glance behind him before pushing onward with even more haste, jumping and rolling through downed trees and brush without so much as a single break in his gait. Before long, the domed roof of the deepcroft crept into view in the distance, which only served to push the Monk even further. The walled-in pathway that lead down to the deepcroft began to rapidly approach, yet still he kept the pace. At the last possible moment, Endemerrin leapt off the ground and vaulted through the air and over the stairs. A brief look of panic crossed over his face as he noticed the strange man standing at the entrance to the deepcroft.

"Heads up! Coming through!"

He slammed into the ground and slid across the loose gravel on the sides of his feet, kicking up a healthy shower of dirt and dust in front of him. As he just barely managed to skid to a halt, a massive draft of wind followed up behind him, violently blowing his hair and clothing about while stirring up the already thick cloud of dust even more.

"Whoops." He coughed out while wafting some of the dust away from his face with a hand. "Eheheh. Sorry."

Re: Under Blue Skies [Open] - Myllor - 01-14-2013

The man seems unfazed after watching the spectacle before him. He plants his blade in the ground, and begins to brush the dirt off his outfit. "What's the rush?"

The man looks Endemerrin over from behind his dark shades.

Re: Under Blue Skies [Open] - Xenedra - 01-16-2013

Xenedra catches up shortly after and easily slows her pace without all the mess and hullabaloo of the over-excited monk.

"Killing people today, are we, darling?" She smirks at Endemerrin and glances briefly at the haori-wrapped warrior. "Apologies, he's just a liiiittle excited."

--But wait. That goofy up-swept hair was awfully familiar... She turns her full attention back on the man that Endmerrin tried to run over, head tilted and brows knit ever so slightly in curiosity. Whilst peering his mostly covered face, she presses gently, "No hard feelings... yes?"

Re: Under Blue Skies [Open] - Zesiro Ghalib - 01-16-2013

Somehow Zesiro failed to notice the shock of red hair running past him on the forest path. It's likely due to the fact that he was still contemplating counting his losses, turning around, and finding a job that made more sense. No, he'd already spent money on potions and potables, he would have to see this job through to the end. He unsheathed the scimitar strapped at his hip to once again admire the fine craftsmanship of his new blade. He hadn't had it for very long, but it had served him well in cutting down a few over zealous Ixali.

He sheathed the blade as he saw the steps down to the Deepcroft come into view. He'd heard a few stories concerning the old Tam-tara Deepcroft, and unfortunately none of it was good. More than a few adventuring parties had never reported back from scouting missions into the old tombs, and rumors of necromantic rituals occurring in the catacomb spread quickly on the lips of adventurers and Gridanians alike. Zesiro certainly did not want to become one of the nameless adventurers lost to the Deepcroft, but even more than that he wanted more opportunities to cull creatures of the void.

Before he could even take the first few steps down towards the Deepcroft's proper entrance he saw the strange dusty-brown haired Hyur and the red-haired Miqo'te standing before a man he actually recognized. His spirits elated, he approached the group with vaguely less caution than before.

"Ho there!"

Re: Under Blue Skies [Open] - Yssen - 01-16-2013

Hope finishes scampering her way up to the entrance of the Deepcroft and rocks back and forth on her heals as she looks at those that have already arrived. She stops suddenly after a few moments, her eyes falling on the black clad stranger waiting at the entrance. She purses her lips ever so slightly and then unfurls them into a wry grin. "Do I know you, Mr. Brooding-Black- Dressed-Stranger-Man? Do you know me? No tricks now."

Hope giggles and flops against the wall imitating the dark armored stranger's previous "serious business" in a playful fashion. After a few moments she peeks her tongue out and makes a face, returning to a bit of giggling. "Being tricksy to a sweet little girl like me would just be ever so mean," she says in a sing song voice, stretching out into a more relaxed pose against the entrance. "Don't be mean. I have rocks and I know how to use them."

Re: Under Blue Skies [Open] - Myllor - 01-17-2013

Myllor turns his head to face the red haired miqo'te as she also comes careening into the entrance, albeit in a much more controlled manner. He chuckles briefly. "No, no hard feelings." He looks her over a moment as well, but is interrupted by the male miqo'te's entrance.

Zesiro comes down the path sheathing his familiar blade. He turns back to the two that already arrived. "Here with a whole party, eh?" As Zesiro pads in, he does a quick motions to a greeting, and responds. "Ho there, Zesiro. I see you're taking care of your blade."

He turns to the young girl that scampered in behind Zesiro. "You may. You're the child from Little Ala Mhigo. Hope, right?" He chuckles at the rocks comment. He looks around to the small party around him, and smiles unseen behind his collar.

He once more double checks the two that arrived before.

Re: Under Blue Skies [Open] - Shikei - 01-17-2013

Running down the path at a brisk pace, Genevieve smiles confidently for the first time. If there was anything that she had faith in, it was her strength that allowed her to push herself harder than many of her peers. But there is a limit to strength, and she looks dumbfounded as Xenedra and the others whisk past her easily, carried on the winds of her song. Furrowing her brow, she drops her gaze to the ground and pumps her arms and legs as hard as she can, determined at the very least to not be the last person to the entrance. Her brow dotted with the sweat that streaks into her eyes to bothersome effect, she closes her eyes and charges at full bore down the path, completely unaware of the ground dropping out from under her as she crests over the last rise in the path and over the first step of the stairs down. Flailing comically, she shrieks and tumbles headlong down the stairs like a clumsy bowling ball, her velocity carrying her on a collision course with Endemerrin.