Hydaelyn Role-Players
Under Blue Skies [Open] - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Role-Play (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+--- Forum: Town Square (IC) (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: Under Blue Skies [Open] (/showthread.php?tid=1527)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Re: Under Blue Skies [Open] - Xenedra - 01-17-2013

Xenedra's ears flick forward at the familiar voice of the would-be road kill, her eyes widen, and her jaw drops with the faintest of gasps. With a squeel, she vaults at Myllor, fully intending to hug the breath from him.

"Myllor~! We thought you were dead! When you didn't show up with the rest of us..!"

She squeels again, squeezing tightly enough to pop the man's head off his neck and sing-songs out happily, tears threatening, "Gods, I'm so glad you're ok~ ...What ARE you wearing?"

Re: Under Blue Skies [Open] - Myllor - 01-17-2013

"Then you are Xenedra and Endemerrin... by the gods, I thought you were all dead..." He drops his blade when she pulls him into a hug, and it plants itself in a stone used to pave the ground beneath them. "I... Wait, how did you survive? And where have you been?"

He looks down at his garb. "Alot... has changed."

Re: Under Blue Skies [Open] - Yssen - 01-17-2013

Hope giggles when she hears her name, and watches the reunion slightly impatiently. "Yup! That's me!" she says with a smile and several rapid nods. She waits for the reunion hug to finish before charging the black clad gentleman with a brief hug of her own. "Aurelion, right?" Hope says, flopping back against the Deepcroft entrance as she withdraws from the hug. "Different than the miner I remember. Dad still owes you for that thing doesn't he? You should probably remind him. It helps when you remind him. Anyway, fancy meeting you here. With these people." She looks around at the rest of the group before stretching her arms back behind her head and closing her eyes.

Re: Under Blue Skies [Open] - Abaigeal - 01-17-2013

It was strange the things the young blonde lass had to say. Some of it didn't make sense but it also made her question more about the young girl. Something told her this was one she would have to look out for. Certainly in the sense of looking after but more in the, the lass could be slipperier than a snake in the grass. Then again...hmm. There was just simply too much to process just yet. More clues and puzzles pieces would be needed to fit the bigger picture. 'What do ye mean by watch list? Ye some sort of law keeper?" She question scanning the girls face before looking off up a head the others and back.

"Red? Huh...that's a good one. As well as Captain Whacky Laugh McNoodle Arms. Yer a funny girl that's for sure. " She beamed a bright smile of earnest to the younger opo-opo like hyur lass. Only to have Hope catch her attention again.

"Ah see. Well, Ah suppose Ah will...maybe...if Ah stick around long enough." She chuckled slightly knowing full well that she was like the wind and often was fickle enough to change course or direction. Though for time being she found herself wanting to stay rooted. Not that she would admit that to anyone, especially not to strangers...and certainly not just yet. "well, it seems your Da and mine have a few things in common." She nodded as her step gained a bit of a skip to avoid a rather jagged and protruding stone in walk way; her remark was more toward the young girl and opinions as really the only things so far the two seemed to have in common besides being female was the fact that they seemed to have a sense of adventure and a wild streak that no one could take from them.

Flittering up from behind the younger lass Abaigeal's attention was caught by the taller lass who Hope dubbed as "Shy Girl" seemed to have miss stepped. The rest of the party had carried on in what seemed to be a conversation with "Tall Dark and Mysteriously Broody". "Oi! Ye alri—oh...that can't be good." Abaigeal winced as the gangly woman toppled arse over elbow in strange tumbling flailing ball of limbs and clothes. She pressed her lips tightly together to prevent the eruption of laughter that was threatening to escape. Only the laughter was quelled and replaced with a wide eyed look of disbelieve as the rolly-pollied female Roegadyn continued to careen toward the party that was perfectly lined up like living pins or planks to be bowled over.

"Oh no!! Heads up!!!Er...Some one catch her!" Abaigeal waved her arms about trying to catch someone, //anyone's// attention. Her pace quickening as she gripped her dulled sword tighter while she hiked her skirts higher in chase of the distressed woman. Glimpses of rather form fitting almost painted on shorts could be seen as well as the daggers she had strapped to her thigh. This might actually be a hint that there was more then what meets the eye to the russet headed stranger.

Re: Under Blue Skies [Open] - Zesiro Ghalib - 01-22-2013

Zesiro was just about to interrupt the absolutely charming reunion when he heard someone call out behind him. In a matter of mere moments he saw the woman practicing her barrel-rolls. Rather than let her ruin the reunion alone, he wanted in on that fun. Zesiro threw his body in the path of the boulder-woman as best he could and attempted to halt her advance. The resulting scene was a tangle of lanky limbs and loose traveling clothes. As much as he could manage, Zesiro untangled himself from Genevieve. Unfortunately for him, she was a bit sat on his tail. With a few tugs it came free.

"A thousand pardons Madame. I tried to break your fall, but the cards were not laid in my favour. I trust no harm has befallen you?" Zesiro flashed the woman a smile, and offered his hand in assistance. Expecting her to grasp his hand, Zesiro took a few quick glances around the room, trying to gauge the party.

Re: Under Blue Skies [Open] - Shikei - 01-22-2013

Her descent slowed by the impact with Zesiro, Genevieve crashes to the ground under the helpful Miqo'te groaning in pain. Struggling to her feet with Zesiro's help, she smiles lopsidedly and looks generally abashed. Her face looks sufficiently 'abashed' as well, a trickle of blood running from her nose and down the side of her head from under her hair. "Yeah! I'm fine. I was just...training my body to endure damage from falling down stairs!" she says between panting breathes, still winded from the run that sent her tumbling in the first place. Offering a handshake, she notices that her elbow is bleeding as well, as is her knee. "On second thought...I think I might need a doctor."

Re: Under Blue Skies [Open] - Mtoto Wamoto - 01-23-2013

As the band of motley adventures and misfits continued to mingle amongst themselves, a woman decorated in a long white field jacket and a matching cowled hood, which hid most of her dark complexion and facial features under shadows, began to make her descent down the cobbled steps leading to the entry way of the Deepcroft. The decorative buckler strapped to her left arm caught the diffused sunlight passing through the tree tops, reflecting the glare towards the two strangers locked in embrace. The sound of her chain mail leggings jingled with each step she took. As she passed the group, she glanced over at the commotion, giving them no more thought than any other stranger within this forest would. Approaching a man stationed nearby, she offered a nod to the guard. A soft, yet serious voice left her lips.

"Pray tell, what's the situation here?"

Re: Under Blue Skies [Open] - Myllor - 01-23-2013

Myllor nods to Hope. "Yes, though I haven't seen him since then. I'll remind him."

He returns his attention to Xenedra. "But you haven't answered any of my questions, where have you all been? You just vanished that day at the Carteneau Flats-" He is interrupted by the careening female Roegadyn, and starts to move before seeing Zesiro position himself to 'catch' her. She is larger than she looked. He moves Xenedra away from it by her shoulders so the commotion did not crash into her.

He finally remembers to let go of Xenedra as he shields his eyes from a glare a newcomer accidentally reflected into the pairs faces. He ducks out of the glare, and begins to pace towards the tangle of people from the accident. Yet before he gets a chance to step away from the wall, he turns back to retrieve his blade from the stone it had lodged itself in. After the Miqo'te blinding him makes her entrance, he takes a good look at her face from behind his shades. "Oy, so Mtoto was with you!"

He paces away from the disheveled pile of human bowling pins, and paces over to interrupt Mtoto. "Still all business, I see..?" He looks her over curiously.

As Mtoto continues her discussion with the posted sentry, she is stopped in mid-speech upon Myllor's inquiry. She turns to face the man, and upon seeing him, narrows her gaze at the stranger as she looks upon him with an icy glare of dismay in response to his abrupt interruption.

"...Can I help you?"

Myllor reels back slightly, as if Mtoto had just stabbed him. He pauses for a moment, before leaning forward again, and addressing the Miqo'te he'd confused for Mtoto.

"I'm sorry, I believe I've confused you with an acquaintance of mine from close to seven bells ago. Her name was Mtoto Wamoto." He nods a brief apology, before turning to head back to the others.

Mtoto quirks a brow, curiosity soothing her face ever so slightly. As Myllor begins to walk away from her, she ponders for a moment as she watches him move away, staring him down from head to toe and back again taking in the visual details of the man. Without realizing it, she reaches out with one hand calling out to Myllor.

"You there! Hold! Tell me how is it you know of that name."

She begins to pace forward but snaps back to her senses and stops after one step.

Myllor pauses and looks back, quizzically. She sure acts like Mtoto...

"As I have said, she was a close acquaintance of mine some seven cycles ago. Like most of my friends, she disappeared approximately five cycles ago. Why?"

He looks back over his shoulder at the Miqo'te, scanning her several times from head to tail. I'm 80% sure that's Mtoto, but I've seen doppelgangers before...

Once again, she narrowed her brow. As she moved to speak in response, she was quickly interrupted before words could leave her lips.

*eherm* "Ma'am...as we were. If you would be so kind as to follow me so we may proceed with the issue at hand. As it stands, there are s-..."

As her attention snapped back to the matter at hand, Mtoto turned to face the sentry once more after looking back at Myllor one last time before turning to follow the guard further into the Deepcroft. As she walked away, she peered from the corner of her eye back to the man, wondering who he was and how he knew her name.

Show Content

"Ms. Wamoto, did you get that?"

She turned her focus back to the young sapling of a Wood Wailer walking alongside her who had been talking for some time now while Mtoto listened passively, obviously distracted with something. "Aye. So you say that a detachment was sent here to deal with the cultists bastards and have yet to return? About how long ago was that?" The man nodded as he listened before counting off on one hand, "Three...perhaps four bells ago now." "And no contact has been made since then?", she eyed the lad with a mixed expression of doubt and disappointment. "No ma'am. We lost contact with them roughly two and a half bells ago. Before communication over the linkpearl ceased, there were sounds of heavy combat and spells being fired off. From the details we could gather before that, they sounded as if they were already deep within the depths of the Deepcroft at that point." She nodded, taking in the information as it came. "And what of the girl? Have you received any details regarding her?" "None, Ma'am."

Mtoto let out a sigh of clear disappointment, "I suppose it can't be helped given the timing of the current Ixali attack on Hyrstmill...I take it your orders are to stand guard and wait for the party to return?" The Elezen nodded, "Unless my orders have changed, I haven't been told otherwise." The two reached a point in the dungeon path lit only by the torches burning from their cradles in the walls. Mtoto nodded one last time to the Wailer. "Right then. I'll take it from here. I'll find your comrades and the girl and bring them back in one piece. I give you my word." He offered a salute, nodding in turn, "You have my thanks. Twelve watch you."

As the two parted ways, and the sentry began returning to his post at the entrance, Mtoto waved back as she continued down the dimly lit hall alone, adjusting her gloves and clenching her fists into a tight ball.

*Use the NPC sentry as you wish.

Re: Under Blue Skies [Open] - Yssen - 01-23-2013

Hope turns her attention to Abaigeal and giggles a bit. "Law keeper? Mmmmm no. Not so much. He is a fan of watch lists. I'm glad ya find me funny though. No one seems to get me sometimes, so it is refreshing." Hope laughs a bit again, still looking at Abaigeal. "Oh? Is your dad a bit blue box of 'what-the-hell-are-you-making-me-do-this-for' too?"

Hope slips herself up onto a bit of a ledge and perches, watching as the Shy Girl tumbles and the Newcomer Cat Boy tried to catch her with somewhat disastrous. She quirks her lips a bit and flops herself back down from her perch after the dust settles. She takes a keen interest in the exchange between Aurelion and the one he calls Mtoto. She paces a bit before, tapping her chin with her index finger. When the mi'qote woman has descended into the darkness below she flops herself on the steps and lays backward on the ground in front of the entrance.

"Well that was certainly... intersting. Everyone okay back there?" Hope's cadences her query in a very sing song fashion, eventually pulling up a suitable blade of grass. "Who is the Newcomer again? And for that matter Mr. Miner, what the heck are you doing here?"

Hope idly plays a tune, using the blade of grass as a whistle, while she waits for people do be done with their reunions and explanations.

Re: Under Blue Skies [Open] - Xenedra - 01-23-2013

"I think those questions are better left for later, don't y-" Xenedra halts mid sentence and blinks as Myllor shifts her aside by the shoulders. A quick glance behind clarifies why and she grins at Myllor in appreciation. "She's... new."

She wanders over to help up the two fallen members of her party, though her ears, if one would notice such a thing, are conspicuously trained backward toward Myllor's conversation with "Mtoto." Curious... After helping the two to their feet, she catches Endemerrin's attention and nods him over to her. "Looks like we'll need to lay some ground rules for the kiddies. Including no running ahead, hmmm~?" She jabs him in the shoulder with a a finger... the right shoulder.