Hydaelyn Role-Players
PuRP (Pick up RP) organizing - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: PuRP (Pick up RP) organizing (/showthread.php?tid=15276)

PuRP (Pick up RP) organizing - ExAtomos - 02-16-2016

Hey Everyone,

I've been tossing around this idea of setting up some simple "pick up RP" so that new members can meet and get involved with the others in the FC and also so that if folks are bored, they can find someone to roleplay with. Here is the write up I posted to our forum:

Show Content

Ok,so thus far, the response from the FC has been very positive. Now I find myself with this half-baked idea and am not sure how to make it happen. I'd kind of gotten as far as posting some PSAs to the FC chat and having people contact me through tells or mog mail, but now I'm thinking this may take a bit more work than I expected.

Does your FC have something like this going? Any suggestions are appreciated!

RE: PuRP (Pick up RP) organizing help needed - chansee - 02-16-2016

I'm in love with this idea, if you need help coordinating anything I'd be more than willing to help. Just send me a PM! 
Also lemme get that FC invite  Big Grin

RE: PuRP (Pick up RP) organizing help needed - ExAtomos - 02-16-2016

(02-16-2016, 12:37 PM)chansee Wrote: I'm in love with this idea, if you need help coordinating anything I'd be more than willing to help. Just send me a PM! 
Also lemme get that FC invite  Big Grin

lol! Here's the basic info on my FC if you want to take a look. We are open. I'll look for you in game. Scratch that... your character name isn't posted. XD You look for me (or Valia Rosa) or swing by Goblet ward 1, plot 53.

Still looking for suggestions! I'm sure some of y'all have similar PuRP out there.

RE: PuRP (Pick up RP) organizing help needed - Nebbs - 02-16-2016

I'd fully support this.

However, interest gets patchy and folks move on. I have witnessed this on similar initiatives. Though I think if you have a veriaty alow it to be organc and maybe use or link with other RP support  (eg taverns) then it could be sustained.

RE: PuRP (Pick up RP) organizing help needed - ExAtomos - 02-16-2016

(02-16-2016, 01:01 PM)Nebbs Wrote: I'd fully support this.

However, interest gets patchy and folks move on. I have witnessed this on similar initiatives. Though I think if you have a veriaty alow it to be organc and maybe use or link with other RP support  (eg taverns) then it could be sustained.

Thanks Nebbs!

Yeah, I'm definitely seeing it as a drop in and out kind of thing... very short or one sitting RP that fills a bit of time. I'm looking mostly to help bring new members into things so they don't feel left out.

Your suggestion to latch onto other established RP "places" is a good one!

RE: PuRP (Pick up RP) organizing - ExAtomos - 04-28-2016

Reviving my old thread for some written brainstorming I've been doing lately.

I'm wondering if there are RP 'hotspots' of sorts. Like folks RPing Ala Mhigan refugees or those working with them down in Little Ala Mhigo, some Garleans hanging out at CWW or some other Imperial outpost, fighters in the Gladiator or Pugilist Guilds, hunters in Tailfeather, Duskwights skulking... somewhere, etc.

Of my main characters, Tin is most suited to casual RP. (He's going to be bartending over at the new Roe HQ, so feel free to drop by for a drink!) I do have a couple others suitable, but I'm still working on making them more full-fledged personalities rather than just background characters to my mains.

Now I'm kinda wondering if this would be better termed "Pop Up RP" since it makes more sense to go set up in a location, then put up a PF welcoming anyone interested in whatever theme we got going on at the time.

/endbrainstorming

RE: PuRP (Pick up RP) organizing - Maril - 04-28-2016

I think you're onto something good with pop-up RP at certain locations. I do see RP out in the world here and there, usually on accident - it's hard to tell if somewhere is a concurrent "hub" so to speak or if it's just a one-off happenstance. To announce it in Partyfinder is still something I consider to be "brave" because I'm always paranoid about griefers, but it'd be a good way to convey something like that. The alternative would be have something akin to the old "Roleplay-happening-right-now"-thread, where you simply bump it anytime you go IC in a location. 

I've got a pretty versatile set of characters, so I wouldn't mind randomly showing up for something like that.

RE: PuRP (Pick up RP) organizing - ExAtomos - 04-28-2016

(04-28-2016, 04:51 PM)Nailah Wrote: I think you're onto something good with pop-up RP at certain locations. I do see RP out in the world here and there, usually on accident - it's hard to tell if somewhere is a concurrent "hub" so to speak or if it's just a one-off happenstance. To announce it in Partyfinder is still something I consider to be "brave" because I'm always paranoid about griefers, but it'd be a good way to convey something like that. The alternative would be have something akin to the old "Roleplay-happening-right-now"-thread, where you simply bump it anytime you go IC in a location. 

I've got a pretty versatile set of characters, so I wouldn't mind randomly showing up for something like that.

Hopefully griefers are too lazy to go all the way to some backwoods ARR location. Wink (If they do show up, we could just treat them like crazy people. xD )

As for open world RP that I stumble into... I'm never sure if it's open or not. It could be some FC's RP night or some other group with an ongoing (ie closed) story arc that I don't wanna mess up.

We could try a "RP Now" thread, but I'd still use the PF for those who (like me) are on consoles and may not be actively online on a computer/phone right then. But I would love to have someone post here as well!

I have a couple characters that would be out and about for various reasons; would be nice to dust em off.
Moogle