Hydaelyn Role-Players
[NSFW] The Trail [Closed RP - OOC Welcome] - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Role-Play (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+--- Forum: Town Square (IC) (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: [NSFW] The Trail [Closed RP - OOC Welcome] (/showthread.php?tid=15845)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: [NSFW] The Trail [Closed RP - OOC Welcome] - Lumin - 04-19-2016

Victim 11

The world was slowly coming into focus around her. The lights were bright and the setting all too familiar the more she was able to make of her surroundings. The room was colorful and warm. The feel of the bed was welcomed at her back. It almost made her forget -when- she was. It almost made her instinctively smile and wonder how time had been turned back. But just as quickly did she note things that were wrong. There were webs in the furthest reaches of corners. There was dust on things not moved or handled in two years. There were belts that restrained her to a bed that was once hers. This was her room. This was Ludovic’s Gridanian estate. This was her home.

Her arms gave a jerk, but the belts were tough and secure. Her legs tested and the same bit into her ankles. Her body felt bare, but that was only because she had grown so accustomed to wearing the leathers that covered her body so thoroughly. What she wore was not even baring at all.

She had been dressed, at some point, into something that was not her own and never had been. Aside from the stitching that repaired it, the dress was extravagant and fit her snugly. It was the sort of dress she might have once dreamed of wearing. But now? This was anything but a dream.

Ehvar approached, smiling down after her with a face that no longer was full of blood. “I thought you would never come back, Lissy. I was getting bored playing with replacements. I was starting to wonder if you would ever notice.”

“Let me go, Ehvar,” M’lissa demanded.

“And let you run away from your special day?” Ehvar laughed as he caressed the woman’s cheek. He marveled how she shook beneath his touches. Though, what he saw as her being shy and timid was in fact her being terrified of what was to come. “This is all for you, Lissy. Our special day. I want to make sure you enjoy every second of it. Until the very end.”

RE: [NSFW] The Trail [Closed RP - OOC Welcome] - desmond28 - 04-19-2016

The images that entered Paul’s mind now were not good. Gridania? And he had to make his way from Limsa Lominsa. It made him think that he should have used alternate means to get to Lissa. After what seemed like hours, Paul finally found the manor that was abandoned, just as Leto said it would be. So this is where it all happened. It was a fitting location, because it would end here. But not for Lissa or Desmond, it would end for Ehvar.

Standing before the manor Paul looked it up and down once. Then he said in a whisper, “See you soon, Ehvar.”

Paul rushes up to the manor and in one devastating kick knocks the door open in splinters. It drew the attention of two individuals inside. They quickly made their way to him and they weren’t asking questions.

The first used hand to hand to attack Paul, but he blocked once, then twice, and in the second block unsheathed a blade and swiped at the individual’s throat. He watched his life leave his body all over the floor.

The second now approached Paul with a set of daggers. He blocks two swipes, dodges a third, counters with a slash at the target’s belly. He screams in pain and then the blade silences him as it pierces his skull from his lower jaw.

Now Paul listens carefully for any noises, something that would indicate where Ehvar was holding Lissa.

Up the stairs and down one lengthy hall, there was a room that possessed what Desmond sought after. Raspy breaths were all that could have been heard by one with exceptional hearing. But the other target had already made it to the top of the stairs. His hands, with the metal fists still strapped securely over his knuckles, were bloody. His clothing was disheveled and he was still patiently fixing it over his body when he watched the last of his men fall at the inspector’s hands.

“Not even knocking? No orders from your superiors? Nothing official at all. It is almost as if this is a personal affair to you,” Ehvar pointed out as he smiled down towards the man. But before the inspector could engage, he would caution. “Ah-ah… I have a proposal to make.”

“The game I have with you.. I will consider it over. I will be done. If you let me leave now.” The grand smile remained on his face as he started his way down the stairs. “Or you could fight me. Let loose your beast. Show me your darkness. I know it is there. But.. if this is as personal as I think it is.. Could you chance losing her?”

A hand was extended outwards towards Desmond, but from a couple steps away. “Agree and we shake on it. Proper business and the like. Or.. will you show me what you really are?”

A fierce look was given to Ehvar from the bottom of the stairs. Paul’s eyes reflected weeks of torment that was in possession of the victim’s before they died, save Synverva. He didn’t answer Ehvar’s mocking questions. It was pointless and further, Paul was not going to let him think he was in control. He didn’t hesitate in his reply, however.

“I need to know she’s alive. So before you try and be my psychologist, why don’t you be a good negotiator and show me proof of life. After that, then we’ll talk.”

He takes a couple steps toward the stairs and then stops. “Oh, and one more thing. I better like what I see.”

Ehvar’s brows gave a rise upon his forehead. He looked amused where he stood, hand still outstretched a second or so longer as though he expected Desmond to suddenly change his mind and take the deal. But that did not happen and soon the hand was taken back and shoved into his pockets even with the blood that clung to them. “That was not really the offer I made,” he spoke up.

“You have to make the choice, inspector. I will not repeat myself.” Ehvar already moved to walk around the man -- giving enough space between them so he could keep watch for any sudden moves -- for what it was Paul would decide. Judging from his movements, Ehvar planned to simply leave out for the door if Desmond chose to continue up the stairs. “And, just so you know, I will not make the offer again.”

A moment of silence and perhaps even tension was in the air. Had they guns this would be one hell of a standoff. Finally, Paul doesn’t give the male more room for his escape. Instead he works his coat off and, at the same, calling out.

“Lissa!” He yells. “Do you hear me? I’ll be right upstairs, I promise.” He hoped that somehow she could make some noise for him.

Now that Paul’s coat has fully hit the floor a blade is revealed at the back of his waist, though he does not draw it. His hand merely rests on the hilt. He glares for a moment at Ehvar.

“Alright, let’s dance you and I.”

It was impossible to tell if there was any life up the stairs. There were no words to answer Desmond with. That silence only caused Ehvar to smile wider. He watched how the inspector dropped away his coat. He took note of a weapon he was not all too surprised to spot.

“I knew you had it in you,” Ehvar replied, excitedly. His hands were removed from his pockets and he glanced down to the metal that braced his knuckles fondly. When a button was pressed in by his thumbs, spikes that had been folded down into the metal valley were extended out and at the ready. The button was kept pressed in and the release was likely elsewhere on the setup.

“Come then. Ladies first,” the dark miqo’te called forth in tease as he fell into proper stance -- though it was very lax and loose. His fingers curled in towards himself, beckoning for the inspector to press forward first.

Nothing was heard. But he had to believe that she was still alive. He had to believe that If she could speak that she would have Paul end this. And really, he didn’t trust Ehvar to keep some deal made with authorities. Would Lissa be able to sleep knowing he could just change his mind at any moment? No… he couldn’t accept that. But he could accept the offer to go first.

“Thank you,” Desmond replies mockingly. He draws the three foot katana out, a traditional Doman swordsman weapon. He poises himself, feet planted where they needed to be, and then he arcs the blade in an upward motion as he steps once forward. An easy enough attack to block, but it would pack incredible force behind it based on his footwork.

As Ehvar swept himself low to avoid the first swipe, his movements should have been very familiar. Even the way he followed through with the motion to close the distance was the same. But unlike that familiarity, he did not make to strike the inspector. He did not even take a swing. Instead, sliding narrowly around his side, he gave the sword-wielding arm a shove just enough to angle it away from the side he maneuvered himself to. Though, from an onlooker, it looked as though he were simply playing with his opponent and giving an abrupt shove that only looked softer than it was. There was still enough force behind it meant to try and knock the other man off-balance.

“Did you know she used to dance?” Ehvar asked in a friendly tone as though they were having a chat sat around a campfire. “It is a shame you might never see it -- You never will as I have.”

Because of his footwork, Paul did not topple over. But rather than resist the force of the push, he used it in a spin to rotate his body and bring his leg up to plant in Ehvar’s face. It almost seemed as if it was planned, the way he accepted the opposing force and threw it right back at his opponent.

“This will go a whole lot easier if you just give up now. Just lay down your weapons and surrender.”

Ehvar’s hands were thrown up hardly in time to catch the foot aimed for his face. A hit there would have been very unfortunate. His head was still throbbing with pain from this encounter with the wretch that undoubtedly took Mere away from him. The bloodied coeurl was just another sad memory for him to push aside for now. There was nothing that could be done about it -- least of all by dwelling on it. As the foot pressed with such force, the weight hit the switch at the palm of his hands. There was a reason the switch was there, after all. If it had not been, when he made the move to catch the foot and the weight shoved his own hands at his face, the spikes would have been rammed into his own face.

The spikes snapped back down and he was forced to skid back along the floor a few inches from the force of the kick. It only made him grin more and more. The inspector did not want to talk, but he was talking with him all the same with his body. “You have seen her dance. I can tell. -- Just not the same sort I was talking about. -- And let us be honest here.. You do not want a peaceful end to this. If you did, you would have just let me walk away, Inspector. You need it to be this way.”

The limb was not shoved back, but allowed to drop down when he suddenly released it and tucked in his body back and away. A click sounded. The spikes were back into play as he took his first swing aimed for the side of the inspector’s torso. Another followed immediately after regardless of if the first connected or not, this one aimed much higher towards the opposite side of his body, at Desmond’s neck and towards the back of his head.

He refused to answer his taunts. In fact, he wouldn’t. It was a very basic rule not to reply to those you are interrogating. And that is what Paul would do before this test of each other’s defenses escalated.

The blow came full swing at him, his sword connected with the spikes to parry the attack but another quickly came for his neck. He crouched, spun, and swiped his leg at Ehvar’s to knock him down on his back.

“What I need is for you to face the penalty for your crimes. I know what happened in that storehouse. Mere says hi. Did you know she was still breathing when I left to come find you?”

The swipe came and Ehvar did make an effort to catch the leg as he had before. However, there was a problem. The swing came from his left side -- where his vision was lacking and thus his hand slipped right past and failed in the attempt to defend himself or grapple his enemy. He landed down hard enough that it took the wind out of him for a second-- long enough to cause him to chuckle in amusement at the turn of events.

That laugh was brief and quickly snubbed away after Desmond spoke. The man who did not want to play his game apparently decided to play his own. The friendly look was quickly leaving his golden eyes as they focused in on the inspector before him. He quickly got to his feet as he growled out his next words, furious, “If you are bluffing, I will have your tongue out of that pretty mouth of yours.”

He doesn’t press the advantage, at least not physically. Paul remains poised for Ehvar’s undoubted next attack. But he does press the verbal advantage.

“A young boy… Leto I think it was. He mentioned she was still breathing. And that’s the thing,” he says with quite a grin. “She was breathing until I helped her take her last breath. Tch, tch, poor thing was gurgling in her breaths. But she’s quiet now. Just like those girls you did.”

Ehvar felt everything drop away. It felt as though the color had all but left his face for a moment. His fingers felt numb, but they soon clenched with anger. It caused the spikes to drop down. It wasn’t what he intended. It was just the rage that fueled him in his next actions. Just like when the woman, Synerva, first hurt Mere and he was in shock -- when he struck down at her face as hard as he could manage when he did not want to go that far so quickly. Desmond nudged that balance and it did more than go off kilter. It collapsed all together.

It was with that anger-- a blind rage that he launched himself forward. The force with which he used was not held back and each blow he surged forward was meant to do more than just taunt -- more than just hurt. And even though the advance was not as planned, the moves were still calculated. Years of training guaranteed that. The same training that had been done to control his emotions, however, did have its limits. Not everyone knew of his weak spot for the creature. Those that did knew not to tread on it.

Now that he was on the attack, he did not just focus on his prized fists that were his trademark in the murders. His legs too were used in an effort to break the man down a foot or two if the swings had not done that already. He would attempt to deliver a kick into Desmond’s shin to bring him down a notch. Gods willing, he would make good on his promise to rip that tongue from his gaping mouth soon enough.