Hydaelyn Role-Players
Official RPC Census 2016 - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Forum Announcements (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: Official RPC Census 2016 (/showthread.php?tid=15961)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: Official RPC Census 2016 - Kage - 04-26-2016

I already answered that in the end interpreted it as it was intended. The main point is that it wasn't just myself that took more than just a simple glance at the question to read it and interpret it differently.

RE: Official RPC Census 2016 - Arrelaine - 04-26-2016

(04-26-2016, 11:51 AM)Telluride Wrote:
(04-26-2016, 11:46 AM)Klinzahr Wrote: I was a little sad to see that there was no Medic/Healer option for the question about how characters support themselves.... guess I'm going with other.

There wasn't an option for Performer/Entertainer, either. The closest one was mercenary.

Considering the number of performer-based guilds that have greatly emerged in 2016, I see it as an omission.
I just put it on other.

RE: Official RPC Census 2016 - ExAtomos - 04-26-2016

Lol, in the spirit of 'guess the census'... here's my guesses!

Show Content

RE: Official RPC Census 2016 - Faye - 04-26-2016

Done! Curious to see the results

RE: Official RPC Census 2016 - Mia Moui - 04-26-2016

Completed.

I will mention this survey on my blog for those RPC people that follow me.

RE: Official RPC Census 2016 - Loki - 04-26-2016

I am hurt by the lack of Halfbreed as an option for race! :<

RE: Official RPC Census 2016 - Menelwen - 04-26-2016

(04-26-2016, 01:14 PM)Ravij Wrote: I am hurt by the lack of Halfbreed as an option for race! :<

Just go with the race that your character model is imo.

Also, done.

(04-26-2016, 01:16 PM)Menelwen Wrote:
(04-26-2016, 01:14 PM)Ravij Wrote: I am hurt by the lack of Halfbreed as an option for race! :<

Also, done.

Eh, I did. But I was under the assumption; given from most of the census questions, that it was about your actual character as you envision them and not just what the game gives you. :P

RE: Official RPC Census 2016 - Warren Castille - 04-26-2016

(04-26-2016, 01:18 PM)Loki Wrote:

Also, done.

Eh, I did. But I was under the assumption; given from most of the census questions, that it was about your actual character as you envision them and not just what the game gives you. Tongue

Keeper of the Moon
Keeper / Highlander
Keeper / Midlander
Keeper / Dunesfolk Lalafell
Keeper / Plainsfolk Lalafell
Keeper / Seeker of the Sun
Keeper / Xaela
Keeper / Raen
Keeper / Hellsguard
Keeper / Sea Wolf
Keeper / Wildwood
Keeper / Duskwight
Keeper / Ishgardian

Highlander
Highlander / Midlander
Highlander / Dunefolk

...etcetera, etcetera. The listings for this specific question would be longer than the rest of the test, and would likely only garner a tiny handful of replies to make it worthwhile.

(04-26-2016, 01:25 PM)Warren Castille Wrote:
(04-26-2016, 01:18 PM)Loki Wrote:

Also, done.

Eh, I did. But I was under the assumption; given from most of the census questions, that it was about your actual character as you envision them and not just what the game gives you. Tongue

Keeper of the Moon
Keeper / Highlander
Keeper / Midlander
Keeper / Dunesfolk Lalafell
Keeper / Plainsfolk Lalafell
Keeper / Seeker of the Sun
Keeper / Xaela
Keeper / Raen
Keeper / Hellsguard
Keeper / Sea Wolf
Keeper / Wildwood
Keeper / Duskwight
Keeper / Ishgardian

Highlander
Highlander / Midlander
Highlander / Dunefolk

...etcetera, etcetera. The listings for this specific question would be longer than the rest of the test, and would likely only garner a tiny handful of replies to make it worthwhile.
 Actually it could all be consolidated into a single option such as:

Quote:Halfbreed: __________

Just like there was a similar option where you can select Other: _________ for primary class and Primary Source of Income.

RE: Official RPC Census 2016 - Kylin - 04-26-2016

Going to take a moment to address a few concerns brought up in public and/or private to go on record. Originally, I was just going to mostly ignore the concerns, because let's face it...you can NEVER please everyone and I've already been down these socio-political debates in the past (anyone old enough to remember the bloodbath that nearly happened when "pansexual" was left off the initial options?)

Regarding alts:
There have been multiple concerns that the lack of including alts will "skew the results." I strongly disagree and actually have the complete opposite view. The inclusion of alts is what would skew results. Not everyone has alts. Thus, someone with alts would essentially have more 'voting power' than someone without alts. On the other side of the spectrum, if someone with multiple alts (such as myself) has a character for every race, that effectively negates your vote since every race is selected. The lack of inclusion of alts in this census is, in SE's terms, working as intended. Should someone not have a character that they consider their "main," then they can select one at random or however they wish. There is, after all, nobody that's going to challenge them on which one their main is or isn't.

Regarding profession options:
There are a TON of possible IC professions that one can have. To put them all down would be near impossible. Nothing was purposely omitted. The survey went before a group of peers (mods and patrons) to review before being published and nothing was disputed aside from the desire to add more specific questions and a single option to one of the existing questions. Should a suitable option not be present, the other option exists solely for that purpose. I will be the poor sap that sifts through those fill in the blank responses to tally up and should something be written in enough, I will add it into its own subcategory in the final results.

Regarding the lack of Ala Mhigo/Gyr Abania, Doma/Othard:
This was actually a mistake and these options should have been included. I apologize for not including them. The original question/responses were pretty much copied over from the 2013 census, when these regions were virtually unknowns to us at the time and thus weren't included back then. Please select "other" for these options and we can hold a separate forum poll to figure out where the "others" actually hail from.

Regarding other topics:
--The final question was worded poorly, and I apologize for that. It was literally added last minute (just a mere 20 minutes prior to the poll going live in fact).
--Halfbreeds are not included in this census for two reasons: To list every combo, as Warren stated, would make both the survey itself and the final numbers look absolutely atrocious. And simply adding a "halfbreed" option would have negated part of the reason behind this particular question: to find out what race is most actively played among RPers.
--Finally, this census has two intended purposes. First is to help foster a sense of community to some degree within the RPC. This is being accomplished by the fact that people are taking genuine interest in what everyone else beyond their doormat is doing out there and the fact that people are actually excited/enthusiastic about something like this happening on the RPC. Second, this is meant to provide data to all RPers to see what's popular and what's not.

Let's keep the socio-political stances on options and how things are phrased out of all this please Big Grin . This is for fun and data collection, nothing else. Nobody is getting paid to do this, nobody is being oppressed, and so on so forth. This is all entirely optional, and should something not be up to someone's personal needs/wants, most questions can be skipped.

Thanks again to all who have contributed. We're up to 140 responses now (over my personal goal)!

RE: Official RPC Census 2016 - Valence - 04-26-2016

(04-26-2016, 12:09 PM)Kage Wrote: I already answered that in the end interpreted it as it was intended. The main point is that it wasn't just myself that took more than just a simple glance at the question to read it and interpret it differently.

Pretty much. At first I thought answer 2) meant that you are not the WoL but are still part of the story of the WoL and affect it, and answer 3) is not acknowledging your own character part in the MSQ.

Which is why I picked up 3. Now I see I got it totally wrong...

RE: Official RPC Census 2016 - Warren Castille - 04-26-2016

(04-26-2016, 01:43 PM)Kylin Wrote: The survey went before a group of peers (mods and patrons) to review before being published

omg catering to patons you bastard favoritism favoritism

In seriousness, thank you for handling this project again! It wasn't necessary but is highly welcome, and thoughtful to boot.

RE: Official RPC Census 2016 - Kylin - 04-26-2016

Another addendum: I am not able to modify poll responses. However, if you messed up for some reason or another due to misunderstanding something or whatever, feel free to PM me and I can delete your individual survey entirely and you can redo it. This is assuming you do not have the link to edit your response of course.

RE: Official RPC Census 2016 - As'elena - 04-26-2016

I filled in the survey as closely as I could for As'elena!