Hydaelyn Role-Players
Ragnarok: Primal Judgement {Saturday Weekly! 7 PM EST} - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Roleplay Events (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+---- Forum: Chronicled Events (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+---- Thread: Ragnarok: Primal Judgement {Saturday Weekly! 7 PM EST} (/showthread.php?tid=15994)

Pages: 1 2

Ragnarok: Primal Judgement {Saturday Weekly! 7 PM EST} - Garza Redwing - 04-28-2016

"They say that when the moon devours sun out of season, it marks the beginning of a great period of bloodshed..."

Murmurs can be heard all throughout the city-states of a solar eclipse growing ever closer and out of season, causing panic among mages, astrologians, and scholars alike. Only an immensely powerful magic could cause something this unusual to happen out of season and with our prior knowledge of similar events, all signs point toward the rebirth of a primal in it's strongest known form!

[Image: sIjfvew.jpg]

Information:
This is an In Character event revolving around hunting the primal Ifrit. We will be doing Ifrit Extreme unsynced following a RP in which our characters will find out that the Amal'jaa have gathered enough crystals to recreate their primal. It will be taking off at 7:00 PM US Eastern

Defeating Ifrit in this fight does not render him defeated forever. Other adventurers may still come along and fight and defeat Ifrit. For the purpose of this event, however, he will be considered out of commission for some arbitrary amount of time.

Characters may use any way they see fit to decipher that the primal being reborn is Ifrit. At the beginning of the event, characters will know that a primal is being reborn, however, no one will know which one it is. A character who is an astrologian may use the stars to tell them. A scholar may use books. So on, so forth as long as it does not break any other character's lore.

Multiple characters of the same class may come. No class discrimination.

In the off chance that we are unable to kill the primal and are defeated, the task will roll around to the next week where we will try again. If there are a large amount of people interested in participating, we will set up multiple parties which for the sake of roleplay, will be considered one large alliance.

Applying to Ragnarok:
If you are interested in participating in Ragnarok, simply send Garza Redwing a /tell in game or post that you are interested in this thread. After you have applied, your name will be listed on this page as a hunter. As I stated before, all combat classes are welcome (including players who don't use Job Stones.) and multiples of the same classes are acceptable so bring everything you've got.

Party List:
  1. Garza Redwing
  2. S'imba Tia
Event Protocol:
At 7:00 PM US Eastern each Saturday we will meet at the Goblet. Ward 2 Plot 34. After roleplaying and getting everyone together, we will teleport to the nearest aetheryte to the primal we are hunting. We will travel on mount or foot from the aetheryte into the lands of the tribes, defeating any tempered tribals. Then we will confront the primal and defeat it. Very simple. If we are able to defeat the primal in question we will wrap up our roleplay and anyone interested in farming for Ponies/Music Rolls/Tank Runs is welcome to stick around to complete that.

Rules:
  1. Treat everyone with respect. If a mistake happens in a battle, do not worry. Teach them how to correct their mistake in a calm and professional manner. 
  2. Do not use Out of Character knowledge to infer things In Character. For example, if we are hunting Leviathan one week, do not use this forum to learn that we are hunting Leviathan in character. 
  3. If no one is interested in farming a primal after the event is completed. Do not whine and complain about it. Anyone is welcome to drop in or drop out as they wish.
  4. If, along the way to our destination, we meet other roleplayers. Please be respectful of them. If they wish to join us, please allow them to.
  5. Do not bring drama with another participant into the roleplay.
  6. Have fun.
Other Information: This event is hosted by Advent, however anyone is welcome to join. I'd like to give a shout-out to Saraj Malqir. I saw she had this sort of event up first, but it's been a while since anyone did it, so I thought I'd modify it a tiny bit and add my own flare to use it for my free company.

Primal Status:
  • Ifrit - Quelled (5/1/16)
  • Garuda - Quelled (5/21/16)
  • Ramuh - Active

RE: Ragnarok: Primal Judgement {Sunday Weekly! 7 PM EST} - S'imba - 04-28-2016

Hey I'm interested in doing this, sounds like an interesting story opportunity and a chance to meet new people.

RE: Ragnarok: Primal Judgement {Sunday Weekly! 7 PM EST} - Garza Redwing - 04-28-2016

Wonderful! Which character will you be attending with?

RE: Ragnarok: Primal Judgement {Sunday Weekly! 7 PM EST} - S'imba - 04-28-2016

Oh right >.< I'll be going as S'imba

RE: Ragnarok: Primal Judgement {Sunday Weekly! 7 PM EST} - Garza Redwing - 04-28-2016

You've been added to the party list! ^^

RE: Ragnarok: Primal Judgement {Sunday Weekly! 7 PM EST} - Garza Redwing - 04-30-2016

Bump! Sunday is coming up!

RE: Ragnarok: Primal Judgement {Sunday Weekly! 7 PM EST} - Garza Redwing - 05-03-2016

Sorry for the late update! This event went pretty okay for our first little get together!

I'd love if more people showed up to join in the fray, though.

I'm still deciding on the next hunt we'll have for Sunday, but once I've decided, the graphic will be up to replace the ifrit one! I hope more people show up for the fun!

RE: Ragnarok: Primal Judgement {Sunday Weekly! 7 PM EST} - Garza Redwing - 05-05-2016

I've decided upon the next Primal to go after.

The graphic will be changed shortly to reflect it, working on it currently. ^^

Edit: Sign-ups are once again open.

RE: Ragnarok: Primal Judgement {Sunday Weekly! 7 PM EST} - Garza Redwing - 05-06-2016

Bumps n stuffs! \o/

RE: Ragnarok: Primal Judgement {Sunday Weekly! 7 PM EST} - S'imba - 05-06-2016

Well I'm game to come again...I had a lot of fun last week.

RE: Ragnarok: Primal Judgement {Sunday Weekly! 7 PM EST} - Killerwing - 05-06-2016

Omg, I'm so happy to see that kind of event coming back again. I loved doing the Sacramentum because it had a huge element for my character's RP progression.

But now I'm really sad because your event is set on a time where I can't come, because I'm raiding during that time, not to mention that at 8pm, there's the weekly Runestone event that I always attend, making it a bit harder for me to really think of coming.

I guess it would probably be too much to ask to switch on Saturday or something like that? I know that on Saturdays, Grindstone is at 10 pm, so there would be plenty of time for people to participate in your RP, then go to Grindstone.

But I can't blame you if you can't put it at another time anyway. Though if it was possible to change, you'd be able to have a Summoner that would be regularly coming, and would also be able to offer out insight and information on whenever another primal might be surging again.

On another note however, while your event seems fine as it is, you might want to add up a few notes, mainly about tempering.
After all, you can't really just try to go fight a primal without some kind of protection against tempering. And not everyone might have the Echo ICly.
I remember that for the Sacramentum event, people either had the Echo, or were wearing clothes to fully cover their skin, but were also enchanted so it'd be aetherically sealed.
Basically anything to make sure that your body would be aetherically sealed so that the primal cannot flood you with its aether.

RE: Ragnarok: Primal Judgement {Sunday Weekly! 7 PM EST} - Garza Redwing - 05-07-2016

I'd absolutely be open to changing the date of the event if it meant more players would be able to be involved. Saturday at 7 PM would probably work better for myself as well. I just didn't really want to compete with larger events. I'd easily get swept up and forgotten. 

And you're right about the tempering. I'm just currently unaware of how all of it fits together. It's something I'll need to look into for sure. 

Perhaps next week I'll have this event moved to Saturday. I'd be happy to have more people available to tag along for the fun!

RE: Ragnarok: Primal Judgement {Sunday Weekly! 7 PM EST} - Accendie - 05-07-2016

(05-07-2016, 03:49 AM)Garza Redwing Wrote: I'd absolutely be open to changing the date of the event if it meant more players would be able to be involved. Saturday at 7 PM would probably work better for myself as well. I just didn't really want to compete with larger events. I'd easily get swept up and forgotten. 

And you're right about the tempering. I'm just currently unaware of how all of it fits together. It's something I'll need to look into for sure. 

Perhaps next week I'll have this event moved to Saturday. I'd be happy to have more people available to tag along for the fun!

The longer this goes on the more you will probably have attend. Your first event was kinda last minute. Also, sometimes requiring signups beforehand can cut back on attendance. These are just things I've noticed since i started doing the calendar.

If you make any changes in time/date make it at least a week in advance, preferably BEFORE the previous sunday so when I sent out my weekly calendar blast on Tumblr everyone can see it there. Sadly ICly non of my characters would be going up against a primal so.. yea.. sorta out of their league. Awesome idea though. Just give it time to pick up speed.

RE: Ragnarok: Primal Judgement {Sunday Weekly! 7 PM EST} - Garza Redwing - 05-07-2016

(05-07-2016, 09:23 AM)Nefzen Wrote:
(05-07-2016, 03:49 AM)Garza Redwing Wrote: I'd absolutely be open to changing the date of the event if it meant more players would be able to be involved. Saturday at 7 PM would probably work better for myself as well. I just didn't really want to compete with larger events. I'd easily get swept up and forgotten. 

The longer this goes on the more you will probably have attend. Your first event was kinda last minute. Also, sometimes requiring signups beforehand can cut back on attendance. These are just things I've noticed since i started doing the calendar.

If you make any changes in time/date make it at least a week in advance, preferably BEFORE the previous sunday so when I sent out my weekly calendar blast on Tumblr everyone can see it there. Sadly ICly non of my characters would be going up against a primal so.. yea.. sorta out of their league. Awesome idea though. Just give it time to pick up speed.

Thanks for the feedback and tips. I'll try to make sure things are taken care of. ^^

Also I appreciate you helping to shout out events for people.

RE: Ragnarok: Primal Judgement {Sunday Weekly! 7 PM EST} - Killerwing - 05-11-2016

Any updates or changes that happened to the event lately? You don't seem to have update after last Sunday, which I presume would have been the time an event would take place.