Hydaelyn Role-Players
Aeon FC/LS [NA] [Balmung] - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Free Company Hall (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+--- Thread: Aeon FC/LS [NA] [Balmung] (/showthread.php?tid=16074)

Pages: 1 2

Aeon FC/LS [NA] [Balmung] - Aurou - 05-06-2016

[Image: AeonTextV1Sig2.png]

What is Aeon?

The story of Aeon is an original concept set within the lore of FFXIV's world, Hydaelyn.

Eras ago, a powerful aetherial weapon was shattered into countless pieces by a band of heroes. To prevent it from ever being remade and wielded, a spell was cast over the shards of the weapon; each would travel through the aether to find sanctuary within the body of a soul who would act as its host and guardian until their dying day.

Those who bear a shard develop a distinctive runic mark on their skin, and as such have come to be known in certain esoteric circles as the Branded. These marks forge a unique connection between the Branded, gifting them with the ability to ‘see’ each other over vast distances, and share thoughts and experiences over their telepathic Link.

The existence of the Branded is not a complete secret, however. There are many who would seek to collect the shards and take their power for their own.

The Branded must find and ally with one another, and swiftly; for there are hunters closing in from the shadows...

Why Join Aeon?

Aeon is a Free Company and Linkshell created and led by a team possessing over a decade of role-playing guild leadership between them. It offers:
  • An original back story with unique lore, which is congruent with the lore established within the official setting of FFXIV: ARR.
  • A sweeping, engaging FC/LS storyline which is forged and shaped organically by each of our members.
  • Diversity; Aeon seeks to actively recruit rarer race/gender-type characters, and those with unique and interesting back stories and personalities.
  • High-quality RP; Aeon recruits to a very high standard, seeking proactive, experienced and talented role-players to add to and improve our roleplay.
  • Community; Aeon recruits only a small number of people in each recruitment period, and does not recruit again until those new people are settled. In this way, we endeavor to keep our group small and tightly-knit, to foster a feeling of closeness and involvement for all of our members. We do not tolerate OOC prejudice, discrimination or hate speech toward any group of people. We accept every race and gender of Earth people, and we are LGBTQ friendly!
  • Regular events which offer character interaction and development, and the opportunity to forge and develop inter-character relationships. Our events often run during EST evenings, but we support all NA time zones with ease.
  • A friendly, supportive and open RP environment.
  • A zero-OOC drama policy.
  • A fully in-character LS channel, and an out-of-character channel for chatter, as well as in and out-of-character Discord channels that we frequently use.
  • Free company housing with all of the benefits that accompany being in the Free Company; an IC space open to all FC and LS members.

Recruitment Status
Open

<< Please be respectful to our members and do not camp out in our FC house/yard or harass our members. We are actively running stories and events, please try not to disrupt something if it is happening. Feel free to ask any questions!>>

For information on applying to Aeon FC/LS, please check out this thread on our forums.

To learn more about us and to apply, please visit us at our site, or send a /tell in-game to:
Aurou Mhirata, K'ziyo Tia, Leon Greymoon, or Rei'li Niraj.

RE: Aeon - Aurou - 05-21-2016

Hello RPC friends!

Some might be wondering what happened to our old post and why leadership has changed. (Even if you're not, a little bit of history is always cool!) The lovely Brynhilde has passed the torch, so to speak, while she focuses on achievements and quests in the Real Life zone. I took over at the beginning of the year when some of our other members went off to start a new adventure and begin a new story. Now Leon, Altani, and I are holding down the fort~ We remain in close contact with Brynhilde and Tiergan to make sure that we stay true to the story that they created.

May 2016 (on the 26 month anniversary of the FC) saw the reintroduction of Aeon's MSQ completely lead by our new little Vanguard team, and so far it has been a blast! We have a lot of great plans for the future that we can't wait to start work on.

Aeon remains everything that it originally was before. We still value quality RP and having a tight-knit, close community. It was my personal promise to Bryn and Tier that we uphold the same excellent standards and just being an awesome group to be apart of.

It is with great honor that I officially take over this FC and tale. Stay tuned for more updates~ As always feel free to contact any of the Vanguards in game, post here, or message one of us on Enjin if you have any questions!

RE: Aeon - Khu - 06-15-2016

[Image: WeAreNotAlone.png]
Plots bubble and thicken as the branded ready for a new wave of mayhem. Although some of the Cliffperch residents seem to feel they are safe and can live life like normal people in the vast world of Eorzea, those that lurk in shadows have other plans.

So far the branded have taken into account that they live in a house that needs upkeep. Without their previous leader, even the youngest of their humble group has been clamoring to keep their safe haven afloat and looking like a legitimate mercenary company. Despite their efforts, even the very things that keep Cliffperch a safe haven are starting to wane. This has not gone unnoticed to the enemies of the coven.

Many of the branded have gone out to look for contracts for mercenary work, giving the little house overlooking the cliff a small amount of new interest. With this, recruitment will be opening again soon! Moogle

RE: Aeon [NA] - Aurou - 07-19-2016

Hello RPC~

Just a quick update. FIRSTLY, welcome to our two newest members Koro and Ufu, as well as welcome back to returning member Armel! New Screenshots have been added to our listing and we've moved to the Free Company Hall! We're still open for recruitment and have quite a few plots brewing at the moment. New surprises await the Branded as we begin to delve deeper into Aeon's plot and untold lore... What the Coven thought they knew just might not be true, not all is as it appears.

If you're looking for something more than tavern RP - an overarching storyline and long term RP partners... we just might be for you! We're seeking quality writers with original characters that take initiative and aren't afraid to strike up a conversation or run a scenario! Characters from all walks of life are welcome, anyone can find a place within Aeon. (That comes hand-in-hand with having this nifty FC plot, after all) New FC MSQ will be starting up soon.

As always, feel free to reach out to any of our Vanguard (Aurou Mhirata, Leon Greymoon, Altani Mol) or Branded team with questions and we'll do what we can to help you out. If you might be interested, check out our website! Maybe even drop an application~

Safe travels, my friends. Watch the shadows...

RE: Aeon [NA] - Aurou - 08-06-2016

What a busy past couple of weeks it has been for the Branded! Mysterious calls for help, an unknown ailment hitting one member (could this end up affecting the others?), an uptick of attacks and new Branded appearing, some typical mercenary jobs, checking out the free food and drinks at a recent ball (props to GP and Crescent for hosting that~) and a hunting trip. There's been a severe lack of beach parties...

We have several major events planned for the near future and more plots brewing all the time!

We'd also like to welcome our two newest members: Farrson and Lee!

Recruitment will be closing on August 10th to allow for our new friends to get settled into the story and put focus on our MSQ. We'll open back up sometime in September most likely (this is dependent upon how our new members have integrated and how our current plots turn). Get those apps in now if you've been holding off!

Safe travels, friends~ Until next time!

RE: Aeon [NA] - MaverickMissy - 08-28-2016

I know your posts said to check back in September, but do you guys have an idea of around when in September you'll be opening up for recruitment? I ask because in early September, I'll be moving and I'm just hoping you guys open recruiting before I have to leave. At the very least so I don't miss the opportunity to turn in an application.

RE: Aeon [NA] - Aurou - 08-28-2016

(08-28-2016, 02:09 AM)MaverickMissy Wrote: I know your posts said to check back in September, but do you guys have an idea of around when in September you'll be opening up for recruitment? I ask because in early September, I'll be moving and I'm just hoping you guys open recruiting before I have to leave. At the very least so I don't miss the opportunity to turn in an application.

Hey MaverickMissy,

Given that September is a major patch month, I think we will be opening recruitment again late next week as long as our current batch of new friends are well settled into the group and story. If you think that you will be offline for more than a few weeks feel free to PM me and we can discuss how to handle your potential application Smile

Thank you so much for the question!

-----------------------

And while I'm here, a shameless update for the masses~

Last night was a night of old faces and long hidden memories reappearing. The lovely Brynhilde showed up to lead an event that left most in attendance reliving and sharing moments that they otherwise would have liked to kept locked away. Tonight we have an Aeon MSQ event on the books, and later in the week a personal plot or two will be kicking off! Last week we also held a beach party in the Mist to celebrate the end of the Moonfire Faire~ And have decided that Lee is no longer allowed to prepare drinks for everyone...

I can't be any happier with how Aeon has flourished once again. I couldn't ask for a better group to be apart of and lead.

Until next time~ Happy (or not) RPing, everyone!

RE: Aeon [NA] - Marshall - 08-31-2016

I'm very interested in applying. I've been working on my character concept for a while now and, after some playing around with it and what not, I think I've found something I love. I think (I hope) it's original enough. Smile I can't wait for September so I can apply!

That being said, is it alright that I'm not caught up with the story yet? I've come back from a year long break and have yet to purchase Heavensward. I will, but I'm looking to sink my feet back into RPing and find a nice, comfy FC to enjoy my free time with. Finding a good group of people is a much higher priority than end game raiding. Right now I'm part of an FC, and the people are very nice, but they aren't nearly as RP oriented as I was hoping. 

Thanks for the read. Hope to be playing with you all soon!

RE: Aeon [NA] - Aurou - 08-31-2016

(08-31-2016, 03:17 AM)Luun Wrote: That being said, is it alright that I'm not caught up with the story yet? I've come back from a year long break and have yet to purchase Heavensward. I will, but I'm looking to sink my feet back into RPing and find a nice, comfy FC to enjoy my free time with. Finding a good group of people is a much higher priority than end game raiding. Right now I'm part of an FC, and the people are very nice, but they aren't nearly as RP oriented as I was hoping. 

Hello Lu'un,

Thanks for the question! It's completely fine if you aren't up to speed on game content. Sometimes we might touch on the story in idle chatter RP-wise, but if we know that someone isn't there yet we do try to avoid spoilers. The only thing that you might be missing out on is if an event is hosted in a HW locked area, but again we do try to take into consideration the levels and progress of characters involved!

We look forward to hearing from you Smile

Stay tuned for an update post sometime in next week or so~

RE: Aeon [NA] - Catnip - 09-01-2016

Finally it's September! I can't wait till applications are open again. I transferred here just to apply to this fc. ^-^ I may or may not watch longingly outside this house sometimes.. Tongue Definitely might need help double checking my back story so that I didn't totally butcher the lore. Dazed

Hope to meet everyone soon~ 

Catnip

RE: Aeon [NA] - Aurou - 09-01-2016

(09-01-2016, 10:19 PM)Catnip Wrote: Finally it's September! I can't wait till applications are open again. I transferred here just to apply to this fc. ^-^ I may or may not watch longingly outside this house sometimes.. Tongue Definitely might need help double checking my back story so that I didn't totally butcher the lore. Dazed

Hope to meet everyone soon~ 

Catnip

Oh goodness, I hope you're enjoying Balmung thus far! Welcome to the server~ It's a fun place full of wonderful RPers everywhere you turn. Do mind the Quicksand, however, it's not for the faint of heart - it's overwhelmingly busy at times.

I will be updating here when we open recruitment and release the application form once again!

Soonâ„¢

RE: Aeon [NA] - Aurou - 09-06-2016

Okay RPC! We're pleased to announce that Aeon is now open for recruitment once again~

Hop on over to our site, read up on our rules and guidelines, and submit an application if our little story and group sounds interesting to you! Please know that applications are reviewed by the FC as a whole to ensure that new members that we welcome will have the best chance of meshing well with our family, there is no single person making decisions when it comes to recruitment. With Patch 3.4 just around the corner (and Legion still stealing souls) we might be a little slower than we'd like with responses, but we absolutely will make our best effort to be as timely as possible.

Keep an eye on our forum calendar~ Anything marked [O] is open for all to join! [FC] is closed to only Aeon members, and [R] is for our members, allies, and any that the event organizer has given the go-ahead to attend. If you see our members out and about, feel free to interact! Some of us attend the Grindstone/Runestone events and Gilded Pony shows rather regularly.

------------------

On the Aeon MSQ front, details are starting to trickle out about their enemy. Slowly and surely the Branded are beginning to realize the scale of what they face...

Watch the shadows, friends.

RE: Aeon [NA] - Aurou - 10-15-2016

~~Monthly check in from the mercenary Free Company of Aeon~~

This past month has seen a flurry of activity! Ohmigash.. Where has time gone? The enemies of the Branded grow ever more bold in their actions. The strongest of the company have set out to weed out those that wish their companions harm while those less capable in battle have begun to train in various skills. Unknown threats still loom in the shadows, waiting for an opportune moment to reveal themselves.

We've hosted FC MSQ, a number of member-based MSQ events, a few socials, an OOC voice meeting, and several smaller scale events in just this past month. There was never more than a five-day stretch without something happening. To see this wonderful FC rise again from the near-shambles that it was at the start of the year is nothing short of amazing to me. I try to always thank our members, because without their dedication, creativity, and drive this would be just another broken group left to vanish into the Aether.

We've welcomed three new members into our family so far this recruitment cycle. Steinarr, Zarik, and Zevi'to have all brought their own unique flair to our story and we are so happy to have them! We've also taken in Ally friends, welcoming them to become a little more involved with our story through their interaction with Aeon members - this is an invitation only offer that we extend to our closest of outside friends. They are every bit as much apart of our Aeon family (just without the cool perks and swanky <<Aeon>> tag) - So also a warm welcome to our new Allies Dorothea and Ta'hu!

Aeon recruitment will be closing in 10 short days on October 25th. If you've been thinking about joining but haven't submit an app yet, now is the time to do so! Depending upon how busy we become with our stories and what the holiday season looks like for our members, recruitment may remain closed until the new year. Time will tell.

Until then!

RE: Aeon [NA] - Aurou - 01-01-2017

Happy New Year from Aeon FC!

We hope that everyone enjoyed their respective holidays over the past month or so. Making it through 2016 truly has been akin to surviving a second meteor fall, what a roller coaster year...

On the Aeon front we will be celebrating our first anniversary under current Vanguard leadership. We're still kicking and absolutely thriving! We've been advancing our FC story over the past several months; reintroducing plot points that were covered under the original membership, and now working on completely new plot material that will surprise even our legacy members.

Some fun facts to start this new year off~

Total Aeon Members: 23! We also have 3 special members that we call 'Founders', while they no longer play often or have moved on to other things, still will always have a place in the FC that they worked so hard to create.

Character Break Down:
Mains (23): 7 Hyur, 10 Miqo'te, 0 Lalafell, 0 Roegadyn, 3 Elezen, 3 Au Ra -- 7 females, 16 males (Characters played most often)
Alts (24): 4 Hyur, 7 Miqo'te, 1 Lalafell, 2 Roegadyn, 2 Elezen, 8 Au Ra -- 12 females, 12 males (In Aeon we use Alts as plot devices, as secondary characters when mains might be otherwise unavailable, and simply as another flavor of character to play from time to time)
Founders (3): 1 Hyur, 0 Miqo'te, 1 Lalafell, 1 Rogadyn, 0 Elezen, 0 Au Ra (Our beloved founding members)

Our members span across TEN different time zones! Our late night crowd is all the way over on the West Coast USA in PST/GMT-8, and our future crowd is all the way over the Europe in CET/GMT+2. We have members sprinkled throughout North American, a few different European countries, and even a South American or two.

At this time our recruitment will remain closed. We have a few very important character plots playing out and are gearing up for another FC story event to happen this month. We appreciate everyone's interest in our little group and apologize if this wait causes some disappointment! We will be having an OOC meeting to discuss further recruitment and will update everyone here when we will be welcoming more members into our family!

Until then~ Go out and make the most of this new year!

RE: Aeon [NA] - Khu - 01-01-2017

[Image: winterspring2017.png]

The Aeon Mercenary Free Company, 
nestled within the mysterious walls of Cliffperch, has weathered another year of hiding the secret war of the branded and those who hunt that which binds them together. The continued stuggle has not come without cost. Injury, death, and far worse have beaten into those who are whispered to be bearers of a piece of the weapon that their path is not a mere walk in a field of flowers. Perhaps the worst of all has been the errosion of relationships between those who mus rely on eachother for survival. With tensions high and trust in one another tettering on the tip of a sword, the branded step forward into a new chapter of their story.

Chocobo New stuff! Happy New Year!