Hydaelyn Role-Players
How do you RP Dungeons/Trials? - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: How do you RP Dungeons/Trials? (/showthread.php?tid=16260)

How do you RP Dungeons/Trials? - Charity322 - 05-28-2016

I'm just getting to the part in the Main Plot where I need to go into Sastasha and I'd like to find a way to RP it. Are there any groups that do Dungeons/Trials in character?

RE: How do you RP Dungeons/Trials? - Tomoe'li Gozen - 05-28-2016

Hello! 

I have never role-played in a dungeon or trial before but I would be willing to give it a shot! 

My name in game is Leonard Honorblood, message me anytime. I also have a guild mate who could be interested in this adventure as well ^_^

RE: How do you RP Dungeons/Trials? - Kilieit - 05-28-2016

Hi I wrote a lot and I'm bad at making it seem like I'm not giving concrete instructions so to set the tone for the post: these are intended as tips from my own personal experience, not You Must Do It This Way Or You Are Wrong! I hope it helps a little.

Show Content

Show Content

Show Content

P.S. ...most of my characters have affiliations with the Adventurers' Guild, so they could potentially be assigned to do something like this. My main's in-game name is Aghurlal Qar'akimusun, so you'll have best luck contacting me there, but you can have the services of any of these characters of mine if you need someone to fill a spot in the group, and/or RP Sastasha/Tam-Tara/Copperbell with. I have at least one tank, one healer, and one DPS in the mix, so I can fill whatever role you have left as long as I'm free at the time.

RE: How do you RP Dungeons/Trials? - Ritsu - 05-28-2016

We do a lot of this in my Free company. It is best to have a full party or run them unsynced otherwise, might be a little odd for the rest of your party. XD

We don't RP the main quest, so more often than not we use them for our own purpose. The FC is a hunting lodge and around the time we start to prep for the Festival of the Hunt (Our server wide event we hold so often.) we start to run things like Brayflox or Hullbreaker, in search of marks for that festival. Or other times we might be clearing something out for a job.

RE: How do you RP Dungeons/Trials? - ZacharyVolfire - 05-28-2016

Leveling alts by doing rp dungeons is a great way to take some of the grind off we do rp inbetween fights ^^

-forgot to mention HOW -

maybe investiagting what kind of ruins you get sneaking into a base of your enimies or on a extermantion misisons doing acts inbetwene fights or after every boss.

RE: How do you RP Dungeons/Trials? - Virella - 05-28-2016

I think it is a great idea you're trying to find people together for this.

However, don't be that RPing derp who is RPing while the other people in your group just want to get over with doing the dungeon Tongue

... I'd be pretty pissed if I got people RPing in my dungeons when I didn't sign up for it :l

RE: How do you RP Dungeons/Trials? - Caspar - 05-29-2016

I've done this for an event before. However, due to the dungeon timer, it is important to keep things succinct and try to avoid dawdling on RP that could be done outside the dungeon. I was basically just called upon to play a villain in the dungeon so I did very little RP with my actual character. RP during actual combat may be difficult unless you're outrageously comfortable with your role, or have macro'd stuff ahead of time, lol.

RE: How do you RP Dungeons/Trials? - Charity322 - 05-29-2016

I don't want to spoil people's dungeon experiences if they didn't want to RP, so yeah I would be making sure that I had a full group that wanted to do it. Personally, I hate rushing through dungeons. You don't get to explore or experience it at all; it's all run, kill, run ahead of me because I took more than .2 seconds to look at the loot list, run, kill, log out before I can even give a player commendation. DX When I did the first Garlean trial it was 90% over before I'd even finished logging in. I healed one person and it was over and everyone was gone.

I know there isn't time to do any heavy duty RP while in the dungeon because of the time limit, but all I'm looking for is being able to react to the dungeon/mission IC (and sometimes to be able to pretend that I don't know exactly what to do to get through it and to be able to find it out IC).

I have done the main quest with another char, so I do know that for later dungeons, e.g. the Garlean stuff, it would be hard to explain why you were doing it, but most of them seem amenable to coming up with some reason other than the main quest reason why you have to go in there.

Thanks for the responses. I might see if I can set something up.

RE: How do you RP Dungeons/Trials? - Ritsu - 05-29-2016

If you need a reason or a team, that is something I may be able to help with. While we are primarily a hunting crew. Many would be willing to take the odd job or two.

RE: How do you RP Dungeons/Trials? - ckingch - 05-29-2016

What I do is if I end up RPing in a dungeon, the dungeon itself is simply an environment placeholder and the RP in question is it's own thing and not exactly what the in game represents. Though, like others, I don't do it unless I am in a group of friends. However, there have been plenty of times where I have been solo queued or queued with a friend and we'd be in a dungeon, and communicate ICly in one of our IC LS as we are going through the dungeon, so we are still RPing, but not among the dungeon party. It can be a bit tricky, though. Gotta try and get those posts in while in between groups of mobs and whatnot.

RE: How do you RP Dungeons/Trials? - Charity322 - 06-17-2016

Late response is really late as I've been insanely busy in RL lately, but I'm going to try and set up a thread to get people together who are interested in this, so if anyone still is it's here. http://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/showthread.php?tid=16450

RE: How do you RP Dungeons/Trials? - Kodie - 06-17-2016

Unsync dungeon runs have been great for rping.

RE: How do you RP Dungeons/Trials? - Caspar - 06-17-2016

(06-17-2016, 10:41 AM)Kodie Wrote: Unsync dungeon runs have been great for rping.
It's definitely helpful. I'd love for us to be able to remove the time limit too, but there's obvious problems with that from a server structure and instance standpoint. Granted I wonder how server intense that actually would be. It'd probably never be allowed just because having a time limit is important for encouraging the group to finish promptly, but in fully arranged groups I wonder they would be more open to the idea.