Hydaelyn Role-Players
Talk about your character's quirks! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Fun Prompts (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=43)
+--- Thread: Talk about your character's quirks! (/showthread.php?tid=16363)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Talk about your character's quirks! - Leanne - 06-08-2016

Extremely easy question! I imagine everyone's characters has some quirks, you know, little, sometimes unknown details that are ultimately trivial and somewhat irrelevant to the RP, but are still there as a manner to add some extra flavor to them. So! What are those?

Some of Leanne's quirks, for example:
  1. Leanne must always cut, trim, and take care of her hair in a weekly fashion basis. She tries to maintain it short, but the fact is, her hair grows quite, perhaps absurdly fast. If not properly controlled, her hair grows into a quite long mane, easily draping over her shoulders and touching her back.
  2. Leanne is highly resistant to areas over-saturated with aether. Consequently, such leaves her somewhat immune to aether sickness. On the topic of aether, she is able to use the teleport spell frequently, with no adverse effects. Such fact helps a lot with her traveling!
  3. Leanne has a quick metabolism, leading to a respectable resistance to alcohol. She still gets drunk though, and depending of circumstances(aka, how can I get the most fun out of a situation like that x3), the reaction of her body ends up being very violent after some time, with it throwing up the excess of alcohol alongside anything she had eaten, followed by extreme sickness.
And there are several more, but I think those 3 will suffice for now!

RE: Talk about your character's quirks! - Warren Castille - 06-08-2016

Talks a lot in clipped sentences. Pretty terrible for "correct" writing. Done it enough that it rubbed off on the player.

RE: Talk about your character's quirks! - Aaron - 06-08-2016

Aaron spaces out more than he cares to admit, if you're talking to him and all he does is look at you chances are it's going in one ear and out the other.

He also has a sweet tooth, put cake around him and if you don't stay alert he'll casually attempt to carry the entire thing out the place just for himself.

He's also socially blase, it's as if facial expressions are a foreign concept to him.

RE: Talk about your character's quirks! - Runic - 06-08-2016

Lynea loves eggs. Any sort of egg recipe she will be right there with the fork in hand ready to devour it gleefully. Makes it really easy to get her gifts. LOL

RE: Talk about your character's quirks! - Raeje - 06-08-2016

Alright. This is such a fun one for Raeje.
Because she's a bard/performer, she has an extremely wide array of emotions.
Unfortunately, she doesn't know how to control them very well when she's not on stage. This makes her seem like a very awkward character. She can seem weird and off putting, but her strange personality is by far the quirkiest thing about her. 

She has a neurological condition. It's rooted somewhere along the lines of temporal/focal epilepsy, which I know a little about, because I have suffered from it for over half of my life. However, Raeje's condition manifests itself in a much stranger way than my own, and it's never outright mentioned that she has "epilepsy".

Raeje has verbal diarrhea whenever she gets overly emotional, or overly stressed. It's completely uncontrollable, and she spouts out fancy words. Sometimes she talks about cacophonous the room is, or how existential she feels. It's the only time she ever shows the full extent of her vocabulary, unless a performance calls for it, but she's often deeply embarrassed by it  

Other than that, Raeje is just very socially awkward when she's not performing. She may seem off putting, even sometimes a little abrasive,but she was just never very good at socializing. When she's on stage though, things change. She completely opens up, and becomes someone new, without a care in the world.

RE: Talk about your character's quirks! - Virella - 06-08-2016

Ave tends to cross her arms or place them onto her hips when she gets mad or upset.

Besides that uuuh... Yeah, that is all I can really come up with at the moment.

RE: Talk about your character's quirks! - Kibu - 06-08-2016

- It's really, really, really easy to make Cam blush (and he has friends who find this highly amusing.)

- He has also been known to get distracted by an interesting plant to the point of tunnel-vision, where he doesn't realize there's danger nearby until it's actively trying to attack him.

- The last thing I can think of is that he's a really attentive combat medic - however, he will forego healing himself and solely focus on others unless he is critically wounded.

RE: Talk about your character's quirks! - Caspar - 06-08-2016

-When unsettled. Virara will pause when it feels right. Not always completing sentences. It can be irritating to write. Or read.
-Virara tends to stare intensely even when it is rude to do so. She averts her eye only when she is bashful or ashamed.
-Virara tends to run off and stand at the highest point nearby when particularly upset and not permitted to use violence. This habit comes from watching for masts and storms rolling on the horizon.
-She means it in the archaic way and not negatively, but she distinguishes between things her master has taught her and things that she learns on her own or from others by calling the latter "vulgar." In fact she has no value judgment implied by this descriptor aside from the assumption that Master is right without fail, but this invites misunderstanding.
-Virara is literally always hungry. She loves spicy food and is not very fond of sweet food. If Virara cooks, the food will be agonizingly hot. If you feed her, doubtlessly she will return, like a stray animal. She can eat even poisoned food in some specific cases, as she was fed poison early in life to build resistance slowly.
-Alcohol makes Virara violent so she avoids it. Even a robust whiff will make her unstable.
-Virara will typically understand things in the most literal sense first in almost all situations. However sometimes this is deliberate...
-Teleporting via Aetheryte makes her very ill and will typically teleport her into the air or a short distance away from the intended destination. Luckily she never is teleported into solid objects.
-Virara seems to never forget a name, yet deliberately reduces other's names to something simple, like a descriptor or their name and status. The only exception to this are male Lalafell as Virara finds their rhythmic naming difficult to pronounce and she will (unintentionally?) screw it up. In some cases she compresses the first ahd last name into one word.
-She was instructed to treat other Lalafell with respect so that she would fit in. Virara took this to mean referring to all older Lalafell with deferential, familial titles. Even someone ten years older is "elderly" to Virara, so they may be saddled with "uncle," or "aunt."
-She is tone deaf and cannot sing. Any musical talent seems impressive to her.
-Virara harbors an intensely secretive affinity for bugs and bonsai cultivation.

RE: Talk about your character's quirks! - S'imba - 06-08-2016

-S'imba hates moogles.
-he's 100% oblivious to someone flirting with him.
-He's got super bad adhd.
-He's easily amused...he gets entertainment from shiny things.
-Despite the fact that he is quite idiotic, he does tend to play dumb a lot of the time. Whether it be he's just playing cards close to his chest, or he's ashamed of something about himself, or just is afraid of looking crazy.
-He can handle aether pretty good, though corrupted aether tends to get to him in large amounts. Void, primal, or other similar types. Though a summoner once did discover he is strangely resiliant to being exposed to primal aether.

*edit*
-He's also racist against Elezen

RE: Talk about your character's quirks! - McBeefâ„¢ - 06-08-2016

Evangeline: 

- Loves trashy romance novels, and reads them constantly.

- Likes petting anyone shorter than her, likes having her hair ruffled by anyone taller than herself.

Damascus (Masked Miqo'te)

- Wears a Mask

- Likes making puns

- Always worrying about the Free Company's Finances

R'elend:

- Hits on everything

- Has long running issues with venereal disease.

RE: Talk about your character's quirks! - GhostlyMaiden - 06-08-2016

Kanako:
-Although she has a light Limsan accent, she'll tend to lose it when she is very serious and trying to prove a point
-Visibly uncomfortable when around Limsa Lominsa

Nanagi:
-Visibly uncomfortable around water because she can't swim
-Noticeably blushes if someone close to her flirts
-Scratches her arm when under stress

Aulbiene:
-Still a WIP and I can't think of any on the top of my head right now.

RE: Talk about your character's quirks! - Momoka - 06-08-2016

Lunelle wiggles her nose when upset or lost in thought. She absolutely loves weather as well. Rain, Snow, etc. 

Therese has a highlander fetish. She legit likes them more than even her own race because she finds them "Exotic". Its kinda gross of her, and I DO wish someone would call her out on it, but I dont see it coming up ever again now that shes married.

RE: Talk about your character's quirks! - Serenity - 06-08-2016

Serenity has a rather unhealthy obsession with Lalafell... But she's too shy to ever do anything about it

RE: Talk about your character's quirks! - FallenFedora - 06-08-2016

*Stroud is a 'functional alcoholic'. 
*He's also is a habitual smoker.
*He finds the presence of household pets soothing.
*He tends to lift his chin whenever he's gauging someone.
*Absolutely loves opera of any kind.
*Will find a corner to himself if more than five people are in the same enclosed space.

RE: Talk about your character's quirks! - Alothia - 06-10-2016

Alothia tugs at the hems of her clothing when she's deep in thought or is in an uncomfortable situation. When she's reading, she will twirl her hair around her finger, which usually causes an almost permanent wave in her hair on one side of her face. Those are really her only physical tells, other than ear and tail twitches, which really depend on the situation.