Hydaelyn Role-Players
Talk about your character's quirks! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Fun Prompts (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=43)
+--- Thread: Talk about your character's quirks! (/showthread.php?tid=16363)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: Talk about your character's quirks! - Sylastair - 06-10-2016

- Flynt frequently pauses while speaking to think about the proper way to say something, and constantly focuses on how he speaks to keep any trace of Limsan from his accent.
- Flynt is an alcoholic, and though he's reigned in his drinking considerably it is still his go to vice when the chips are down. 

- Flynt loves gathering fresh produce and meat, then cooking meals for himself and those closest to him. He claims he is average at best, but a few people have noted that he has a knack for it. 

- Flynt has dyscalcula, and has always struggled with processing and working with numbers. Running an FC he is very practiced at passing off any number or paperwork related work that pertains to numbers. 

- Flynt loves swimming, and when he can he prefers to incorporate that into his training however possible.

RE: Talk about your character's quirks! - WanderingWordsmith - 06-10-2016

Averill has a few quirks and habits he's developed during his time as a vagrant:

-When speaking, he places his axe between himself and the person he's speaking to. He'll often lean on it, as an elder might his cane.

-As he ponders ideas or thinks heavily on something, he scratches his uncountable scars.

-When the luxury is afforded to him, he starts every morning with a black coffee. He's learned to make a mean brew over the years.

-Always, without exception, whether's he's cooking for one or ten, he rations a portion to dry/preserve for consumption on the road.

RE: Talk about your character's quirks! - U'roh Tia - 06-11-2016

-Roh has the accent depicted by Odh in the MSQ, his words R's rolling for a bit as if a bit of a growl.

-Roh's right ear flicks every time he's nervous or unsure.

-When he needs to think to himself, he usually does so while Shadowboxing or practicing his lance form.

-His fiancee's nick name for him is Jumping Jack.

-He is fiercely competitive. 

-Enjoys Goldsmithing, isn't half bad at it ether!

-He loves himself a Good Mammot steak.

-When bored and sure he's alone he has a habit of spinning his lance blade down.

RE: Talk about your character's quirks! - Bishido - 06-12-2016

• When deep in thought or restless, Feine tends to turn his ring of matrimony around his finger. 

• He'll oftentimes comb his fingers through his hair, usually away from his face, when frustrated.

• ...Despite craving brains for dinner he also likes to consume beating hearts. Just 'cause. (*Cringe*)

RE: Talk about your character's quirks! - Parth Makeo - 06-12-2016

Quint has some.

1. Quint can't help but read books even in conversasion.
2. She can't cook good unless it's medicinal
3. Quint tends to overcomplicate simple things.
4. Quint gets quite an arousal from fondling her horns.

RE: Talk about your character's quirks! - rainichan - 06-12-2016

Cae's quirks are the fun ones.

- She generally talks 'proper' (as in, she doesn't omit letters in words or whatnot) however when she's mad? She'll start talkin' like she's gonna pound ya into the ground an' you'll like it! Swears more that way too.

- No blankets while she sleeps. Has to be against something if she's able to. Currently that thing she sleeps against and does not move from during the night is Terris. Poor guy. If he moves, she does too. Probably a comfort thing.

- She'll idly hum to herself if she's doing something. If she gets into it, it'll be minor singing.

- She's not good with her hands. Crafting, cooking, stuff like that? Nope. She laboured to make some simple rings for Terris not long after they hooked up. He has them and likes them, but she thinks she could do better. It's not for a lack of trying, she's just Not Good at doing stuff like that. The only thing she could likely do well with little to no trying is Aether tattoos, but that's something she grew up with knowledge for and lots of practice.

I can probably think of more later.

RE: Talk about your character's quirks! - Kellach Woods - 06-12-2016

I'd put completely reinventing his looks from time to time and considering seriously even the most ludicrous of ideas, for Kell.

RE: Talk about your character's quirks! - Mina Rhaal - 06-13-2016

(06-10-2016, 04:29 PM)WanderingWordsmith Wrote: -As he ponders ideas or thinks heavily on something, he scratches his uncountable scars.
I misread this as "uncountable ears" and had a good giggle. (I should really put on my reading glasses...)

But back on topic.
*Mina has a short attention span and has trouble...look, a bird!
*Talks too much.
*Does obnoxious things for attention.
*Changes her hair color twice a week or more.

RE: Talk about your character's quirks! - Celise - 06-13-2016

Celise has a bad habit of rambling when she gets nervous. This can devolve into either boasting or just making somewhat outrageous claims as she gets worked up.

She also tends to play with her hair, when she's either excited or worried.

RE: Talk about your character's quirks! - Scaith - 06-13-2016

hmmm, what sorts of habits would Scaith have usually? Lets see... :

1. He has a pension for flicking his ears when curious or feeling a bit anxious.
2. His tail will fluff up in the vicinity of magic or in anger.
3. Even his ears turn red if he's nervous or excited.

RE: Talk about your character's quirks! - Mia Moui - 06-17-2016

I actually haven't thought much about quirks, not deliberately anyway.  But going over my tumblr and seeing what she's posted or said, I think I have at least three for her.

1. She likes to eat cute things.  Cute sea creatures, birds, small game, and food shaped to look cute.  This contrasts strongly to her tough-as-nails persona, I should think.

2. Her braggadocio is exactly that.  She talks and acts tough to try to dissuade anyone from attacking her.  She uses her scarred face to her advantage and makes up many different stories as to how she got it.

3. She's tall for a female Miqo'te, nearly 5'7" and while that's not a quirk on it's own, she becomes delighted when she meets a Midlander shorter than herself.  If she is taller than a Miqo'te male, she might attempt to intimidate or ridicule, especially if there's an audience.

RE: Talk about your character's quirks! - Scaith - 06-17-2016

(06-17-2016, 02:16 PM)Mia Moui Wrote: 1. She likes to eat cute things.  Cute sea creatures, birds, small game, and food shaped to look cute.  This contrasts strongly to her tough-as-nails persona, I should think.
Hide yo Bunneh minions, folks! XP Just kidding, Mia, don't kill me! ::Is sure he'll be savagely attacked now ::

RE: Talk about your character's quirks! - JaxJonah - 06-18-2016

R'theqe 
 - Talks to himself sometimes. He's often speaking quickly so it sounds like rumbling to most people.

-The only way he remembers people is by giving them a nickname (whether he calls them it or not). Otherwise, they are like faces in the wind. 

Landrenel
 - Is particular about how he orders his books. He keeps them in alphabetical order, by date published, and by relevance to a particular person, place, or thing.

- The first thing he does when he walks into the room is wipe the furniture with his glove. Those years of stewardess is getting to him.

RE: Talk about your character's quirks! - Steel Wolf - 06-18-2016

I dunno, Steel is pretty much a "heart on her sleeve" sorta gal. That said, there are a couple of things that only occasionally arise that would be considered quirks:

- She has a deep, unrelenting love for cake. Seriously, any cake put in front of her will send her soaring in to a state of nearly-orgasmic bliss. If you buy her some cake, you will have a friend for life.

- She also has an affinity for fried dodo breast strips, her favorite go-to road food.

- Secretly, Steel LOVES to get girly. She still feel awkward in proper dress and believes she's too muscular to pass off as dainty and feminine, but she loves being fawned over and pink things despite any outward protests.

RE: Talk about your character's quirks! - Mia Moui - 06-19-2016

(06-17-2016, 08:03 PM)Scaith Wrote:
(06-17-2016, 02:16 PM)Mia Moui Wrote: 1. She likes to eat cute things.  Cute sea creatures, birds, small game, and food shaped to look cute.  This contrasts strongly to her tough-as-nails persona, I should think.
Hide yo Bunneh minions, folks! XP Just kidding, Mia, don't kill me! ::Is sure he'll be savagely attacked now ::

Mia has spent some time watching someone's bunny minion hopping around and thinking of various recipes.  Watching her intently watching the bunny makes me think that she could eat it. I like to think that Miqo'te are still a percent or two more savage than the rest of Eorzea.