Hydaelyn Role-Players
Heavy RP - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Heavy RP (/showthread.php?tid=16367)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Heavy RP - S'imba - 06-10-2016

I feel like being ic all the time would lead to some really awkward and hard to explain situations. I once was running the Aery and a highlander in the party starts to rp with me. Like "I know you. I've seen you around the quicksand. What are you doing here." I mean at first I thought it was just ooc talk, but when I realized he was using quotes and emotes. I was so shocked by someone being that bold in a duty roulette that I couldn't help but respond iclly. Talked about the dragon's we were facing and I just rolled with it, trying to figure out if he was serious or not. I'll admit my responses werey kind of awkward, didn't exactly use quotaction marks or anything. But yeah I can't imagine being ic all the time to that degree.

RE: Heavy RP - Filipos - 07-06-2016

This is a very interesting phenomenon. I have been playing SWTOR and in the game heavy RP means, on the one hand, that people create the whole system of roleplaying, but unfortunately it is made by a certain guild; on its website there can be a system which should be learned by a newbie, which, from my point of view, is terrible because it restricts gameplay; people who are not in that guild would not know anything about you; your abilities, the system of fighting, etc.

Furthermore, some guild follows the main storyline created by the developers, whereas, other guilds have their own narrative and they are a few years, days, etc. earlier than others. There is also another problem, because players have to spend hours to learn the system, which makes them nolives; it is sick.

On the other hand, some guilds, by saying heavy RP, refer to the shown universe. It means that every single newbie have to create their own characters with a background, of course referring to the universe of Star Wars and they are obliged to behave like a char in every single guild meeting, beyond it they can do whatever they want to. In my opinion, this is the best possible way of heavy RP, because mature people do not have time to spend it only in front of a computer, and creating various, multilayer systems, stories, etc.

RE: Heavy RP - Noxtis316 - 07-06-2016

I more or less use the 'labels' for RP for a state of mind? 

I would use Heavy as open to World RP when available (and others are willing. Cause a lot of the time...People aren't prepared.) It also helps get me into the mindset of a character too if I am out there questing. Occasionally what opinions would be formed and such. Plus, sometimes you just can't walk everywhere. Sometimes there is a rush, be it true or made.

Otherwise...I guess I should figure out if there is a way to classify the settings of RP in MMOs? I never got backlash with 'Heavy RP', but then I ended up just classifying myself as 'Adaptable RPer' in WoW.

RE: Heavy RP - Shofie - 07-10-2016

I feel like we need a category to describe the roleplayers who go above and beyond "heavy", to something like "severe" at that point, lol.