Hydaelyn Role-Players
What's this about a maid outfit? - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: What's this about a maid outfit? (/showthread.php?tid=16468)

What's this about a maid outfit? - OvershadowedDestiny - 06-19-2016

So I'm running along on Amazon, ordering things, preordering games, and I get a little email telling me I've gotten a special code for FFXIV! Cool, I think. What's that?

Well after a little digging I find out I get a little maid outfit for a character! Mind, I don't HAVE a character. Or, rather, I didn't. But I've been looking for a new MMO, and I love RP so... Yes.

I have a couple characters made on Mateus, and I'm getting ready to do a transfer over to Balmung, but BEFORE I do that... Is there anything I should know?

RE: What's this about a maid outfit? - Nero - 06-19-2016

Regarding the codes specifically, the codes will apply to all of the characters on your account, so you don't have to worry about choosing a character for them to apply to.

Feel free to ask any questions about the RP scene or what have you. Hope to see you on Balmung!

RE: What's this about a maid outfit? - OvershadowedDestiny - 06-19-2016

Oh good, I was worried about that, phew. So how active IS Balmung? I keep hearing that it's like 'the' RP server, but how likely am I to find it wandering around? Are there any tips to help RPers know I'm willing to RP?

RE: What's this about a maid outfit? - Unnamed Mercenary - 06-19-2016

RP is generally happening on Balmung at any given time, assuming the server is up. It'd often at it's peak while the USA players are awake, but there also EU, Asia, and others on the server too.

A lot of people will out a note in their search info about RP, but if you see a group of people RPing and want to get involved right there on the spot, I'd send someone a tell to see if it's an open scene. (Many are when it's public). Otherwise, we've got a variety of RP-related linkshells and free companies on the RPC, a player directory to list people's RP styles, a wiki full of character pages, Event sections for public events, and a Making Connections section for people looking for something specific! There's also an in-character board with a variety of journals, stories, and posted RP. (Ones marked open are open to anyone to join in on!)

Depending on your preferences, I'd also recommend sending people of interest a PM on the site to see if you can set something up.

RE: What's this about a maid outfit? - OvershadowedDestiny - 06-19-2016

Ooooh! Very good to know! I'll have to look at all of that later. And you can put little notes about your character when people search for you? Good to know!

RE: What's this about a maid outfit? - Scaith - 06-20-2016

(06-19-2016, 12:31 PM)OvershadowedDestiny Wrote: but BEFORE I do that... Is there anything I should know?
Lol, beware the quicksand...unless you like a tavern scene. Just kidding, welcome to the RPC, and if you ever have any questions, feel free to send me a PM or tell in game!

RE: What's this about a maid outfit? - OvershadowedDestiny - 06-20-2016

(06-20-2016, 02:55 PM)Scaith Wrote:
(06-19-2016, 12:31 PM)OvershadowedDestiny Wrote: but BEFORE I do that... Is there anything I should know?
Lol, beware the quicksand...unless you like a tavern scene. Just kidding, welcome to the RPC, and if you ever have any questions, feel free to send me a PM or tell in game!
Oh! Is something wrong with it?

RE: What's this about a maid outfit? - Unnamed Mercenary - 06-20-2016

(06-20-2016, 09:08 PM)OvershadowedDestiny Wrote:
(06-20-2016, 02:55 PM)Scaith Wrote:
Oh! Is something wrong with it?

It's a very active place where the text log will scroll very quickly (even if you're filtering out shouts and stuff). Big walk-up RP hub/tavern. A lot of people will go there looking for walkup stuff though, so it's a good indication of how many people are online.

RE: What's this about a maid outfit? - OvershadowedDestiny - 06-21-2016

Tomorrow's the day! I have a bunch of characters leveled to 15 that I'm going to transfer to Balmung. I have an idea as to one or two I want to RP right now, but we'll see!

RE: What's this about a maid outfit? - Gabineaux - 06-21-2016

Make sure you move 8 characters to balmung because it's nearly IMPOSSIBLE to make a goddamn alt here. Pick the names you like, characters will get a free fantasia if you have the veteran reward for it.

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/playguide/option_service/veteran_rewards/

Gotcha, I'll do a full 8.

RE: What's this about a maid outfit? - Warren Castille - 06-21-2016

(06-21-2016, 04:44 AM)OvershadowedDestiny Wrote: Gotcha, I'll do a full 8.

Worth noting is that your 30 day veteran bonus will grant every character you create a vial of Fantasia, which allows you to change someone's appearance. It drops you back into the character creator tool, so you can change everything but a name.

So really, if you just wanted some placeholders, come up with some names you like and don't worry about appearances; You can transfer 8 people at once and then just doll them up later if you don't like how they look. Name changes are 10 bucks a pop so it's more cost effective to worry about image later and just get a cool name to build off of now.

Edit: Scooped by Arvid and my inability to look up

I'm in-game now! Hooray! Well, rather, in Balmung. Holy crap there's a lot of people.

RE: What's this about a maid outfit? - Scaith - 06-22-2016

(06-21-2016, 08:32 PM)OvershadowedDestiny Wrote: I'm in-game now! Hooray! Well, rather, in Balmung. Holy crap there's a lot of people.
Lmao welcome to the nut house! Go check out the quicksand in Ul'dah if you wanna see crowds