Hydaelyn Role-Players
In-game summer item campaign for EU - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV News (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: In-game summer item campaign for EU (/showthread.php?tid=16706)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

In-game summer item campaign for EU - Swanmay - 07-12-2016

Square Enix has released the info for the summer item campaign that the US and Japan have had previously. All you have to do is buy three magazines and then take a selfie with them for the mount. 

More info can be found here: 
http://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/8b316e1ae99e1807ec6785971c3c16b84020f539

RE: In-game summer item campaign for EU - Kage - 07-12-2016

This campaign is such bullshit. I'm so sorry EU service account holders.

DO NOT SUBSCRIBE!!! IT IS TOO LATE TO GET THE TWO ISSUES YOU NEED!!!!!

You will need to wait for September's October Issue to get the butler/maid/OFC. OFC requires the selfie picture of the magazines and item codes to be emailed and the item code to be sent to you.

Note: Separate campaigns offering the same in-game items are currently being planned for those residing in: France, Belgium, The Netherlands, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Italy, Spain, Australia, New Zealand and Nordic territories. Further details on these campaigns will be posted at a later date.

August 2016 Issue 306 (Launching Thursday, July 14, 2016)
1 x Inferno Mask
30 x Jandelaine’s Token
1 x MGP Gold Card

September 2016 Issue 307 (Launching Thursday, August 11, 2016)
1 x Crag Mask
50 x Aetheryte Ticket
99 x Deluxe Heavenscracker

October 2016 Issue 308 (Launching Thursday, September 8, 2016)
1 x Butler Attire
1 x Housemaid Attire
99x Magicked Prism (Wings)

RE: In-game summer item campaign for EU - Warren Castille - 07-12-2016

What a shit show. Time-release stuff for things already in the game?

RE: In-game summer item campaign for EU - Cato - 07-12-2016

Ugh. What a complete and utter disappointment. 

Putting aside the simple fact that UK players are expected to pay out more than Japanese and North American players spent on their promotions...we also have to wait three months to get access to all of the items and even then we need to send in a real life photo of ourselves as well.

Not only that but the claim that the magazine is 'widely available in supermarkets and newsagents throughout the UK' is a complete and utter lie. It's far from a common sight and many stores either don't stock it at all or only order a handful of copies per month.

So what you're saying is we need one person to get all 3 copies of the mag, blur out their face with photoshop filters, and then give that to everyone on the internet right? You can email the picture, and unless they have a team of people specifically monitoring the emails and making sure they're all different but real people, there might be some hope of slipping in a template.

RE: In-game summer item campaign for EU - Maril - 07-12-2016

Additionally, a reddit thread has pointed out that the Game Master magazine was linked to an early GamerGate scandal. Apparently they fixed the scores of a very buggy game, and didn't handle the situation well when it was found out. 

As if the wait and the selfie-requirement wasn't bad enough, I'd feel bad about supporting a magazine that'd do something like that. Fortunately I don't live in the UK, so I am hoping whatever they have in store for the Nordic territories is better. I know we have a 7-11 chain here so one could hope it'd be sorta similar.

RE: In-game summer item campaign for EU - Kilieit - 07-12-2016

Could Square twelvedamned Enix really not find anyone better to run a promo with?

I was expecting Game or something - physical stores that have a vested interest in increased footfall. (Who can verify your presence and real-human-being-ness by way of the fact that you are there, in person, asking for a code.) Game regularly runs promos exactly like this with Pokémon, and I can only imagine other highstreet stores that sell stuff like game-time cards for MMO's would have a similar interest. But here we are.

And I was definitely not expecting something that will take three additional months. Which is totally bizarre in itself, considering the incredibly ephemeral time period that NA had to obtain their codes...

Honestly in my experience this is pretty typical of the UK gaming scene (unprofessional, arbitrary, opaque) so I'm not that... surprised, I guess. Glad about the extra items (MGP/Jandelaine/aetheryte tickets), not so much about the everything-else.

The main thing I'm worried about is what they'll do afterwards with the photos you send. I don't want to find they've hidden somewhere in the redemption TOS that they're allowed to use the photo for their magazine, with no opt-out. My friend intends to send an email to the magazine asking them about their intentions and their data protection on that matter, but I guess we'll see.

It's a shame that we're finding out about these complications now, when the exclusive deal's probably already been sealed, and it's not like player outcry to SE can reverse time (and financial business transactions). Rest in pieces EU region I guess.

RE: In-game summer item campaign for EU - Valence - 07-12-2016

Totally not interested in any of those items anyway, so I'll probably survive it.

The whole thing is ludicrous though.

Already nearing 20 pages over on the Official Forums discussing how poorly implemented this is.

The announcement was only a few short hours ago.

RE: In-game summer item campaign for EU - Nebbs - 07-12-2016

So just the September issue for the RP gear. I can do that.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/298950-About-the-EU-campaign-for-maid-outfit-and-fat-chocobo?p=3778581&viewfull=1#post3778581

Still BS tho~

Greetings,
Thank you for all your feedback. We would like to take this opportunity to clarify some points about the in-game item campaign with GamesMaster magazine.
Sending in a photo of yourself in order to obtain the Original Fat Chocobo Mount

First and foremost, you do not need to send a selfie to be eligible. Photos will be needed solely to verify that you own all three copies of the magazine as part of this campaign.
While your photo must feature yourself holding the printed bonus item codes, you do not need to feature your face. As long as the player submitting the photo is visible in the image in some way, and the team can verify that you possess the item code print-outs from all 3 magazines, you will be awarded the in-game item mount.

In addition, GamesMaster will not use the photos provided for anything other than verification for the in-game mount item code. They will not, under any circumstances, be used in any public way or form and will be destroyed after being confirmed by the GamesMaster team.

Campaigns planned for other territories

In the Lodestone post, it was stated that:
Note: Separate campaigns offering the same in-game items are currently being planned for those residing in: France, Belgium, The Netherlands, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Italy, Spain, Australia, New Zealand and Nordic territories. Further details on these campaigns will be posted at a later date.

The campaigns for other countries will be independent and won’t be tied to GamesMaster magazine. Distribution methods and campaign content will vary per country/campaign, but the same range of in-game items will be available through these campaigns. We will follow up with further announcements on promotions for other territories as soon as information is available.

Although GamesMaster is a UK-based magazine, non-UK residents can take part in this campaign by ordering the printed magazines online as they can be shipped to over 100 countries globally (a list of these 100 countries can be found here).
If you possess a European service account and would like to take part in the campaign, you can order printed copies of the magazine to obtain the in-game item codes.

Magazine subscription

You do not need to subscribe to GamesMaster magazine in order to take part in this campaign; you can purchase each issue separately and still acquire the Original Fat Chocobo Mount.
The first issue with FFXIV in-game item codes will be available here from Thursday 14th July. We will update the Lodestone post accordingly to make that clearer, and update when each issue becomes available for purchase through the coming months.

RE: In-game summer item campaign for EU - Virella - 07-12-2016

"You mean, what I have to spend a shitton of effort and more money then the US?"

[Image: fTURF4l.png]

Well hopefully the Dutch one won't be as bad, but knowing SE at this rate they won't use some weirdo promo with bol.com and we have to endure Gamestop of variant of it.

Fuck that.

I should point out that this is shitty but it is not yet time to blame NA Amazon loopholes (not yet). They haven't (and probably never will) mentioned it but this is likely a very large dumbass idea by SE's EU marketing.

RE: In-game summer item campaign for EU - Parth Makeo - 07-12-2016

Japan: Buy shit at 7/11
USA: Buy min $20 physical item about gaming.
EU: SUBSCRIBE TO OUR MAGAZINE FOR THREE MONTHS AND GET ALL THE GOODIES! 

Yeah that seems...Fair...
If i could i would give you my Mask Codes i still have yet to redeem (since I think they are quite ugly. Especially Titan)

RE: In-game summer item campaign for EU - Cato - 07-12-2016

As an aside, to give further insight into why UK players are so annoyed...this isn't the first time we've been expected to spend much more money than players in other regions. UK players had to spend a considerably higher amount for the Heavensward Collector's Edition than almost everybody else - and that particular issue was never formally addressed by Square Enix.