Hydaelyn Role-Players
Generic Greeting Thread - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Generic Greeting Thread (/showthread.php?tid=1674)

Pages: 1 2

Generic Greeting Thread - Anzio - 02-14-2013

Hello and salutations. I've kept FFXIV in the corner of my eye for a while, though I have only played FFXI thus far. Liking a lot of what I see for A Realm Reborn (as well as being disappointed with my current MMO), I've deiced to get involved here (along with a friend of mine later). While I have RPed on forums for over a decade now, I am still relatively new to RPing within the medium of a game, but I do have a little experience with it. I will likely be asking a lot of questions about lore and such before making any concrete decisions about what kind of character I am making, as I missed the entire chunk of everything pre-ARR. I've browsed around to see a lot is already provided here in the forums and elsewhere, so most of what I will be curious about are finer details. 

At any rate, I look forward to RPing with you, hopefully for a good while. Smile

RE: Generic Greeting Thread - Weffrey - 02-14-2013

Welcome! ARR is shaping up to be great! Hope you enjoy your time here.

RE: Generic Greeting Thread - Aysun - 02-14-2013

Great to have you! : ) Welcome.

Feel free to ask questions. Weffrey actually started a "Question Box" thread here when he joined, so post away~

RE: Generic Greeting Thread - Sigyn Shieldbreaker - 02-14-2013

Welcome!

I hope when ARR comes out it will fill that void of disappointment your current MMO is leaving you with.

Forum RP lends loooots of experience to in game roleplaying. I'll bet you do great.

If you have lore questions you can't find in the RP discussion thread, there's this thread that Weffrey recently started http://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/showthread.php?tid=1627 where questions were being asked and answered. Maybe you could post your questions there? People here have been really friendly from what I've experienced and they give nice detailed answers.

And again, welcome, and Happy Valentine's Day.

Edit: Watch me repeat everything Aysun says like a pro. >.< <3

RE: Generic Greeting Thread - Aysun - 02-14-2013

We posted at like THE SAME TIME. o_o

RE: Generic Greeting Thread - Knave - 02-14-2013

Welcome and hello! 8D

RE: Generic Greeting Thread - Anzio - 02-14-2013

Thanks for the quick replies and the link. That actually had some of the information about units of measurement and other terms I was looking for. Knew I had seen it, just didn't remember where. I hate that feeling.

RE: Generic Greeting Thread - Endinka - 02-14-2013

Hello there!

Greetings, and welcome to the forums. I can't seem to catch up with all the hustle and bustle on this board as of late! Big Grin
Pretty awesome to see so much interest bubbling up for the game and the RP community.
Anyways, I like to extend a warm welcome to you and all those who have recently joined us as of late and I hope you all have a great time and look forward to bumping into you all in Game!
Moogle

RE: Generic Greeting Thread - Rhostel - 02-15-2013

Your avatar looks like Aysun, and your title is Dance Commander? I see potential for confusion in the future....

Though as a fan of Electric Six, I can't disapprove! Welcome! Smile

RE: Generic Greeting Thread - Aysun - 02-15-2013

(02-15-2013, 12:39 AM)Rhostel Wrote: Your avatar looks like Aysun, and your title is Dance Commander? I see potential for confusion in the future....

oh crap Sad

RE: Generic Greeting Thread - Anzio - 02-15-2013

(02-15-2013, 12:39 AM)Rhostel Wrote: Your avatar looks like Aysun, and your title is Dance Commander? I see potential for confusion in the future....

Though as a fan of Electric Six, I can't disapprove! Welcome! Smile

The Electric Six is exactly where it comes from! Cool It will be changed to have more IC relevance as soon as I have something to replace it with. The avatar as well will change as soon as I have an actual character.

Sorry for the confusion.

RE: Generic Greeting Thread - Merri - 02-15-2013

Yo!

Good to have you. Cactuar

RE: Generic Greeting Thread - Eva - 02-15-2013

Welcome! Thumbsup

RE: Generic Greeting Thread - Yssen - 02-15-2013

Hi! Please enjoy these various welcoming bits and bobs. Looking forward to seeing you around.

RE: Generic Greeting Thread - Ellie - 02-15-2013

Welcome to the madhouse Csero! Smile

There's not a whole lot of daylight between things like forum RP and FFXIV RP, so you're much of the way there already. Definitely don't be afraid to ask questions and pick at our brains a bit. x3