Hydaelyn Role-Players
[Balmung] Who wants to be a Gil-lionaire? - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Roleplay Events (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+---- Forum: Chronicled Events (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+---- Thread: [Balmung] Who wants to be a Gil-lionaire? (/showthread.php?tid=16879)

Pages: 1 2

Who wants to be a Gil-lionaire? - Lydia Lightfoot - 08-02-2016

Throughout the main cities, a very simple flyer can be found on posts, fluttering through the streets, and curiously glued to the backsides of the inattentive...

Who wants to be a Gil-lionaire?

With summer well underway, the spirit of vacation and relaxation is upon us all - but not everyone's purse is heavy enough for the task. Serene Haven Inn is hereby offering a promotional drawing for vacation packages for three lucky winners. 

First prize is a week's stay in our Deluxe Suite, with all expenses paid including meals at our fabulous Upper Tavern, and full access to all of our amenities - martial training arena, library, classroom, tranquility room, onsen, manufactory, and our beautiful gardens featuring stargazing, outdoor grilling, relaxation in our cool outdoor springs, sunbathing, and close proximity to fishing, hunting, hiking, and riding opportunities in the Shroud. Your vacation package includes airship travel to our inn. Our first prize winner also receives a hefty chest waiting in their suite, laden with... one million gil!

Second and third prize winners receive a weekend stay in one of our standard rooms, with the same general features and privileges as the first prize winner, excepting the difference in accommodation and timing. Our second and third prize winners have a consolation prize waiting in the safes in their rooms... one hundred thousand gil each!

Winners will be drawn at the end of this month and announced at an event at our inn. You must be present to win! Interested? Apply by mail!

Rules and limitations of this drawing:

1. With your response to this forum thread, please indicate the character who is mailing in their flyer to participate in the drawing. Since the character must be present at our drawing event, a given player may only have one participant in the drawing (per game account) regardless of how many alts they have (in other words, there'd be no way a player could be present at the event on more than one character, so... any other characters who would send in a flyer couldn't possibly win anyway, right?).

2. The event for the drawing will occur on Friday, September 2nd at 8pm EST. Further details about the night's event will be announced soon. The venue will be Serene Haven Inn, located in the Lavender Beds, Ward 12 Plot 41. 

3. The portion of the prize for the vacation stay is an easy RP hook if you choose to have your character take advantage of it. Assume that a +1 is just fine, of course! Our venue has actual rooms for use for RP, and does have the listed amenities, so if you want to have your character hang around for their entire stay and enjoy some vacation-themed RP, that'd be just fine with us! :D If you prefer instead to just handwave that part of the prize, that's also fine. It's an opportunity for some RP but it isn't mandatory.

4. The portion of the prize regarding gil is for actual gil, not pretend RP gil. Yep! 

5. Although we won't restrict anyone from participating, we do ask that players who already possess millions of gil consider refraining from participating in the drawing for the sake of, ideally, letting someone less fortunate have an opportunity to get the prize. Of course we have no way to know how much gil a player has or doesn't have, so... do as you feel is right! :)

6. Employees and IC family members of employees are ineligible. :p

Questions? PM me!

RE: Who wants to be a Gil-lionaire? - Lydia Lightfoot - 08-03-2016

Haha, almost 100 views and not one person wants to enter a drawing to win a bunch of gil... I must need to take a shower or something. lol

RE: Who wants to be a Gil-lionaire? - McBeefâ„¢ - 08-03-2016

(08-03-2016, 12:19 PM)Sena Varont Wrote: Haha, almost 100 views and not one person wants to enter a drawing to win a bunch of gil... I must need to take a shower or something. lol
You know how it is, the tax man's gonna take half.

The ex wife will get her share, then the roof needs fixing and timmy needs a new bat. By the time it's all over you might not even have enough for a beer.

RE: Who wants to be a Gil-lionaire? - Heidrek - 08-03-2016

(08-03-2016, 12:19 PM)Sena Varont Wrote: Haha, almost 100 views and not one person wants to enter a drawing to win a bunch of gil... I must need to take a shower or something. lol

It's more like 'man this sounds really fun I should enter!'

and then I realize I'll be at work and unable to attend the drawing.

Cry

(08-03-2016, 02:42 PM)Heidrek Wrote:

Cry

Yeah, I'm wondering if maybe that's a recurring issue among the people who've read the thread... maybe I should make the drawing happen on the evening of Friday the 2nd?

Community feedback would be very much appreciated! Big Grin

RE: Who wants to be a Gil-lionaire? - Serenity - 08-03-2016

Serenity Maescia will send in her ballot.

RE: Who wants to be a Gil-lionaire? - T'shina - 08-03-2016

Mayu will mail in the flyer. Why not?

RE: Who wants to be a Gil-lionaire? - SicketySix - 08-03-2016

(08-03-2016, 05:56 PM)Sena Varont Wrote:
(08-03-2016, 02:42 PM)Heidrek Wrote:

Cry

Yeah, I'm wondering if maybe that's a recurring issue among the people who've read the thread... maybe I should make the drawing happen on the evening of Friday the 2nd?

Community feedback would be very much appreciated! Big Grin
That was vey much my problem with the event and the only reason I haven't replied to it.

Little did you guys realize that it said Friday, September 2nd the whole time! Yeah! 

>>

<<

Pretty cool illusion, right? I learned from Criss Angel. His magic also sucks.

RE: Who wants to be a Gil-lionaire? - Arvalap - 08-03-2016

Arvalap Reginleif will mail the flyer too Big Grin

RE: Who wants to be a Gil-lionaire? - Valence - 08-04-2016

Too late for me!

RE: Who wants to be a Gil-lionaire? - Gerel Kha - 08-04-2016

Gerel Kha's sending in a flyer! Right after she gets somebody to read and write it for her.

RE: Who wants to be a Gil-lionaire? - Hammersmith - 08-04-2016

Flameson Hammersmith will send in a flier

Also he'll comment on how it'd be a pity if the entire thing were to burn down if he didn't win.

RE: Who wants to be a Gil-lionaire? - Caspar - 08-04-2016

I wonder if I could make it. I am usually not home until thirty minutes after that.

RE: Who wants to be a Gil-lionaire? - Lydia Lightfoot - 08-04-2016

(08-04-2016, 04:26 PM)Caspar Wrote: I wonder if I could make it. I am usually not home until thirty minutes after that.

The event starting time isn't the same as the event ending time (which isn't really any specific time, I don't like to put cutoffs like that... even when I've hosted tavern night type stuff, I stick around until the last visitors have decided they're tired). :3