Hydaelyn Role-Players
FFXIV feature on MMO-RP - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: FFXIV feature on MMO-RP (/showthread.php?tid=1689)

FFXIV feature on MMO-RP - Alothia - 02-18-2013

Hey guys, I've got a writer position over at mmo-rp.com, and I'm working on a piece about FFXIV:ARR for people who might be interested. What I could use from you guys is this, what are some questions that you think someone who is just now thinking of picking up FFXIV might be interested in knowing. I'm going to talk a bit about the history of FFXIV, including things that happened in 1.0, but if you guys can think about anything in particular that I should mention, please leave it here for me. Thanks so much! I figure this is a great opportunity to get our game out there and maybe get some people who were considering joining for RP purposes more excited in the idea!

RE: FFXIV feature on MMO-RP - Nel Celestine - 02-18-2013

Some questions a new person might ask.

"How would I get started?"
"Where should I look for friends / information?"
"What are some common places for RP?"
"What does Heavy Medium and Light RP mean exactly?"
"I have Character X from Game Y. How can I bring them here?"

RE: FFXIV feature on MMO-RP - Ellie - 02-18-2013

"FFXIV? Isn't that the one that bombed a few years ago? Why would you want to play such a poorly made game?"

RE: FFXIV feature on MMO-RP - Moltove - 02-18-2013

(02-18-2013, 06:01 PM)Ellie Wrote: "FFXIV? Isn't that the one that bombed a few years ago? Why would you want to play such a poorly made game?"

This. I almost want to say that you should just skip that little tid-bit , but unfortunately it's unavoidable. Therefore, whatever you can say to boost the game rather than reedeem it (no really, guys, it's not that bad!)

RE: FFXIV feature on MMO-RP - E'irawen - 02-18-2013

(02-18-2013, 06:01 PM)Ellie Wrote: "FFXIV? Isn't that the one that bombed a few years ago? Why would you want to play such a poorly made game?"

RE: FFXIV feature on MMO-RP - Aysun - 02-18-2013

(02-18-2013, 06:44 PM)Moltove Wrote:

This. I almost want to say that you should just skip that little tid-bit , but unfortunately it's unavoidable. Therefore, whatever you can say to boost the game rather than reedeem it (no really, guys, it's not that bad!)

Can't even say "really guys it's not that bad" because it was so bad that they remade it. XD I'd just stress the amazing changes we saw once Yoshi-P took over and the progress that was made in 1.0 (they kept us entertained, adding new content to a dying game while building a NEW one from scratch), and the huge changes in ARR (without breaking NDA).