Hydaelyn Role-Players
The Household (Closed) - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Role-Play (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+--- Forum: Town Square (IC) (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: The Household (Closed) (/showthread.php?tid=17035)

Pages: 1 2

RE: The Household (Closed) - Gegenji - 10-14-2016

Gran continued his grumpy pig grump-fest even as Mikh'a buried his face in the baby behemoth's purple-furred stomach. The one sign that he had even noticed the Miqo'toddler's actions at all was a deep inhale followed by a short huff of displeasure. Other than that, he was irreconcilable in his porcine pouting - at least until Luxore moved to take "his" baby human away from him. The whines caused Gran's ears to flick up in concern and he shot the Elezen a dark-eyed look, as if calculating how hard he'd have to ram the much larger figure in the ankles to send him toppling. A much more sharp warning snort was all he gave to let Lux know that he best watch what he did with the infant.

"Well, I can't say 'm happy 'e hit folks wit it ta begin wit..." Chachan admitted, a frown creasing his features at Sara's revelation. "But at least 'e knows not ta do that no more. 's like I told 'im, a hammer's 'sposta be fer creatin', not destroyin'." He quieted a bit after that, the irony of his statement considering the new combat style he was developing not entirely lost on him. He didn't dwell on it for too long, though, considering the prospect of food presented to him.

The Lalafell wasn't alone in approaching the table with the Rinnanis/Silverlark family. Gran tailed Luxore the entire way, settling himself at the foot of Mikh'a's chair - ready to both protect his young charge and aggressively beg for table scraps from those unfortunate enough to be in the adjacent seats via violent jostling of the nearest chair legs. Chachan, by comparison, was far less comfortable being so close to the head of the table - a position of power he likely felt he did not deserve given the expression of concern decorating his freckled features. Still, put on the spot as he was, he had little choice but to scramble timidly into his own chair and tried to settle his nerves by looking over the spread of food. Which, given the quiet rumble of his stomach at the sight, was at least partially successful until the Highlander's comment stole his attentions.

"O-oh, um... yeah, tha's me." The Dunesfolk scratched awkwardly at his floof, feeling at odds with the fellow since the man seemed to recognize him to some degree and he could not return the favor. He ran through the list of names provided by Lili and Sara earlier, canting his head this way and that as he counted them all off - dismissing the ones it couldn't be. Given the short list and the his prior knowledge of the other males of the house, could this be Khavan? "Chachanji Gegenji, nice ta meetcha."

RE: The Household (Closed) - Parvacake - 10-20-2016

Lili flashed her eldest a brief but admonishing look. She knew how some lalafells were sensitive to their height constantly being tossed around. While ChaCha seemed the type to not care as much as long as it wasn't excessive or rude, she still tsk'd at him. "Be nice." He simply shrugged and nodded to Lux, "Oi, 'andsome. Dish me up a bowl, would you?"

His husband shot him a brief glare that was all bark and no bite before doing just that. Mikh'a had a plate of nums already that was some chilli beans with bits of cornbread. Given how Gran was still pouting a bit near his chair, Mikh'a giggled mischeviously and let a few crumbs and bits of cornbread slip down to the porkling. For now? No one noticed the tot spoiling ChaCha's companion.

ChaCha was well within range to get his own bowl prepared and it seemed to be a type of meal where everyone did their helpings differently depending on what was added to the mixture.

"So!" Lili beamed across to the lalafell as she took a sip of some wine she poured for herself. "How has the local scene been doing these past suns? I know the same groupings of people and free companies tend to go to things together more often then not. I haven't been out enough to see what has or hasn't changed, so considering yourself my insight to the outside world for now." A playful wink was flashed his way.

RE: The Household (Closed) - Gegenji - 10-20-2016

Chachan shrunk away a bit at the admonishment, even though it wasn't directed at him at all. He just didn't seem to like being the cause for problems - as seen by his reaction when Sara had mentioned Ado's initial usage of his newfound hammer. Rubber head or no, he had certainly been a lot more relieved when the young lady had spoke of the Lalafellin child's "growing out" of that particular habit. Just as he became more relieved when the tensions seemed to fade as Khavan was provided his meal.

Speaking of meals, it perhaps took him a moment too long before the Doman realized that he was to serve himself. A faint blush of embarrassment danced across his freckled cheeks as he timidly gathered up some of the provided food for himself, and even then he took far less than his stomach clamored for. After all, there was quite the number of individuals at the table, and he didn't want to seem the poor house guest by eating up all their food. He tried not to be too obvious about it, but any observant eye would notice him pausing as he moved from plate to plate - as if trying to figure out how much was "okay" to take.

Gran had no such apprehensions, quickly inhaling the crumbs as soon as he noticed them. Re-energized by the treat, he started snuffling around Mikha's chair for more - caring rather little to the various chair legs he might bump into in the process. Should no more such treats appear - or, worse, should he learn it came from the Miqo'toddler - the baby behemoth would settle on his haunches at the infant's chair and give it irregular little headbutts to seek to jostle down more prizes. Subtlety was not this porker's forte.

Meanwhile, Chachan's hesitation on his food collection meant he was just setting his plate back down in front of him when Lili posed her question to him. He blinked in brief confusion, pointing to himself as if to clarify that he was the lady Hyur's intended conversation target. Once that had been verified, his response was less than fantastical.

"U-um, I might not be th' best one ta ask 'bout that," came his admittance as he scratched at the back of his neck awkwardly. "I mean, I still get out ta th' Quicksand now 'n then... but 've been spendin' most'a me suns either workin' in me smithy or doin' some inspection'r somethin' fer one'a th' House Dantes holdin's. Mines'n stuff."

He paused for a beat.

"Err... wait, no... not House Dantes. House... Dentist?" he ventured, as if one of them could properly correct him on his failure to remember the name of the noble house to which he apparently served as seneschal. All the while, he counted all his wrong guesses on his stout fingers as the name 'Dentra' continued to elude him. "No... Dental? Domino? Dance?"

"A-anyway," he finally continued after thoroughly embarrassing himself further and deepening the splash of crimson across his cheeks. "I dun really have much I can tell ya other'n Virara found 'erself a new Free Company 'n finally has 'erself 'er own room. I-it dun sound like much, 'm sure, but I was super happy fer 'er."