Hydaelyn Role-Players
Returning player looking for RP, friends and maybe a FC :) - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Returning player looking for RP, friends and maybe a FC :) (/showthread.php?tid=17114)

Returning player looking for RP, friends and maybe a FC :) - Ellwen Verneuil - 08-30-2016

Hello, I figured I would say hi and fill out one of these thingers. >_>Bouncy

MMORPG background

There are so many MMORPGs that I have played over the years, I fear that I have lost count! Though the first one I was introduced to was actually Guildwars and then Aion, World of Warcraft, Guildwars 2, Tera-Online and FFXIV- A Realm Reborn. In the last year I have bounce around from Blade & Soul, Black Desert, some FFXIV and back to WoW and now back here.. >_>

I am no stranger to Balmung even if it feels like it sometimes, I started up on the server back in Beta and was actually part of Harbringers of the Dawn in the FCs early stages. 

--RP experience

I have a fair bit of RP experience in mostly mmorpgs and forum style RP. Sadly since it has been a very long times since I RPed a character, I am very rusty in the department. Also being a slow typer more experienced RPers tend to intimidate me greatly, due to past experience of encountering none patient people.

Add my terrible spelling, sentence structure and grammar and I am left standing off to the side watching RP happen but not stepping out of the shadows.

Though I am open to walk-ups! Just be patient with me and we will have a blast... I hope >_>

--Character ideas/info
My character backstory is still in the works I have a idea of her in my head, but have yet to type it out. I have to dig a bit more into Duskwight lore and then go from there.

--How did you learn about the coalition?

Google search Wink and decided to come say hi here.

--What kind of a role-player are you aiming to be? Light, medium, or heavy?

Hopefully Light-medium since I am pretty much starting out fresh.

--Anything from real life you'€™re comfortable with sharing? (Work, school, hobbies, etc)

I work nights at a nursing home as a PSW, meaning I sleep most of my day and am active at least 4-5 hrs (EST) before work which makes me rather casual. As a person I am pretty quiet and keep to myself at first, yet once you get me talking there is no possibility of me ever shutting up.

As for hobbies well I sleep a lot (can that be considered a hobby?), listen to music, watch anime and just enjoy life.

--As a player:

Having recently returned to Balmung, I pretty much know no one and have zero friends, so at the moment I am looking for contacts in the RP community to lend a hand/guidence and maybe be friends with. Once my character's backstory is complete I will be actively looking for a FC whom accepts casual players who are interested in Light-Medium RP. 

In game I can be found lurking around on my main Ellwen Verneuil.

Anyways! I look forwards to meeting any of you in game or talking to you on here Smile

Cheers!
~Ell .
Tonberry

RE: Returning player looking for RP, friends and maybe a FC :) - Accendie - 08-30-2016

Hello hello! Welcome to Balmung!

Until you find an FC feel free to peruse the BalmungRPCalendar to find events to start networking at. Some big shindigs, other small tavern nights. All are good! Also check out the Making Connections forum as it's full of other folks looking for just the same thing.

RE: Returning player looking for RP, friends and maybe a FC :) - Lydia Lightfoot - 08-31-2016

Hi there Ellwen! I didn't know you before, but it's nice to see someone return just the same! If you're looking to make a few new friends, come by my FC's tavern night this week (event details) and say hello. We also have a public Discord text channel you could join if you want to reach out to us and arrange some RP time whenever - the details are on our FC's page here on the RPC, and you can be on the Discord even if you're not interested in the FC, don't worry. :3

Hope to see you around! Big Grin

RE: Returning player looking for RP, friends and maybe a FC :) - Faye - 08-31-2016

Welcome to the RPC! Big Grin

RE: Returning player looking for RP, friends and maybe a FC :) - Ruran - 08-31-2016

Hey hey, welcome back to the game, and welcome to the forums! C: