Hydaelyn Role-Players
How are you preparing for patch 3.4? - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: How are you preparing for patch 3.4? (/showthread.php?tid=17224)

Pages: 1 2 3

How are you preparing for patch 3.4? - Yunas13 - 09-11-2016

Patch 3.4 Soul Surrender is getting closer and closer. I started thinking about this morning how everyone is getting their mains ready for what is to come? I'm at the moment leveling an alt but I would love love to finish up the coils so I can see what the changed dialogue is. Smile I'm also saving my gil and trying to not spend, though I might look into getting materia for Hikaru so she can be stronger in the healing department for the new dungeons!

RE: How are you preparing for patch 3.4? - Ruran - 09-11-2016

I think I've got my main (Ruran) up to snuff. Mostly upgraded, finished Coil a long time ago, and have been working on collecting tomes for my secondary classes. Also been saving up gil for whatever nice glamours/furniture is released. +_+

I tagged along with the cool folks over at JH-RP and OoO to get Coil completed on my alt (Madoc) yesterday! We went through T1 all the way to T13, and it was an awesome trip. Madoc's not as geared as Ruran, but I think he's pretty set for the patch. I'd still like to get more tomes for him though, just to give his ilevel a nice boost.

Mostly just fidgeting, ready to tackle the content as soon as it's released.

RE: How are you preparing for patch 3.4? - Aaron - 09-11-2016

Nothing, I'm gonna be spamming the 1v1 PvP dueling like no tomorrow.

RE: How are you preparing for patch 3.4? - Virella - 09-11-2016

Absolutely nothing. I'm purposely not clearing coils with Ave, so I can see the difference on Virella and Avelyn with the questline ^^!

RE: How are you preparing for patch 3.4? - Gegenji - 09-11-2016

I'm not doing anything in particular. Perhaps set my alarm clock early just so I can see if any houses in the Goblet auto-relinquish once the timer is put back on. Doubtful, but since I wake up relatively early anyway, it can't hurt to log in and see.

I've only did a tiny bit of Coil, and I get the niggling feeling that the change is only going to be a line or two of dialogue of her recognizing you or something similar... so I don't feel horribly inspired to try and get through the whole thing now. Angel

RE: How are you preparing for patch 3.4? - V'aleera - 09-11-2016

Mostly just prepping for the market rush that comes with every new major patch.

RE: How are you preparing for patch 3.4? - Valen - 09-11-2016

For some reason I just never really got around to running much content in this patch, so now I'm scratching and clawing to reach ilvl 235 so I can run the EX Trial on the day the patch drops.

RE: How are you preparing for patch 3.4? - Aden Dellebecque - 09-11-2016

Nothing. I still need to clear Coil and get three more points of ilvl, but haven't had time to reliably do roulettes, nevermind that other crap.

I'll probably end up just farming some mats that I think will sell well.

RE: How are you preparing for patch 3.4? - Kilieit - 09-11-2016

Nothing, but now you mention it I should craft some cheap housing items to sell at a ridiculous markup to all the people who are excited about having an apartment now.

RE: How are you preparing for patch 3.4? - TK Hikaru - 09-11-2016

[youtube]-ZC1QazUaeM[/youtube]

Like this.

RE: How are you preparing for patch 3.4? - Cecily Jisi - 09-11-2016

Getting my computer sent in to be fixed. Don't know how long I'll be gone. Hopefully in time for the patch to go live.

RE: How are you preparing for patch 3.4? - Kellach Woods - 09-11-2016

i'm not.

RE: How are you preparing for patch 3.4? - Star Lin - 09-11-2016

Trying to get my main Tanya through coil (the FC is just doing 5, 9, and 13 in hope that the achivement is was triggers the bit for her dialogue), but miss out on the run for 9 yesterday.  Going to try to get it later this week before the last run on 13 this coming Saturday.  For John, I'm not sure if I can get a group together to get it and really, if I get it on Tanya then I want to see the difference with John.  With Kestlona, I'm not even going to attempt it.

RE: How are you preparing for patch 3.4? - Sunwins - 09-12-2016

I am just saving all my gil.

RE: How are you preparing for patch 3.4? - Gabineaux - 09-12-2016

(09-11-2016, 11:38 AM)Aaron Wrote: Nothing, I'm gonna be spamming the 1v1 PvP dueling like no tomorrow.

Sorry friend I heard it's going to be an FFA Gurubashi Arena style. So.. any hope I had for that is gone. I REALLY hope I'm wrong. REALLY hope. The direct translation said dueling. The live letter video shows a pit people are killing eachother in aimlessly.

Anyway that put a whole damper on my everything. As I was thinking of getting my RP ducks in a row. I was thinking of making an RP-PvP free company with some weekly /duel tournaments and the like.. as soon as I could get my paws on a large house. Buuut if it's just going to be an FFA arena? Goddamnit that will make organizing shit too difficult. It will already be difficult because anything IC will have to be in a linkshell/alliance/free company chat, due to the pvpers who are going to be around there and not be RP friendly....... MMMMMMM.