Hydaelyn Role-Players
Rogue RP- Ryn and John Investigate Seiji (Group RP Log) - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Role-Play (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+--- Forum: Town Square (IC) (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: Rogue RP- Ryn and John Investigate Seiji (Group RP Log) (/showthread.php?tid=17229)

Rogue RP- Ryn and John Investigate Seiji (Group RP Log) - Star Lin - 09-12-2016

(ooc: The log for the investigation that John and Ryn did, along with Kaito and Aghurlal.  Please enjoy.)

Prologue- The Mission
[1]<Kaito Nagano> Faint, faint tapping can be heard. There is no measure or cadence to the sound. The intended recipient should be savvy to the noise and what it actually conveyed. [Fury.]
[1]<♣Aghurlal Qar'akimusun> ...ye?
[1]<Rynathan Elurhandir> "Te fuck's tha' noise?"
[1]<♣Aghurlal Qar'akimusun> 'S someone tryin' to talk.
[1]<♣Aghurlal Qar'akimusun> Lemme listen.
[1]<Rynathan Elurhandir> "...so much fer speakin' freely on this thin'," he mutters.  A thump is heard, followed by a whimper. "Quit yer winnin', shoul've though' ta na' steal all te pretty shinies.  Freakin' rook."
[1]<Kaito Nagano> A soft scoff. More tapping. [In a meeting right now. Cannot relay normally. Maelstrom Corporal Seiji Kanada. I need a nob on him. Any whid about his movements within the city-state and Swiftperch within the last fortnight.] A pause. [This one is urgent. Need answers before the morrow. I'll repay the favor.]
[1]<Jordan Kennedy> *a similar hushed tone* "If'n ye can't get Piggy, Tell yer Auntie"
[1]<♣Aghurlal Qar'akimusun> Piggy and Auntie. Right. For them what missed it, need whids on Maelstrom Corporal Seiji Kanada's movements twixt LImsa an' Swiftperch within the last fortnight.
[1]<♣Aghurlal Qar'akimusun> Any takers? I'll prolly jump on it right soon.
[1]<Rynathan Elurhandir> "...oooh.  Can't speak.  Sorry...tappin' person.  Ye need o' hand, ye'll 'ave it."
[1]<Brice Fiske> "would love to help but, got my hands full* Sound of magic being thrown around in his background. "Be safe out there."
[1]<John Waterstrike> "If you need help, Fury, I'm up for it..."
[1]<Rynathan Elurhandir> "I'll be ta Limsa in o' flash.  Tell me where ta meet ye."
[1]<♣Aghurlal Qar'akimusun> Could maybe use a hand, aye, or a better cover. Me face ain't that o' a stranger over that ways, seein' as I were tryin' to get a grip on Warfury not less than a week ago.
[1]<♣Aghurlal Qar'akimusun> Only so many times you can ask after a 'friend' 'til folks start askin' why you's askin', aye?
[1]<♣Aghurlal Qar'akimusun> ((got an unspoiled node in 10 minutes and then i'll be free))
[1]<Rynathan Elurhandir> "Hmm...well, I can go a askin'.  Haven' played any o' te players on te board, so ta speak."
[1]<John Waterstrike> "Where do you want to meet?"
[1]<♣Aghurlal Qar'akimusun> Ferry docks in Limsa, or Aleport, whichever you's closest to now. We'll all group up proper in Aleport an' head east.
[1]<Rynathan Elurhandir> A' an aetheryte now.  See ye a' Aleport."
[1]<♣Aghurlal Qar'akimusun> Piggy, these movements official-like, or off the books? Don't want to go pokin' 'round no Yellowjacket records iffin we don't have to.
[1]<John Waterstrike> "Meet you at Aleport."
[1]<Kaito Nagano> Tapping. [Fury, play it clean. Rest of you, heads down. Reds and Yellows know your face. I don't want them to know theirs.]
[1]<♣Aghurlal Qar'akimusun> Aye aye. Slight change o' plans - you lot meet in Aleport, an' I'll start at ferrydocks. Pretend ye don't know me iffin' ye see me.
John Waterstrike comes up from the docks, hat pull low over his eyes.  He reach out placing his hand to make like he was calming the bird as his eyes glance over  the people here.
[1]<Rynathan Elurhandir> "...alright, look inconspicuous 'nogh'.  A' te Aetheryte na'."

Act I- To Swiftperch
John Waterstrike eyes flicker over catching Rynathan over to the side.  He lifted his hat a little, to make better eye contact.
[1]<♣Aghurlal Qar'akimusun> Keep me an' our red-coated friends up to date on developments.
[1]<John Waterstrike> "Alright, Fury."
Rynathan Elurhandir whistles inconspicuously as he runs a finger over the edge of his bastard sword.  He turns his eye toward the man on the chocobo, shrugs, then turns back to his sword.  However, his ear wiggles a little, as if in greeting.
[1]<Rynathan Elurhandir> "Lead te way, lad.  Coul' act like were leve-runnin', if ye's like"
[1]<John Waterstrike> "Alright."
John Waterstrike stops for a moment, looking over what look to be leves plates, murmuring a bit before heading to Swiftperch.
Rynathan Elurhandir scowls a little as he looks up at the lad on the high chocobo.  "Any idea what we're supposed to be cuttin', lad?  Rather have my ale gil sooner than later," he asks, his tone harsh and almost Ul'dahn in accent.
Rynathan Elurhandir whistles loudly for his chocobo, which arrives rather suddenly.  It's a big thing, and it makes him look minisule as he jumps into the saddle.

((after they move away frome Aleport))
John Waterstrike stops for a moment, making sure the road is clear.  "Not a bad accent," he murmurred.  "Any idea who we look to about what we have to do?"
Rynathan Elurhandir: "Nah o' fuckin' clue, lad.  Le's make our way over, an' fin' out who ta question over te pearl."
[1]<Rynathan Elurhandir>  "Hey, Agh. Shoul' we follow yer lead on who ta question?"
Rynathan Elurhandir: "Yah, chobobo!"
[1]<♣Aghurlal Qar'akimusun> Hells, I reckon you know as well as me. I got sod-all last week an' only found our mort after she were dead, so maybe yous'll have more luck than I.
John Waterstrike after noding, he gives one pat and the bird takes off, following and passing after
[1]<Rynathan Elurhandir> "Lovely...a' Swiftperch now."
[1]<♣Aghurlal Qar'akimusun> Give you a tip, though. Don't bother talkin' to [hyuran-sounding name], 'e's a drunkard what likes makin' up stories.
[1]<John Waterstrike> "Will do, Fury."
John Waterstrike gives one more pat, the slips off.  "Find some greens, Safire." letting the bird head off.
John Waterstrike frowns a little before putting the plates away.  He would speak with the Lalafell first.
Rynathan Elurhandir turns the large bird about, and hops off.  "Alright, ya beast, get and go fill that stomach!" he mutters, patting it on the hip as it runs off toward the range.
Rynathan Elurhandir: "Oi, blueberry!  I said we were here for leves, did I not?  You trying ta cut corners on my ale gil!?"
John Waterstrike: "Ah, shut ye trap.  Making nice with locals helps with ye mining."
Rynathan Elurhandir: "Boy, does it look like this sword was made for /mining?/" he grunts, a mischevious glint in his eye as he gives the lad a sour look.
John Waterstrike trying not to cring at the way he spoke to Ryn...but knowing it was part of the act.  "Thought ya was going to poke some of the bushes or a over size tooth pick."  He glance away.  "Ifna ya want extra gil, ya should have pick up a battle leve."
Rynathan Elurhandir: "Well that's what /that/ big bastard's for, aye?" he sulks, pointing at Swygskyf.
John Waterstrike: "Well, Ya go talk to him.  Ah make nice with the locals so I know the best are ta do some mining."
Rynathan Elurhandir mutters something about being Thal's balls deep in some chocoshite as he stomps over to the levemate.
John Waterstrike stops over by Fewon.  "Hey, know of any better mining then what on these."  Fewon look up at him, "They be mark...then do them."  John rolls his eyes.  "A friend said ya would know the best place to mine."
Rynathan Elurhandir: "This is all ye can offer?  Thal's balls, man, that hardly covers my board, let alone my broad.  Whatever, it'll be done in a flash," he scowls, though he exchanges a fist bump with the man and pads away with a smirk on his face.  "Oi blueberry!  Time to earn your gil!"
John Waterstrike ||Fewon look at him, seeming to peek up at the praise.  "Ah, who be your friend?"  John grin, "Name Seiji Kanada...haven't seen the loute in a while and he told me to  see..." and tries not to blink as he gets a glaring eye roll.  "That lout sleeps more thena he should.  Cannot believe he's be an officer."
John Waterstrike pinch the bridge of his nose.  "Ah...that sound likea him...Ah'll going have a few words...mostly with me pick." and stomps over to Ryn.
John Waterstrike stops by him.  "Ifna ya ready, lets head on out."
Rynathan Elurhandir: "Let's go blueberry.  There're dodo's to cut, an' wolves to lay down."

((After they move away from Swiftperch))
Rynathan Elurhandir takes a deep breath and sighs when they're out of earshot.  "Sorry fer te act, mate."
Rynathan Elurhandir: "Figure we run some leves so we've o' solid cover, an' question tha' Yellowjacket bou' this Seiji character.  If i's in line with wha' ye've uncovered, we shoul' be green."
John Waterstrike sighs, "Sorry for the words Sir." he said.  He was really missing his fairy persent but well he had plenty of apples for her at home.  "Looks like Seiji was sleeping more then guarding, at least from what I gather."
Rynathan Elurhandir: "Anyone 'ave eyes on 'im sleepin'...or who 'e was sleepin with?"
John Waterstrike: "It might be different with the other Jackets though."  He shakes his head.  "The lalafell didn't mention anyone else with him.  Might get more from the others though."
Rynathan Elurhandir: "Aye...an' nothin' ta apoligize fer, mate.  I's o tight scheule, an' we've ta make due 'bout what we're runnin'."

((four leves in five minutes later))
Rynathan Elurhandir: "An' tha's tha'...yer pretty dimber fer a stabber, eh?"
John Waterstrike: "Thank you, Sir though Pic...my friend was far better at them."
Rynathan Elurhandir: "I's jus' o' matter o' time an' patence, lad.  Ye don' ge' good in o' day...usually," he replies as he holds out the bastard sword, looking at it curiously before sheathing it.
Rynathan Elurhandir: "An' Ryn'll do, lad.  Ain' no ser," he adds with a jesting smirk.
John Waterstrike rub the back of his neck.  "My teacher says the same but well..." he shurg his shoulder.  "Um, ok Si...I mean Ryn.  Think we better head back and see what the Jackets know?"
Rynathan Elurhandir: "Bes' ta wait fer o' bit, I thin'...don' wan' ta make i' look ;ike tha' was too easy, les' te Jacket ge' wary..."
John Waterstrike nods even as he tugs a bit at his gloves.  He closed his eyes for a moment, getting a scent of sea air.  "Been a while since I been out here."
Rynathan Elurhandir: "Aye...been awhile since I've foun' m'self ou' an about La Noscea.  Me mate'o'mine have a room in Thanalan, o' all te places...so, well, I've been more far afield than usual."
Rynathan Elurhandir: "Certainly o' nicer breeze ta smell.  Salt beats dus' any day."
John Waterstrike blinks.  "Thanalan is home but..." he trail off, feeling the edge of some of Pick's memories brushing against his own.  "Sea dye pink...makes like a blush of a young lady as Sun meets water."  He blush a little.  "Friend use to tell me that."
[1]<♣Aghurlal Qar'akimusun> How are you doing?
Rynathan Elurhandir chuckles.  "Soun's like his head is in te gutter some, iff'n ye ge me meanin'...anyway, tha' soul' be long enough.  Le's go poke a Jacket."
John Waterstrike nods blushing even more since he knew who the young lady was he talking about.  Coughs a little in his hand.  "Yeah, we better head back."  His ear wiggle at the voice over the pearl.
[1]<Rynathan Elurhandir> "Inital review show's 'e's a slacker...but clean otherwise.  Pokin' o' Jacket now."
[1]<♣Aghurlal Qar'akimusun> What sort o' slacker?
[1]<John Waterstrike> "A bit of sleeping instead of guarding from what the local say."
[1]<♣Aghurlal Qar'akimusun> Right-o.

Act III- the Interview
((upon returning to Swiftperch))
Rynathan Elurhandir: "Alright, you bird, go wait outside while I get my gil," he mutters, jumping off as the bird flees for the plains.
John Waterstrike gives a long suffering sigh.  "So ya got ya gil.  Happy now?"
Rynathan Elurhandir exchanges hands with the levemate, a note sticking out from the bag of gil he was handed.  "Aye, that'll get my junk touched at least.  He won't tell me a thing about mining, though, so take that up with him," he mutters, handing John a share of the gil...as well as the note.
John Waterstrike takes the gil.  "Well, it'll get me some food in me stomach. "  Pocket the gil but not before glancing at the note.  "Alright, Ah'll see about the mining, ya go and do something..."
Rynathan Elurhandir: "Anyway...need to guestion that bloke in yellow about a debt owed.  So /excuse/ me."
John Waterstrike busy looking over the mining plates on the leves, making a face at them.
Rynathan Elurhandir: "Oi, roe-tits!  Where's yer friend Seiji!  Corporal Seiji?"
||Fraeloef glares down at the miqo'te.  "Oi, watch ye trap." he said.  "Seiji...Ah ya mean the slacker Corporal?"
Rynathan Elurhandir: "Aye, that chocoshite owes me gil.  Said his word was good after I won more than he had at a Triad bet...and it's been nearly seven suns!  I'm here to collect!"
||Fraeloef looks down in disbelief at Ryn.  "Ha, ya musta got him roaring drunk to get guy to gamble."
||Fraeloef gave a laugh.  "Probably be why he owe ya."
Rynathan Elurhandir blinks in suprise but presses forward.  "You're certain? Isn't he that wide-eyed lalafelan bastart that likes to boast about the girth of his junk?"
||Fraeloef throws his head back with a laugh.  "Ya been taken it seems." he said.  "Coporal Seiji is a dark skin Hyur... midlander me think, not that ya can tell the difference between them highlander and midlanders."
Rynathan Elurhandir: "That.../that/..."
Rynathan Elurhandir: (yells) "That two faced midgit /shite fucker/!"
Rynathan Elurhandir fumes, breathing deeply as he look about enraged.  "And this Seiji man, he ain't the type to send folk to do his bidding?"
||Fraeloef threw his head back laughing even louder.  "Ya just going have ta look for the midgit else were.  Lot that you'll probably have any luck finding him."  He calm down a little.  "Probably hop the first boat once he was sure ya was on a Wild Dodo chase."  Looks thoughtful for a moment.
||Fraeloef snorts after a moment.  "Ifna it can get him outa guard duty then yeah, hena probably would."
||Fraeloef shakes his head.  "Will admit that Ah never seen him send anyone else and he is ona Guard duty on time....even if he falls asleep at his post."
Rynathan Elurhandir sulks in his spot, rubbing a fist into his palm.  "Well...guess I best go find a trail on this wee bastard.  When we meet in Thal's realm, first round's on me," he mutters sullenly, stomping off as he barks at John.  "Oi, blueberry!  We've a con to go gut!"
John Waterstrike hands over the leve plates.  "Better keep him from ending up in the ceil.  Ah use the leves fro 'Port."

((After they pad away from Swiftperch))
John Waterstrike sighs.  "Well, not sure if that help us or not, Ryn."
Rynathan Elurhandir takes a deep breath, and sighs in relief, shooting the lad a savy grin.  "An tha', as they say,  is tha...te Levemete feed us anythin' useful?"
John Waterstrike shakes his head.  "Only what was on the note.  So we should probably keep an eye on this Seiji...even if it just seems that he rather sleep then guard."
John Waterstrike: "Or maybe the route he uses, in case he's meeting someone between the walk from Aleport and here."
Rynathan Elurhandir: "Eh, from wha' I coul' tell?  Seems this Seiji's pretty clean cut.  If he only gambles when drunk off his arse, he shouldn' be te conivin' type sober.
Rynathan Elurhandir: "An' if all he's doin' is slackin', I don' think he's te type ta plot agains' Limsa.  He's gettin' his gil te easy way, an' i' seems likely he ain' te sor' o' rook ta risk his neck plant'n bombs round te city in his off time."
John Waterstrike thinks for a moment.  "So..." he sigh, "We're still back to square one on who and why they wanted to bomb near the guild during a fighting tournament."
Rynathan Elurhandir: "A' te very leas', we've confirmed tha' this Seiji ain' worth te time we can't afford ta waste.  If anythin', i' migh' make him o' resource.  Either way, le's report ta Aghu, an' scamper off before we ge' made."

Epilogue- the Report

((As they walk back to Aleport))
[1]<Rynathan Elurhandir> "Oi Aghu?  Ye 'roun'?"
[1]<♣Aghurlal Qar'akimusun> Yeah. S'up?
[1]<Rynathan Elurhandir> "This Seiji bloke seems clean cut.  A slacker tha' sleeps on te job, bu' tha's jus' 'im makin' easy gil.  Don' gamble sober, don' use folk ta do 'is work, so far as we coul' tell."
[1]<♣Aghurlal Qar'akimusun> Aight. Lines up wit' what I got. Chatted to Maelstrom's public-facin' lot an' they said 'e was in timely-like at 7 bells past noon, every night, no funny business.
[1]<♣Aghurlal Qar'akimusun> Piggy? Auntie?
[1]<Kaito Nagano> "Aye, oink."
[1]<♣Aghurlal Qar'akimusun> Got that?
[1]<♣Aghurlal Qar'akimusun> Normally I'd be suggestin' you get someone to check over lad's paperwork for tamperin', but coupled wit' what Ryn's got an' I dunno if it's worth it.
[1]<Kaito Nagano> "Clearer than a bell. And on your end, Fury?"
((They return to the Aetheryte in Aelport))
Rynathan Elurhandir leans against the wall, looking up at the aetheryte with a small grin.
[1]<♣Aghurlal Qar'akimusun> Naught of interest around town, an' his command say he's clean.
[1]<♣Aghurlal Qar'akimusun> Whatcha want 'im for, anyroad?
[1]<Kaito Nagano> "He's a suspect in the investigation. Apparently the uniform the Jacket was wearing had been rented out in his name before the bombing. From the sounds of your investigation, he's been set up."
[1]<♣Aghurlal Qar'akimusun> Aye-aye.
[1]<♣Aghurlal Qar'akimusun> Could've picked a darker cull to pin...
[1]<Rynathan Elurhandir> "Well tha's convenien'...led te Jacket I poked te believe some lalafel stole his name ta make o' bet."
[1]<Kaito Nagano> "Never know, Fury. Respectable gentlemen like us don't look half bad in the lightmans."
John Waterstrike sighs, placing his hand on his pack, feeling Kit's book was still safe there.  Trying not to grimce at what was going on over the pearl.
[1]<Kaito Nagano> "..." Snickering. "Nice."
[1]<Rynathan Elurhandir> "Tha' migh' get te proper athorities lookin' in te right direction fer a change." *snickers in kind*
[1]<Rynathan Elurhandir> "Need anythin' else before we pad off here?"
[1]<John Waterstrike> "Think the Jacket will say anything to Seiji about a miqo'te looking for him?"
[1]<Kaito Nagano> "Doubt it. I'll keep the Yellows hushed. They're more than happy to keep their gobs shut around us reds regardless."
[1]<Rynathan Elurhandir> "Nah, I've o' pretty convincin' Ul'dahn accen', an' I made it pretty clear I was huntin' wee men this nigh'."
[1]<Rynathan Elurhandir> "Anyway, if tha's all, I'm gonna pad off.  Pleasure ta' help ye dimber dabbers ou'."
[1]<John Waterstrike> "I should head home soon as well.  If you need anything else, Fury...Piggy, I'll have the pearl open."
[1]<♣Aghurlal Qar'akimusun> Thankin' ye both very much.
[1]<John Waterstrike> "Glad I could help."
[1]<Rynathan Elurhandir> "Always o pleasure ta dance tha' tune...till next time then."
John Waterstrike glance over, even as he gathers aether around him.  "Be careful heading home yourself, Ryn."
Rynathan Elurhandir sighs contently.  "Well, pleasure workin' with ye, lad.  DIdn' catch yer name though."
[1]<Kaito Nagano> "Much obliged, gentlemen." Click!
John Waterstrike thinks for a moment before removing his hat and freeing up his ears.  "John, Sir." he said, bowing. "But Fury seem to starting calling me Scribbles."  He gave a small smile.  "Maybe I'll see you at the Grindstone one night."
John Waterstrike: "But if ya wish, I'll also go by my um, friend's old Rogue name...'Pitch'."
Rynathan Elurhandir: "Made i' ta te semifinals las' night...who knows?  Maybe we'll ge' ta square off next time, Scribbles," he replies with a grin, pushing off the wall and slapping him on the back with a hearty chuckle.
John Waterstrike gives another small smile.  "Thought I recongize you but well, were was a lot of fighters to heal last night."
Rynathan Elurhandir chuckles.  "Pretty sure I caugh' yer scen' when someone wen' about offerin' healin," he chuckles pulls aether in around him, invisioning home in his mind. "Oschon send ye down clever paths lad."
((Ryn Teleports away))