Hydaelyn Role-Players
This or That? - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: This or That? (/showthread.php?tid=17250)

This or That? - Amianne - 09-15-2016

I'm making a fresh start for myself, so that means I'm rerolling my character. Buuuuuuut I can't decide to what! So help me decide! I like playing elezen, but miqote seem fun too! So what shall my new gal be?
Elezen or miqote?

RE: This or That? - Cecily Jisi - 09-15-2016

I'd probably say go with Elezen because there are too many Miqo'tes in the servers.

RE: This or That? - Kilieit - 09-15-2016

I wouldn't say there are too many miqo'te (because I don't like to make people feel bad about things they want to play), BUT there is certainly a shortage of lady elezen. I think some cute things can be done with the character creator for them, and it'd be neat to see one around!

Of course, the racial lore and setting inspiration for both races is quite different, so one might be better to your taste than the other... what kind of characters do you like to play, backstory-wise?

Fret not, dear Kilieit, I say that as one of those Miqo'tes that there are too many of.

RE: This or That? - Aaron - 09-15-2016

Why be either of those inferior races when you can be a Midlander?

RE: This or That? - FullmoonFeline - 09-15-2016

I cast my vote for elezen! 
What type of characters do you typically like to play as? Or are you throwing caution to the wind and totally changing things up? :3

RE: This or That? - SicketySix - 09-15-2016

(09-15-2016, 09:55 AM)Aaron Wrote: Why be either of those inferior races when you can be a Midlander?

Because I'm practically a Hyur IRL? lol

Boring.

And Miqo gets my vote because we rock!

RE: This or That? - Valence - 09-15-2016

Play whatever you fancy

(09-15-2016, 09:21 AM)Cecily Jisi Wrote: Fret not, dear Kilieit, I say that as one of those Miqo'tes that there are too many of.

Why playing one if there are too many then? Or is that too many other than yourself? Undecided

RE: This or That? - Aurou - 09-15-2016

I would say look at the lore of the races and roll whichever strikes you as more interesting! I'm in love with Miqo'te lore, myself. There aren't nearly enough Elezen players, though. Whatever you will have the most fun writing.

(09-15-2016, 11:27 AM)Valence Wrote: Play whatever you fancy

(09-15-2016, 09:21 AM)Cecily Jisi Wrote: Fret not, dear Kilieit, I say that as one of those Miqo'tes that there are too many of.

Why playing one if there are too many then? Or is that too many other than yourself? Undecided

It's just the race I started with before moving to Balmung. Then I fantasia'd into an Au Ra, then again into a Lalafell, now I'm back as a cat and I kinda wanna be a Lala again. Or maybe try Elezen next...

RE: This or That? - Aaron - 09-15-2016

(09-15-2016, 10:03 AM)SicketySix Wrote:
(09-15-2016, 09:55 AM)Aaron Wrote: Why be either of those inferior races when you can be a Midlander?

Because I'm practically a Hyur IRL? lol

Boring.

And Miqo gets my vote because we rock!
You can't call Hyur boring when...

*tosses a ball of yarn your way*

RE: This or That? - Parvacake - 09-15-2016

Elezen! Be a stately giraffe of Eorzea Big Grin

RE: This or That? - Amianne - 09-15-2016

The kind of characters I like to play... those that are helpful to others. A deep backstory (usually have the character's WHOLE backstory written before i even start rp'ing).. something about them their friends wouldn't know or suspect.. things liek that, the usual tropes.

But...............

I decided to stick with Elezen. Specifically Duskwight. I played a Dusk for a bit, and I found them to be fascinating. Yes, I LOVE the Keeper of the Sun lore.. but the fact I can throw a stone in any direction and hit a Miqote really turns me off to them. And Hyur... meh. I need something different I guess.

Thank you all for your input, I greatly appreciate it! I'm delighted so many responded. And I ALMOST incited a race war yay!

RE: This or That? - Caspar - 09-15-2016

My general rule of thumb is to not let the demographics or tastes of other players/characters interfere with my decision and focus on using whatever suits the narrative of my story while fitting into the setting. However it's true that it's easy to get lost in the crowd if your pick is common, so it's very much worth considering. Maybe it's just the circles I roam in, but I see a lot of Elezen; most characters I know are Miqote and Au Ra in one tier, followed by Highlander and Elezen, but that's confirmation bias. Basically I play such an uncommon race everyone else seems highly populated in comparison lol.