Hydaelyn Role-Players
How's GC RP going? - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: How's GC RP going? (/showthread.php?tid=17255)

How's GC RP going? - Seriphyn - 09-15-2016

I'm trying to get back into FFXIV RP of late, and (hopefully) people recall I would RP as an Immortal Flame elite. I'm curious as to how RP centered around the grand companies is going. I know there's the Maelstrom Command FC that's on my list to check out (actually pleasantly reminds me of my Flame Yataghans thing from 2013/14).

Most of FFXIV GC RP has really centered around a more "weekend warrior" approach or otherwise supplemental capacity. That's fine, since obviously it's highly restrictive to play as a regular troop (although I'll always proudly stick to that MO for Kale). Is there anything new out there, besides the FC I mentioned? 

I'll always be interested in touching bases with GC RPers, weekend warriors or not! Even if it's not GC, my current intention is to play Kale as a "support character" to people's plots and character stories. You know, contextualize events as a member of the "real world" that is affected by adventurers'/PCs' shenanigans. If PCs are Batman, Kale is Commissioner Gordon!

RE: How's GC RP going? - Kaniko Niko - 09-15-2016

Your emergency summit on the post-2.55 global instability regarding the sudden political climate shift was my very first RP event. It's good to see you back.

RE: How's GC RP going? - Gabineaux - 09-15-2016

I have only seen the Maelstrom Command, like you said. Other than that, seen 0 Adder RP at all. Ever. Never seen much for adders. I've seen a few Flames RP FCs puttering around, maybe? Hmmm. Yep. Maelstrom Command looks REALLY NEATO.

But yeah you mentioned them, and that's all I have seen lately. Um, Jutat? That's a Flames FC isn't it? I don't know, really. I'm sorry. Maybe you should start something up again, even if it's just a linkshell.

RE: How's GC RP going? - Seriphyn - 09-15-2016

(09-15-2016, 06:20 PM)Kaniko Niko Wrote: Your emergency summit on the post-2.55 global instability regarding the sudden political climate shift was my very first RP event.  It's good to see you back.

Thanks! Big Grin I was actually thinking of a "welcome back to the Alliance" sort of event between Ishgard and the southern city-states. Given how good the turnout was for the event you're referencing, perhaps I should organize something like that (maybe also combined with a victory celebration given 3.3's ending)

(09-15-2016, 06:55 PM)Arvid Greave Wrote: I have only seen the Maelstrom Command, like you said. Other than that, seen 0 Adder RP at all. Ever. Never seen much for adders. I've seen a few Flames RP FCs puttering around, maybe? Hmmm. Yep. Maelstrom Command looks REALLY NEATO.

But yeah you mentioned them, and that's all I have seen lately. Um, Jutat? That's a Flames FC isn't it? I don't know, really. I'm sorry. Maybe you should start something up again, even if it's just a linkshell.

Yeah, Maelstrom Command looks super, and makes me wish I had the spare time to dedicate to running such a gig. Running an LS has less responsibility, and certainly an idea! The first time around I was quite lockstep with making it 100% compliant to how the Flame NPCs style themselves, but if I do have a second go, it'll be more "Hey you can dress in those stupid FFXIII outfits but if you're a Flame, you're a Flame". Theme of a veteran officer reaching out to get in contact with the irregulars.

I think the issue with the Adders is that their flavour is a more asymmetric ranger sort of force, and doesn't seem very 'military'. Maelstrom offers a naval, high seas flavour, while Flames has that straightforward land army appeal to it.

RE: How's GC RP going? - Valence - 09-16-2016

If I had the time to devote or a jump potion I could create an Adders/God'sQuivers/Wailers alt and a LS associated with it... I would really like it. :c

Also if you really want a military approach for Adders, you can definitely play on the commando/guerilla/sentries side of things.

RE: How's GC RP going? - ExAtomos - 09-16-2016

I've been looking for something similar myself. I know there are Ul'dah specific FCs out there (besides mine), but I guess they like to stick to themselves? Not sure.
Huh

RE: How's GC RP going? - Anzio - 09-19-2016

Maybe they're all riding a desk somewhere? We can't all have 'heroic' exploits like you, Kale.

If I wasn't so busy trying to play catchup, I might consider running my own Flames RP thing. Anzio's definitely got the IC chops, but with my fluctuating work schedule I feel like I would be a letdown. Being out of the way like I am now allows me a little more freedom.