Hydaelyn Role-Players
TGS 2016 Live Letter - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV News (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: TGS 2016 Live Letter (/showthread.php?tid=17282)

Pages: 1 2

TGS 2016 Live Letter - Aldotsk - 09-18-2016

Brief updates:
  • 3.4 trailer shown

• Recap of what's in 3.4 (from last Live Letter)

• Squall outfit previewed

• China dress

• They've entered Sophia fight to show it off

• Sophia has a voice during the fight

• Showing off PVP 1v1 now (dueling)

• Dueling has neat new music

• Going into detail on PVP spectator mode, preview here

• Live demo of PVP spectator mode + custom match

• Showing off apartments. Has lobby, Chocobo stables, etc

• The current plan is to include 90 apartments available in each complex, but this number can be raised as needed for each ward, so don’t worry about room availability

• Showing off the aquarium and its UI

• New big fish in 3.4

• Squadrons: After assembling a sufficient number of NPC recruits, players can deploy a squadron of soldiers on a special missions, receiving special rewards upon their successful return

• There will be a Squadron Hall

• Squadron content will be expanded over time, such as running dungeons with your soldiers

• Squadron missions are similar to FFT Side Missions

• Wondrous Tails: https://twitter.com/BlueGartr/status/777015520415584256

• Showing off Wondrous Tails in-game

• Various content in Wondrous Tails including Coil, 2.x EX Primals, etc

• Odin figure shown off again

• FFXIV Arrangement Album Vol 2 "Duality" details

• More details on the lore book

• FFXIV 2017 official calendar merchandise

• TGS merchandise shown off

• Real Escape Game x FFXIV announced (Japan)

• Showing off countdown

[Image: Csh6mcXUkAAvqd_.jpg:large]

I'd have to say, I was very impressed by Squall outfit. I wonder if it's gender locked.

[Image: 14362535_327720014244493_1061186769554576364_o.jpg]

And another kid Miqote girl.

RE: TGS 2016 Live Letter - Shoshopu - 09-18-2016

• The current plan is to include 90 apartments available in each complex, but this number can be raised as needed for each ward, so don’t worry about room availability
[Image: khQwEWE.gif]

GOOD. This is good.

I'm thinking the Squall outfit probably won't be gender-locked, since the Cloud and Zidane outfits aren't? I'm thinking it'll probably be another Veteran Reward (if they haven't already said that it is)

Very excited about aquariums! +w+ and LORE BOOK!! Squadrons and 1v1 pvp sound pretty neat, too.

I remember 1v1 pvp was sort of a thing in FFXI, but you'd just go into that pvp game on the island with the defense turrets and stuff with one other person and just hang out on the beach out of the actual pvp game elements' range and just duke it out lol

RE: TGS 2016 Live Letter - Seriphyn - 09-18-2016

Just show the new GC gear already I've waited since 2.0 for this hngh.

RE: TGS 2016 Live Letter - Swanmay - 09-18-2016

Lore book! I dread to think how expensive it's going to be for me in the EU... I hope it wont be too much but we shall have to see.

I'm glad they decided on that way to do apartments! Finally a form of housing that wont become ridiculously priced! I think I'll be getting a small aquarium for mine too. Just to have one and put my fisher to good use!

Aside from that there's not much I can really see myself getting excited about. I have soo much to catch up with on both of my characters since I had like a 6 month break. So I will get excited about it when it rolls around for me!

RE: TGS 2016 Live Letter - Kage - 09-18-2016

(09-18-2016, 11:40 AM)Shoshopu Wrote: I'm thinking the Squall outfit probably won't be gender-locked, since the Cloud and Zidane outfits aren't? I'm thinking it'll probably be another Veteran Reward (if they haven't already said that it is)
In the 3 year anniversary live letter, it wasn't explicitly stated in the slides but unofficial translation said that Squall was listed as the 1440 Veteran Reward but they couldn't show it off (yet)

RE: TGS 2016 Live Letter - Virella - 09-18-2016

(09-18-2016, 11:58 AM)Swanmay Wrote: Lore book! I dread to think how expensive it's going to be for me in the EU... I hope it wont be too much but we shall have to see.

I'm glad they decided on that way to do apartments! Finally a form of housing that wont become ridiculously priced! I think I'll be getting a small aquarium for mine too. Just to have one and put my fisher to good use!

Aside from that there's not much I can really see myself getting excited about. I have soo much to catch up with on both of my characters since I had like a 6 month break. So I will get excited about it when it rolls around for me!
You know the shipping costs are going to be at least on par with the book right?

I really hope they will sell on (the Dutch version of) Amazon, so I don't have to deal with the horrors of SE EU stores and shipping

RE: TGS 2016 Live Letter - Cailean Lockwood - 09-18-2016

Can't wait for that Squall jacket. :3

RE: TGS 2016 Live Letter - Steel Wolf - 09-18-2016

Personally, I am quite surprised by the Wondrous Tails thing. I was not expecting a weeklies journal that could provide strong rewards. I was half-expecting some idle fluff.

RE: TGS 2016 Live Letter - Dreams of Priapia - 09-18-2016

"Are you ready for a lore book?"

[youtube]6aEEZYvofHw[/youtube]

RE: TGS 2016 Live Letter - Valence - 09-19-2016

I'm not sure to get what those Wondrous Tails is all about...

RE: TGS 2016 Live Letter - Swanmay - 09-19-2016

(09-18-2016, 04:20 PM)Virella Wrote:
(09-18-2016, 11:58 AM)Swanmay Wrote: Lore book! I dread to think how expensive it's going to be for me in the EU... I hope it wont be too much but we shall have to see.

You know the shipping costs are going to be at least on par with the book right?

I really hope they will sell on (the Dutch version of) Amazon, so I don't have to deal with the horrors of SE EU stores and shipping

I know, that's why in kinda dreading it. Though my heavensward order went through smoothly so I'm going to remain cautiously optimistic that it will all go well. If not, then hopefully Amazon wil stock it.

RE: TGS 2016 Live Letter - Sounsyy - 09-19-2016

(09-18-2016, 11:43 AM)Seriphyn Wrote: Just show the new GC gear already I've waited since 2.0 for this hngh.

Think they've already previewed the new gc gear before for the 3.4 patch, unless I'm mistaken?

[Image: XjiFSYC.jpg]

RE: TGS 2016 Live Letter - Valence - 09-19-2016

Adders.. Looks so not gridanian...

RE: TGS 2016 Live Letter - Seriphyn - 09-19-2016

(09-19-2016, 01:17 PM)Sounsyy Wrote:
(09-18-2016, 11:43 AM)Seriphyn Wrote: Just show the new GC gear already I've waited since 2.0 for this hngh.

Think they've already previewed the new gc gear before for the 3.4 patch, unless I'm mistaken?

[Image: XjiFSYC.jpg]

Has to be more, right? At least the Elite gear from hunts has a tank set, DoW set, and DoM set.

In the 3.4 trailer squadrons segment, the PC seems to be wearing a Maelstrom-esque jacket that is only waist length.

RE: TGS 2016 Live Letter - Sounsyy - 09-19-2016

(09-19-2016, 06:22 PM)Seriphyn Wrote: Has to be more, right? At least the Elite gear from hunts has a tank set, DoW set, and DoM set.

In the 3.4 trailer squadrons segment, the PC seems to be wearing a Maelstrom-esque jacket that is only waist length.

Assuming you caught the picture below which does seem to suggest that, like elite gear, there'll be a tank, DoW, and DoM version of the set. But, the only preview they've shown of the gear is the image I linked before, which we can assume is the DoM version of the gear.

[Image: 1wTJqNX.png]