Hydaelyn Role-Players
Syra's Sketchbook - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Artisan House (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Syra's Sketchbook (/showthread.php?tid=17310)

Syra's Sketchbook - Syranelle Ironleaf - 09-22-2016

For the past five years, Rheumatoid Arthritis has robbed me of my creativity since it's very painful for me to hold a pen, pencil, or brush for very long.  This year for my birthday, though, we decided to pick up an inexpensive tablet PC and see if it might help.  I've found it much easier to doodle on than traditional paper/pencils or even paint, since I can do it with my fingers -- like adult fingerpainting!  XD

So, I resolved that I would take back my creativity by sketching a little something every day.  To start, I decided to restart my old line of chibi-doodles, which were something I used to do on post-it notes.  I may not succeed in daily sketches, but I will certainly try!

I hope you enjoy coming along with me on this journey and seeing how my art style grows and develops.

All artwork is drawn on an Asus Zenpad 10 using Artflow Studio for Android.

Encouragement and comments are welcome!
[Image: jPFPrnF.jpg]

RE: Syra's Chibi-Doodles - Syranelle Ironleaf - 09-22-2016

Show Content

Show Content

Show Content

Show Content

Show Content

RE: Syra's Chibi-Doodles - SicketySix - 09-22-2016

Happy to see you found a way to pursue a passion of yours!
And those are super awesome!

RE: Syra's Chibi-Doodles - Syranelle Ironleaf - 09-23-2016

The player behind Alexander got me a spiffy, lightweight precision stylus for my tablet, so he gets a bonus chibi!

Show Content

RE: Syra's Chibi-Doodles - Syranelle Ironleaf - 09-24-2016

Show Content

RE: Syra's Chibi-Doodles - Syranelle Ironleaf - 09-25-2016

Show Content

RE: Syra's Sketchbook - Syranelle Ironleaf - 10-21-2016

Been a while!  I've posted a lot of new art lately, I've just been bad about updating things here.  XP   That said, I just finished this one and I'm pretty proud of it.  ^_^  That's saying a lot considering I typically hate everything I draw.  >_>

Show Content

RE: Syra's Sketchbook - SicketySix - 10-21-2016

And you say you draw this with your finger on a PC tablet? That's seriously amazing!

RE: Syra's Sketchbook - Syranelle Ironleaf - 10-21-2016

(10-21-2016, 04:42 PM)SicketySix Wrote: And you say you draw this with your finger on a PC tablet? That's seriously amazing!

I was actually given a Meko Precision Stylus by a friend for my birthday, so a lot of the sketchwork / lineart / details were done with the stylus, colors were done with fingers!

RE: Syra's Sketchbook - Syranelle Ironleaf - 10-26-2016

Show Content

RE: Syra's Sketchbook - Serenity - 10-26-2016

They're really cute!

If you need inspiration, I'm always happy to see and share art of Serenity~

RE: Syra's Sketchbook - Syranelle Ironleaf - 10-29-2016

Show Content

RE: Syra's Sketchbook - Syranelle Ironleaf - 01-02-2017

Been a while since I updated!  I am the worst thread updater... XP

Show Content

Show Content

Show Content