Hydaelyn Role-Players
Random Remarks - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Random Remarks (/showthread.php?tid=17343)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Random Remarks - Charity322 - 09-28-2016

Surely I'm not the only one who finds random stuff to comment on about the game that doesn't deserve its own thread. XD I felt like making a thread for that purpose that anyone can post in.

To start with, as I was poking around char creation testing stuff, why do Keepers of the Moon have only gray or white skintones? Anything darker than pale as pale can be has a greyish hint to it or is outright blue/black. I wish I could use the Seeker colour palette and have a healthy tan.

RE: Random Remarks - Gegenji - 09-28-2016

I would assume that would be because Keepers are supposed to be mostly nocturnal? I don't recall exactly where I heard that, but that would explain the lack of a tan. Possibly even an inability to due to evolution? Maybe they just sunburn instead, along with their eyes not liking daylight due to those FOREVER SHOCKED pupils. o_o

RE: Random Remarks - Virella - 09-28-2016

(09-28-2016, 08:07 AM)Gegenji Wrote: I would assume that would be because Keepers are supposed to be mostly nocturnal? I don't recall exactly where I heard that, but that would explain the lack of a tan. Possibly even an inability to due to evolution? Maybe they just sunburn instead, along with their eyes not liking daylight due to those FOREVER SHOCKED pupils. o_o
Sounsyy Resources, Best Resources xD

The nocturnal among the Miqo'te have dubbed themselves the Keepers of the Moon. Shying from the garish light of day, they revel in the shroud of night, with most offering their piety to Menphina the Lover, goddess of the moon.
They are distinguishable from their diurnal cousins by their darker fur, larger ears, rounder eyes, more pronounced canines, and longer, skinnier tails. The ritual application of war paint to the face is still regularly practiced, as it is believed the vivid colors grant lunar powers.
The Keepers are known for their reticent and brooding personalities, but are also respected and sometimes feared for their tenacity.

So yeah, I'd imagine its just a nocturnal thing type of deal. I don't know how this makes remotely sense with real life logic, but hey, Eorzea!

RE: Random Remarks - Charity322 - 09-28-2016

Hmm, yeah I can see why they wouldn't have a tan, but I just wish that the grey colours didn't make them look so sickly.

RE: Random Remarks - Gegenji - 09-28-2016

(09-28-2016, 08:28 AM)Charity322 Wrote: Hmm, yeah I can see why they wouldn't have a tan, but I just wish that the grey colours didn't make them look so sickly.
Not enough Vitamin D will do that to you, I guess? They should take some supplements. Laugh

RE: Random Remarks - Charity322 - 09-29-2016

Spent so long trying to catch one fish that I leveled twice and got the 'the fish sense that something is amiss' twice. The one single time I actually caught the right moochable fish I automatically clicked on recast. DX

RE: Random Remarks - Aaron - 09-29-2016

Am I the only one who wishes all races had seeker/Xaela eye options effects? (Slitted pupil or glowing limbal rings)

RE: Random Remarks - Valence - 09-29-2016

Possibly, I would hate that as it would remove some of their specific, endemic traits. I like having endemic traits proper to a race, or else everything turns pretty generic. Granted, it's not yet on the level of "why not giving horns to lalafells or everyone also?", but you get the idea...?

RE: Random Remarks - Steel Wolf - 09-29-2016

I wonder when the trend of buttcapes will finally fall out of vogue for this game's designers. Most of the gear seems to involve some errant piece of cloth hanging around the waist and doesn't really provide a sense of visual dynamism. It's especially worse when you consider that XIV's cloth physics aren't really that great.

I'd just love to see more heavy armor options or other cloth integrations, like tabards or loincloths and the like.

RE: Random Remarks - Aaron - 09-29-2016

(09-29-2016, 07:49 AM)Valence Wrote: Possibly, I would hate that as it would remove some of their specific, endemic traits. I like having endemic traits proper to a race, or else everything turns pretty generic. Granted, it's not yet on the level of "why not giving horns to lalafells or everyone also?", but you get the idea...?
I mean seeker eyes I'll give you that, but limbal rings are a thing all eyes have regardless.

RE: Random Remarks - Gegenji - 09-29-2016

(09-29-2016, 08:10 AM)Aaron Wrote:
(09-29-2016, 07:49 AM)Valence Wrote: Possibly, I would hate that as it would remove some of their specific, endemic traits. I like having endemic traits proper to a race, or else everything turns pretty generic. Granted, it's not yet on the level of "why not giving horns to lalafells or everyone also?", but you get the idea...?
I mean seeker eyes I'll give you that, but limbal rings are a thing all eyes have regardless.

Dunesfolk eye reflectiveness slider. From dull sheen to "you can use them to back up your car."

RE: Random Remarks - Charity322 - 09-29-2016

I've seen horns on lalafells. There's some accessory that gives them long, sloping ones.

RE: Random Remarks - Gegenji - 09-29-2016

(09-29-2016, 08:24 AM)Charity322 Wrote:

I've seen horns on lalafells. There's some accesory that gives them long, sloping ones.
There's actually two "horn" head items. One is the succubus horns you can get for MGP from the Golden Saucer, the other is the... Ultima Horns, I think they're called... which are obtained using tokens you get from the Proto-Ultima Weapon FATE in Azys Lla.

RE: Random Remarks - Valence - 09-29-2016

Well, I meant, Au'ra horns.

RE: Random Remarks - Roda - 10-02-2016

Why are the hair colors, especially the "weird" hair color choices different for each race?? The Miqo'te are missing like two rows of blue hues that are really pretty Sad