Hydaelyn Role-Players
Hello, New Here - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Hello, New Here (/showthread.php?tid=17382)

Hello, New Here - Julius - 10-03-2016

I new here, going to fallow template for this. im never really good at these kind of posts.

--MMORPG background
Been playing since beta of 2.0. 

--RP experience
Non really, kinda why i came here. Iv been on Balmung since lauch of 2.0 and rp was always an interesting thing i loved about the server. I may have never been apart of one but it was always an interesting thing i liked. And i have no idea were to start...

--Character ideas/info
I have no idea?

--How did you learn about the coalition?
Google Cool

--What kind of a role-player are you aiming to be? Light, medium, or heavy?
Posably light no idea iv never rped just been an interest.

RE: Hello, New Here - SicketySix - 10-03-2016

Oh I can remember when curiosity got the best of me and I dabbled into RP a bit. Nerves can certainly play a factor but once you get past them and focus on your character, things become a lot easier and more fun!

As far as where to get started well, that's a heavy question. First you should figure out what type of character you have an interest in. next, adapt their personality to said character and you will be on your way.

Give them a good balance of strengths vs weaknesses. What scares them, what they like to do for fun, how the behave when confronted with a difficult choice etc.

Once you have your basics down, try doing some light RP with another and see how it all fits together.

And of course, feel free to ask for any help here on the forums. Lots of RP veterans around to show you the ropes and help yo with your character.

RE: Hello, New Here - Julius - 10-04-2016

Im not sure were to start with my character. Iv never rped in an mmo before.
Were would i post to get help with starting?

RE: Hello, New Here - Nightsha - 10-04-2016

Well you can certainly ask some questions here, but you may want to go to the Character Workshop, which is specifically for getting help with your character ^_^

RE: Hello, New Here - Ruran - 10-07-2016

Hello hello!

If you're having trouble, it may be good to start with a theme or occupation (skypirate, medic, thief, etc). Or think of a character from a story that you enjoy, and adjust ideas to fit your own unique character.

Once you have the basic concept down, you can nail down specifics. Their backstory, personality, hobbies, future goals, and so on.

And then yeah, as Sickety said, try some light RP with someone. Test out the character, try to figure out their personality, and when you're comfortable, you can move on to public events and walk-ups.

Good luck out there! If you need any help, let me know, I'd be happy to meet up and break in your character with you!