Hydaelyn Role-Players
[Balmung] [Periodic] Merchant, Marine Sign Ups - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Roleplay Events (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+---- Forum: Chronicled Events (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+---- Thread: [Balmung] [Periodic] Merchant, Marine Sign Ups (/showthread.php?tid=17401)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

RE: [Periodic] Merchant, Marine Sign Ups - LiadansWhisper - 03-08-2017

Eh hem. A certain person made a request for Liadan so I'd like to sign up for the Assault event if there's still room.

RE: [Periodic] Merchant, Marine Sign Ups - Anstarra - 03-08-2017

I'd like to officially sign up for Sail The Stable Seas

I'll definitely come on in as a sub for Assault if it's possible, but I think An's personal story has more closely attached to these issues of New Patriotism.

EDIT: Since the other one was cancelled, naturally, I'll go to Assault!

RE: [Periodic] Merchant, Marine Sign Ups - Verad - 03-11-2017

Important Update:

Because big setpieces like naval battles are large enough to accommodate many people, and because a number of players are going to want to be involved, I have decided to open the Assault event on Sunday to general participation. If you have a ship, a reason to be involved in Merchant, Marine by this point, and an understanding of the Fate-14 rules, you are invited.

Because this will involve many different participants, I am requiring the following to make sure this runs smoothly:
  • It is your responsibility to read the rules - both for Fate-14 2.0 Combat and the Ship rules, which can be found in the very first post of this thread. Know them as well as you can, as there will be very little time to introduce new players to the basics of the system. If you have questions or are confused, ask me before the event whenever possible.
  • Groups will party together based on their attached ship. We will be using the Roll-Eorzea LS for OOC communication in the event as a whole.
  • Each ship should designate someone - a captain or some other important person - as the caller for their ship. They will inform me what actions the ship is taking.
  • For ease of play, initiative will be based on ships - each ship will take all of their actions at once in a round. The order in which your ship is taking actions on your turn can be decided amongst players, or taken simultaneously if turn order doesn't matter for you.
  • IC communication between ships will be limited. Pay attention to the Signalling action in the ship rules: You will have to sacrifice an action to tell somebody else you're doing something.
  • Please keep OOC downtime to a minimum. That means cutting back on excited chatter and "Hey I get that reference" moments. Rules questions are fine within reason, but again be sure you understand the basics.
Here is the current list of ships I have attached to this event, as well as their associated players:

Sultana's Revenge
S'imba Tia
Osric Melkire
W'Chaza Yheli
Aya Foxheart

Iron Bitch
Anstarra Silverain
Jana Ridah
Aigiarn Kha

Stormbreaker
Qara Hotgo
Zanzan Yanzan
Maric Thornharte

Tumult 
Liadan Summerfield
Leanne Delphium
Gallien Vyese
Virara Wakuwa

Interested, But No Clear Ship Yet

Those of you who still don't have a ship, feel free to speak to those who do to see if you can hitch a ride, or I can design a ship in the auxiliary fleet for you to use. Note that the Tumult and Stormbreaker are already at Gloam, so if you aren't there as well, getting on board isn't possible.

RE: [Periodic] Merchant, Marine Sign Ups - Zaius - 03-11-2017

I'm going to pull out of the Scout for Saturday and Assault event for Sunday actually. Sorry for the late notice, but I know that I would just be going crazy waiting for everyone to take turns with this many people. Good fun to you all.

RE: [Periodic] Merchant, Marine Sign Ups - Knight Kat - 03-11-2017

Qara and Zanzan will be joining assault then! I will ask Khunbish to see if he can join.

The Stormbreaker will be there!

RE: [Periodic] Merchant, Marine Sign Ups - Khunbish Avagnar - 03-11-2017

Unfortunately due to schedule conflicts, I won't be able to attend, have a bi-weekly pathfinder game I run starting around that time.

RE: [Periodic] Merchant, Marine Sign Ups - Aya - 03-11-2017

Sweet!  I shoud be able to make it tomorrow night I think!  If anyone wIll me on their ship!

RE: [Periodic] Merchant, Marine Sign Ups - Leggerless - 03-11-2017

Part of the crew on the Sultana's Revenge for the moment.

RE: [Periodic] Merchant, Marine Sign Ups - S'imba - 03-12-2017

Well Aya is always welcome on the revenge, since she's been a crew member previously.

RE: [Periodic] Merchant, Marine Sign Ups - Anstarra - 03-13-2017

LOOKING FOR MORE - Crew of the Maelstrom Steamship/Destroyer Iron Bitch

So, who knows how much is left to this storyline, but well, I'm on the lookout for more who'd be interested in being part of An's crew. I'm terrible at recruiting and getting involved in the RP cliques that seem to pop up left, right and center, so I'm just gonna toss this out there~

So, here's a link to a previous page I made with the ship's info.
http://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/showthread.php?tid=17141&highlight=iron+bitch

In brief, she's a Medium ship, conceptually a ship of the Foreign Levy whose crew was mostly assigned to actions during the later stages of the Dragonsong War. The ship herself is an experimental steamship, powered by magitek and ceruleum.

In terms of special armaments, there's been precedent for An equipping her with anti-submersibles and increased maneuverability stunts, and Jana putting on anti-air (hence the overall 'destroyer' moniker). She's a solid ship, though being short any kind of magic user right now is a weakness.

Whether or not the current story remains ongoing, An is likely to remain captain of this now rather battle-scarred ship... seeing as her 'day job' is this, and she's at it when I'm at my own job, it's an important part of my RP, and I'll love forever anyone who gets involved~

EDIT: We recently captured a Battleship and a Cruiser from the Garleans... will we be upgrading to a Large vessel in the near future? Time will tell...

RE: [Periodic] Merchant, Marine Sign Ups - Verad - 03-14-2017

After a very, very fraught and chaotic evening, the combined forces of Gloam have triumphed against the Garlean reprisal force, despite the lack of assistance from Maelstrom forces. The nascent colony has proven its strength. Congratulations to all participants!

The third major chapter of Merchant, Marine has finished with the conclusion of "Floating Fortress Firmitas," and milestones are being handed out as follows:

Minor Milestones
Ojene Suinuet
Rini Kett
Khunbish Arkhadim
Chakha Hotgo
Tengri Geneq
Edda Eglantine

Significant Milestones
This is a much simpler list: If you were at the climactic event of Floating Fortress Firmitas, you get a Significant Milestone.

Remember, this means that if your character has a Serious Consequence, you can automatically place this into recovery.

Apart from the participants of last night's event, the following also receive Significant Milestones:

Eamon Eglantine

Please see me if you have any comments or questions about how to use your Milestone!

The final set of events to close out Merchant, Marine will be posted tomorrow. Stay tuned!

RE: [Periodic] Merchant, Marine Sign Ups - Verad - 03-14-2017

Installment 7:

Flogging Morris
It's about time this happened, and while several officers in the Maelstrom have been putting it off, it can be delayed no more: Dominic Morris is to be flogged. Although the event is to be placed in a less public environment than the Aftcastle, his hundred lashes will be displayed for any Limsan curious enough to see.

While such displays of naval discipline are typically a spectator sport for the bored and the bloodthirsty, recent events in the city have shown that a crowd can never be trusted to behave.

When: Tuesday, Mar 21st, 8:00 PM CST
1. Tiergan Vashir
2. Zaius Rhal'seer
4. Rini Kett
5. Liadan Summerfield

Styrmm's End
The Maelstrom was expected to provide assistance to the separatist ships of Gloam during the recent fight against the Garleans as part of a joint task force led by Commodore Haelstyrmm of the 9th Squadron. However, the expected support failed to arrive, leaving the separatists and members of the Foreign Levy to defend themselves against a Garlean squadron and a Borealis-class ground assault airship. While they were ultimately successful, they did so knowing the Maelstrom broke its word. Commodore Haelstyrmm has been called to a hearing to justify these actions.

When: Thursday, Mar 23rd, 7:30 PM CST
Groundlings
1. Leanne Delphium
2. Qara Hotgo
3. Chakha Hotgo
4. Edda Eglantine
5. Virara Wakuwa
6. Gallien Vyese

Maelstrom Officials Who Actually Want To Participate
1. Jana Ridah
2. Ojene Suinuet
3. Khunbish Adarkim
4. Zanzan Yanzan

Turns Remaining: 0/15

Anstarra Silverain
-Prepare
Chakha Hotgo
-Investigate x 2 (+1 Extra Turn Penalty for Compromise)
Khunbish Adarkim
-Prepare
-Investigate
Ojene Suinuet
-Investigate
Osric Melkire
-Act (6-Person Maximum)

Story Aspects

Ceruleum Shortage - The Syndicate is making a killing selling ceruleum to Limsans now that the price has artificially spiked to levels bordering on the obscene in the wake of the recent shortage. The magitek appliances which appeared throughout the city are now impossible to power as the Maelstrom prioritizes incoming shipments for their own projects. There are rumors that people will kill a man for his magic crystal juice.

A New Patriotism - Echoes of this still linger, despite concerted efforts to dispel the sense that Limsa and freedom are increasingly distinct concepts among the populace. People still grumble that the Jackets should just take some troublemaker in and smack him around, or that the Maelstrom should just go ahead and sink some of these pirates they suspect of other trouble, evidence or no, and code be damned.

Gloam United - What was originally an alliance of convenience between two forces with every reason to distrust each other has, over the course of moons, become a true organization in its own right. The Garlean defense forces on Gloam have defected for the sake of self-rule, and their united fleet with the Foreign Levy was able to prevent the annihilation of their fledgling colony. The people on the island of Gloam now stand united - they are much less willing to accept compromise on their ideals and goals. But everyone in Limsa loves an underdog story, and the public is much more sympathetic once reports of the separatists bloodying Garlemald's nose start filtering in.

RE: [Periodic] Merchant, Marine Sign Ups - Leanne - 03-14-2017

Styrmm's End. RAGE.

RE: [Periodic] Merchant, Marine Sign Ups - Khunbish Avagnar - 03-14-2017

Khunbish for strymm's end

RE: [Periodic] Merchant, Marine Sign Ups - LystAP - 03-14-2017

Chakha for Styrmm's End.

*sharpens stabby daggers*