Hydaelyn Role-Players
[Balmung] [Periodic] Merchant, Marine Sign Ups - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Roleplay Events (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+---- Forum: Chronicled Events (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+---- Thread: [Balmung] [Periodic] Merchant, Marine Sign Ups (/showthread.php?tid=17401)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

RE: [Periodic] Merchant, Marine Sign Ups - Verad - 10-06-2016

(10-06-2016, 12:59 AM)Klynzahr Wrote: Could you put Klyn down as an alt please? Smile

Do you have a specific event in mind?

RE: [Periodic] Merchant, Marine Sign Ups - Klynzahr - 10-06-2016

My first pick would be Salt in the Wound.

RE: [Periodic] Merchant, Marine Sign Ups - S'imba - 10-06-2016

Unfortunately due to other people's schedules our boat event is on that same day as salt in the wound. So I'll have to drop out since my story aspect prioritizes that over a new story. Though if possible I'd like to join the reserve list for Roe country.

RE: [Periodic] Merchant, Marine Sign Ups - McBeefâ„¢ - 10-06-2016

Likewise! I'll have to drop out as well due to a scheduling conflict.

Good luck!

RE: [Periodic] Merchant, Marine Sign Ups - Verad - 10-21-2016

Episode 2: The Rice Was All Between

A fishing boat straying into the Sea of Ash reported an emergency distress beacon from a merchantman in the distance, and have returned to report the situation and their general location. Their claims seem to indicate that the ship is of Garlean make, but has run its colors. Relief vessels are requested to identify the nature of the problem and provide assistance or subdue and capture the ship as necessary.

Time: Thursday, October 27th, 8:30 CST
1. Leanne Delphium
2. S'imba Tia
3. Osric Melkire
4. Kanaria Melkire

Note: Ship required. A Limsan merchantman is available for use in the event of all characters having no personal vessels of their own.

An Impartial Martial

A notice posted at several Maelstrom locations:

Officers not currently busy with training or other duties, report to the Marauder's Guild at the 21st bell to convene a court martial in regards to crimes committed while on official duty.  Judgement according to Maelstrom naval code requires “adequate officer presence” for correct procedure to be followed.

Signed: Captain Holskstymm Faezsyng 

A notice posted at leve counters and adventure hubs:

Maelstrom officers seeking legal counsel for the business of court martial to convene in the Marauder's Guild at the 2st bell for crimes against the Maelstrom and the high seas. For assistance adhering to proper legal code, counsel sought from learned individuals.

Time: October 27th, 9:00 PM CST 
1. Bartu Bolir
2. Aya Foxheart

Note: Please contact Nihka Mioni for questions related to this event.

Wooden Ships and Iron Men

Due to recent problems with piracy and Garleans, Maelstrom Captain Yiyisun Yisun, in conjunction with the independent brigantine "Rhalgr's Reward," will be hosting free tactical combat training for independent merchantmen and Grand Company ships alike.  It is the hope of the Admiralty that with civilian ships trained in self defense that the waters around Vylbrand will become safer for all shipping traffic.

This training will include the basics of naval combat including gun drills, maneuvering, boarding actions and ramming techniques.

Time: October 28th: 8:00 PM CST
1. Zanzan Yanzan
2. Virara Wakuwa

Note: Contact Spahro Llorn/Xanadu Mol for details. This event is good for anyone who wants to learn how to use the ship rules; a ship will be provided accordingly for novices.

Defection Protection

Following the recovery of survivors from the wreck of the Maiden's Wound, it has become clear that the ship went off course throughan especially savage mutiny, of which one of the survivors has declared himself to be a key conspirator. The brutality of the mutiny has roused the ire of good Limsan folk, as well as the interest of the Dutiful Sisters, intent on dispensing their own justice. The Yellowjackets are requesting adventurers to help provide security during the transport of the prisoners from temporary holding cells in the Moraby Drydocks to a more secure location in Limsa Lominsa, pending investigation of the wreck and the convening of a formal court martial.

Time: Saturday, October 29th, 7:30 CST

1. Liadan Summerfield
2. Gallien Vyese
3. Klynzahr Ihyrnactwyn
4. Tiergan Vashir

RE: [Periodic] Merchant, Marine Sign Ups - LiadansWhisper - 10-21-2016

I'd like to sign up for Defection Protection.

RE: [Periodic] Merchant, Marine Sign Ups - S'imba - 10-21-2016

If possible I'd like to try and be a reserve for defection protection.

RE: [Periodic] Merchant, Marine Sign Ups - PhantasticPanda - 10-22-2016

Signing up for Wooden Ships and Iron Men!

RE: [Periodic] Merchant, Marine Sign Ups - Gallien Vyese - 10-22-2016

Defection Protection for Gallien please

RE: [Periodic] Merchant, Marine Sign Ups - Klynzahr - 10-22-2016

I would love to sign Klyn up for Defection Protection but due to work, I would arrive between 30 and 40 minutes late. Is is possible for me to join when I arrive?
Sad

RE: [Periodic] Merchant, Marine Sign Ups - Verad - 10-22-2016

(10-22-2016, 12:45 AM)Klynzahr Wrote: I would love to sign Klyn up for Defection Protection but due to work, I would arrive between 30 and 40 minutes late. Is is possible for me to join when I arrive?
Sad

There should be enough warm-up time that Klyn would be able to arrive, yes.

RE: [Periodic] Merchant, Marine Sign Ups - LiadansWhisper - 10-22-2016

What Verad means is, we'll probably spend an hour talking his ear off. Big Grin

RE: [Periodic] Merchant, Marine Sign Ups - Tiergan - 10-22-2016

Signing up Bartu Bolir for An Impartial Martial (I'm so, so sorry to everyone else who plays with me that night) and Tiergan Vashir for Defection Protection.

RE: [Periodic] Merchant, Marine Sign Ups - Leanne - 10-22-2016

Signing for The Rice Was All Between!

RE: [Periodic] Merchant, Marine Sign Ups - Verad - 10-22-2016

DAYS TURN BY

Forewarned is forearmed, and preparation is an important part of any adventurer's long-term survival. However, there's only so much time in a day to find out important information before going into an event. Even the most powerful magician, richest Monetarist, and strongest warrior has to contend with the rise and fall of the sun.

To represent the issue of limited time in a storyline between events, a modified version of the Turn system from the Guild-Fate (or Seasons) FC management system, by Halren Rhalsgard, will be used to limit the amount of actions players can take between events. Actions will be broken down into one of three categories, with a different turn value for each:

Prepare
Cost: 1 Turn
Prepare actions involve single characters gaining advantages to improve their own chances of success. These actions are performed on their own time, and often require little personal investment on the characters' part.

Common Prepare actions include looking for/making new equipment, getting consequences healed, hiring help for a future event, or in the case of ship-based events repairing damages and replacing crew.

Research/Investigate
Cost: 2 Turns
Some actions take a lengthier time commitment because they require the character to spend a lot of time reading books, talking to old contacts, or piecing together clues. Attempts to take actions involving the Lore, Investigate, and Contacts skills in particular are considered research actions. However, these actions can often yield information and results critical to resolving a plot.

In general, actions that take suggest a long period of time to work like the skills above indicate a Research/Investigate. Actions that require multiple different skills to work are also candidates. It's possible for a simple Prepare action to become a Research/Investigate as the situation becomes more complicated.

Discussion
Cost: 2 Turns
Getting together to pool information with other players requires some organization and time spent gathering everyone in one place, in addition to the actual RP scene itself. No rolls are needed for a Discussion.

Discussions indicate fairly large gatherings of characters, at least four or more. If you need to coordinate everyone's schedules OOC, it's a Discussion. No rolls are necessary.

Act
Cost: 3/4 Turns
Why wait for the DM to come up with events all the time? This is supposed to be a proactive system, and you're adventurers! You don't always have time to wait for other people to cause problems for you to solve. Get out there and cause problems of your own!

Acting indicates that you want to organize an event outside of the usual list that come with sign ups. The cost varies based on the size of the event. Small events with no more than three players cost 3 Turns. Larger ones that would be the size of a normal event, up to four to six players, cost 4 turns. Make sure everybody's schedules are clear for this - especially the DM!

Restrictions
There are only a few restrictions on being able to use Turns to prepare outside of events, as follows:
  • Characters who have signed up for events marked as TRAVEL events cannot perform actions - they are too busy getting to the event itself.
  • There are only a limited number of Turns to be used in each round, collectively shared between all members of the plot. Turn usage will be tracked in the sign-up thread, but once they're gone, you're out of time.
  • Turns do not guarantee success - they give you a chance at success.
Current Turns For Merchant, Marine, Round 2: 10